PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME ARGH%#%^56E

Pumpkin
09-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Ever get off the phone or out of a conversation with someone and think "WHAT WAS THAT SELF YOU RUINED EVERYTHING GO SIT IN THE CORNER"

I just had that :(

Bubba
09-01-2014, 03:30 PM
I've said dumb things on the phone before, sure. I never dwell on it for too long though.

Dat Matt
09-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Ever get off the phone or out of a conversation with someone and think "WHAT WAS THAT SELF YOU RUINED EVERYTHING GO SIT IN THE CORNER"

I just had that :(

I have. Story time?

Sephex
09-01-2014, 08:08 PM
I might have told this story before on here, but whenever I think of awkward phone conversations, I think of the first time I tried to call a girl after the first time I managed to get a girl's number. This was in the glory days when no one had cell phones, so you had to usually had a parent or sibling answer the phone first, which was kind of awkward enough, but I never found it that bad (probably because I grew up with doing that).

Anyway, I was in 7th grade, and my group of people ended up hanging out with a group of girls while we were trick or treating on Halloween night. We ended up at one of the girl's house and I thought she was pretty cool. So I did something that was ballsy and very unusual for me at the time and I straight up asked for her number. She looked sort of awkward about it, but didn't hesitate to give her number to me. I thought I was the s***.

So the next day I decided to call her. When she got on the phone, I realized I had no plan or any real reason for calling. So after asking her how she was doing she told me she was fine and my brain started to scramble for stuff to talk about. I figured all that walking everyone did left on Halloween left everyone else as sore as me, so I decided to talk about that. I panicked and asked her, "Can you move?" She, of course, had no ****ing clue what I was trying to convey and replied annoyingly, "Can I move??" I embarrassingly explained what I meant and decided to quickly end the conversation.

I never called or saw her again, and I think she was okay with that. I like to imagine she has a family of her own now and tells her kids that story of the dork that tried to talk to her and was horribly awkward on the phone. The story of my incompetence will be passed down their bloodline for generations. Thousands of years from now, after society has collapsed and rebuilt itself, a religion will be based on that awkward phone conversation, and I will be the devil. If only I handled myself better on the phone that day, none of this would have ever happened...

Colonel Angus
09-01-2014, 08:09 PM
I get that feeling every time I click "submit".

Aulayna
09-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I avoid using the phone as much as possible.

I think the only phonecalls I have these days are with delivery drivers trying to find where I live.

AssassinDX
09-01-2014, 08:57 PM
I have a similar story to Sephex, started dating a girl in school and ended up getting her landline number - again none of this mobile nonsense in those days, so of course I had to go through her mother which was bad enough.

The big problem I had was the fact that I'd spent well over an hour psyching myself up to call her in the first place, planning what I was going to say. Her mother answering was the proverbial curve ball I wasn't expecting, so by the time I got through to her I was a wreck. Cue a whole lot of "uhh..." and "...errrr" as I stumbled for the right words, sweating profusely and breathing heavily during frequent long pauses where I had no idea what to say.

In the end I settled with asking her out into town for the day. She went to ask her mother and I heard a fair bit of mumbling afterwards, probably her saying "please think of an excuse for me" before telling me she had to go out with her family. That was probably a good thing as I completely lacked the mental capacity to plan anything beyond the 100 yard walk into town from her house.

I happen to know she is now married with children, and has probably told the story of that creepy lad who couldn't hold a phone conversation.

Ayen
09-01-2014, 10:56 PM
I say stupid things I regret all the time. Just not over the phone since I hardly talk on the phone.

I think the only phonecalls I have these days are with delivery drivers trying to find where I live.

My parents suffer the same problem with the pizza delivery driver. The funny thing is they're right across the street from the entrance to our neighborhood.

They never seem to get lost when I order pizza, though.

~*~Celes~*~
09-04-2014, 10:42 PM
oh god yes :|

Shiny
09-07-2014, 10:31 PM
How is a phone call not awkward though? I don't think any can't be because talking through a phone is probably the most awkward form of communication we have other than snap chatting.

Mirage
09-07-2014, 10:42 PM
No not really, I don't really talk that much on the phone, and when I do it's usually pretty safe topics.

Chris
09-20-2014, 08:47 AM
I like talking. I talk a lot. I say dumb things. I say smart things. I regret nothing.