PDA

View Full Version : September Movie Releases

Ayen
09-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Same as the games thread. You better not disappoint, Hollywood!

4th: Before I Go to Sleep

5th: The Identical
Mary Kom

6th: Horns

7th: Ned Rifle

12th: Dolphin Tale 2
The Drop
No Good Deed
Search Party

19th: The Maze Runner
This Is Where I Leave You
Tusk
A Walk Among The Tombstones

25th: Finding Fanny

26th: The Equalizer
A Matter of Faith
Believe Me

27th: My Little Pony: Equestria Girls – Rainbow Rocks
The Good Lie
The Imitation Game
Nightcrawler
Rosewater
The Theory of Everything

Yay or nay? Why didn't I do this in August, there was so much to talk about. Ah well.

This Is Where I Leave You, A Walk Among The Tombstones, and The Equalizer are what sticks out to me.

deepdoop
09-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Same as the games thread. You better not disappoint, Hollywood!

Before I Go to Sleep
The Drop
Search Party
The Maze Runner
This Is Where I Leave You
Tusk
A Walk Among The Tombstones
The Equalizer
Nightcrawler

I bolded the ones that are a theatre visit for me, money permitting. There is no fucking way I miss The Drop, Tusk and The Equalizer, especially, but A Walk Among The Tombstones is also in there. I could probably wait for DVD for the rest, though I would go see The Maze Runner and This Is Where I Leave You if I get in a movie mood.

Nightcrawler, Before I Go To Sleep and Search Party will be movies I watch some day if I got nothing else I really want to watch.

Jinx
09-01-2014, 02:07 PM
I think it's based off a book, but not knowing much about it The Maze Runner's trailer was pretty cool. Kaya Scodelario! :heart:

Ayen
09-01-2014, 02:12 PM
I think it's based off a book, but not knowing much about it The Maze Runner's trailer was pretty cool. Kaya Scodelario! :heart:

It is. A Walk Among The Tombstones is based off a book also. A lot of movies and TV shows seem to be based off novels these days.

When are the EoFF authors here getting their books adapted?

Flaming Ice
09-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Sees Nightcrawler....looks up =( not the xmen character *disappointed*

Vyk
09-02-2014, 02:58 PM
What amuses me is that I haven't heard of ANY of these. Hurray for going off the grid. Netflix and the way I have YouTube set-up means I'm never annoyed by commercials, ads, and promotions. And I quit caring about movie releases when theater prices started going over $10 a ticket..

Ayen
09-02-2014, 03:49 PM
What amuses me is that I haven't heard of ANY of these. Hurray for going off the grid. Netflix and the way I have YouTube set-up means I'm never annoyed by commercials, ads, and promotions. And I quit caring about movie releases when theater prices started going over $10 a ticket..

Only $5 per ticket here. $7 if it's by Sony. Sony doesn't like to give discounts.

Shorty
09-02-2014, 04:55 PM

Same, yeah. If I'm spending $10 a ticket for a movie, it's got to be something I am super interested in seeing on a big screen. Otherwise, I'll wait until it's released after theaters. I've been so slack on movies this year. In fact, I don't know if I've even been to a single theater at all.

Horns - Looks a little hokey, but I have faith in Joe Hill's writing and Daniel Radcliffe's acting. Would see.
Rosewater - Written and directed by Jon Stewart! Definitely.
The Imitation Game - If I see any of these in theaters, it will be this one. Benedict Cumberbatch as a WWII cryptanalysis? Yes. Tywin Lannister? Yes. Distributed by The Weinstein Company? Yes. Additionally, I don't pay too much attention to IMDB ratings, but this one has an unusually high one of 9.5/10 (though I suspect this may not be totally accurate). Super stoked for this one!
This Is Where I Leave You - I feel like these kinds of comedies are becoming more and more popular and thus they are stretching things a little bit. Would see, but probably will not be great.

That's about it. Not a super awesome month, I guess.

Vyk
09-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Sad part is, it's actually $12.50 a ticket here. And like $14 or $15 for a 3D movie. It's ridiculous. If you can go in the mornings or afternoons the prices are a tad better. But either way, the prices are just outright disgusting. If you want popcorn and a drink it easily gets $20-25 and isn't hard to spend $50 on a date >.> Which is why I've never been to the movies with my current girlfriend...

deepdoop
09-02-2014, 06:44 PM
I guess I'm weird because I really don't mind paying 12 bucks to go to the theatre and see a movie on a big screen. Keep in mind though that a) I do very little else when I go out, b) live in a town that didn't have a theatre for years and don't want to go back to that c) I don't have kids/a family to take and d) I'm rich.

Okay, D isn't true.

In all seriousness, I just love the experience of a theatre so long as people aren't loud and annoying during the movie, which they usually aren't.

Jess
09-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I will not miss 'The Drop', because Tom Hardy. :love: but it's not released here until November.

Nothing else on this list permits a cinema visit for me.

Flaming Ice
09-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Sad part is, it's actually $12.50 a ticket here. And like $14 or $15 for a 3D movie. It's ridiculous. If you can go in the mornings or afternoons the prices are a tad better. But either way, the prices are just outright disgusting. If you want popcorn and a drink it easily gets $20-25 and isn't hard to spend $50 on a date >.> Which is why I've never been to the movies with my current girlfriend...

Don't they have anything like a tuesday deal?

I think tickets here are about 10 for a regular 13.50 for 3d

Freya
09-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Horns looks interesting. I can't get over Radcliff's american accent. I like it so much more than his british one...

Shorty
09-05-2014, 05:30 PM
I listened to a review of The Identical today. It sounds terrible. I had no idea what it was about before, but now I definitely have no interest in seeing it. This article sums up my eye-roll perfectly well (http://www.sfgate.com/movies/article/The-Identical-review-Elvis-script-is-a-bit-of-5733593.php).