PDA

View Full Version : Is there any party combination you refuse to use?

Wolf Kanno
09-01-2014, 06:48 AM
I just can't help hating the Thief class in this game and Ninja wasn't impressive enough to make it worth slugging through the hard and tedious section of the game with them. So my party would probably be a group consisting of just Thief and Black Mages. What are team combo do you not want to use?

Colonel Angus
09-01-2014, 06:59 AM
It really depends on the version you're playing. The GBA version fixes a lot of crap that was bugged in the NES version.

I think an all White Mage/Wizard party would suck in any version. They have almost no offense. 1 Masamune. 1 Thor's Hammer. Crap for the last two. They could get away w/ using items for magic, but then, it's only 2nd tier spells.

VeloZer0
09-01-2014, 07:27 AM
I don't know about refuse to use.... more like certain better combinations I have a million things that I would rather be doing.

*This is all based on the original mechanics, not DoS.
1) Anything without a Fighter. Yes, I know it is doable, but so is smashing my head through the drywall.

2) Anything with more than one 'carry' character. I define carry characters in FF1 as Thieves and Black Mages.

Ayen
09-01-2014, 07:45 AM
I never cared much for thieves, so an all Thief party would suck.

metagloria
09-04-2014, 03:37 AM
I have very rarely branched out from Fighter-based (always 4 of them, growing up cheating with Game Genie) groups, so I'm currently "challenging" myself (GBA version, so not really that challenging) with Thief/Black Belt/Red Mage/Red Mage.

LocoColt04
09-04-2014, 03:51 AM
I actually have refused to do an all Red Mage party before - not because it would be tough, but because it would be ridiculously easy. The last time I played, I had friends pick names and classes... and they all picked Red Mage, so I told them to start over. :3

Pumpkin
09-08-2014, 03:08 PM
4 White Mages :D

Rez09
09-14-2014, 11:48 PM
I'm pretty against an all black mage or thief party; neither could take hits, or land them, and have no way to heal themselves other than potions. The early game would be such a drain with either group. ._.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-29-2014, 08:48 AM
I don't know that I would refuse to use a certain party. 4 white mages might be worth considering if you want the challenge. I'm not that type of gamer, though.

Thief haters gonna hate. Thief all day. I'm handing out thieves left and right. Buy one get one free. While supplies last. Results may vary.

theundeadhero
10-30-2014, 07:06 AM
Any party with a thief or black mage I wouldn't want to play.