PDA

View Full Version : Let's Make a Band!

Wolf Kanno
09-02-2014, 06:46 AM
You've decided to make a band with other EoFFers, you need a guitarist, singer, bass player, someone on drums and a fifth spot that can be any instrument you need.

Which EoFFers will joing your band?

What is the Band's name?

What genre do you play?

Why is the band going to break-up?

Sephex
09-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Band name: Polo Ponys

Guitar: Myself

Drum loops/keyboard/vocals: edczxcvbnm

OH WAIT THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED:

http://poloponys.ytmnd.com/

Be sure to have your headphones turned up. We play very subtle and soft music.

Dat Matt
09-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Drums - Myself. I used to play a bit, Could probably jump back in.
Guitar - Bubba. Dudes pretty sweet witha guitar
Vocals - Kalevela. He sounds like a radio personality
Bass - I don't know anyone that plays bass. Lets make Jinx do it.
Saxophone - White wizard of Fynn totally knows how to use a saxophone. Right?

Genre - Jazz... Na just kidding. We'd transcend genres and go with a combination of Disco and Grunge.

Name - xX_Band_Xx

Breakup - Too many ladies will block the doors to our dressing room after the first performance. We never made it out alive.

noxious.sunshine
09-02-2014, 08:55 PM
I used to play bass kinda.

Still remember the bass bits for "Charlotte" by Kittie & "Stay Together For The Kids" by Blink 182. haha

Pheesh
09-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Drums - moi

Guitar - o_O

Vocals - Rantz

Bass - Locky (she can't play... but at the same time it's bass, so she totally can play)

Synth Loops - this can be anyone, but I think maybe Shorty would be a good'un cause we can sample her saying things like "You are the worst!" and "Why are you... the way that you are!?" Holy trout, now that I think about it, that second one is totally the album name. I'm like Simon Cowell on crack right now!

Anyway. Half the time the music is going to be super melodic, ambient sounds with Rantz softly speaking Swedish nonsense over the top of it. The other half of the time it's going to be BR00TAL foreign metal, with Rammstein-esque vocals, just in Swedish instead of German, and with some weird chick on the stage smiling at various people in the audience without showing her teeth, so that they really start to question their lives. Also I want Rantz wearing clothes that really accentuate his height, he can stand next to Locky a lot because she's itty bitty and it'll be a good contrast.

Mike has to have one of those guitars that's shaped like something, I'm thinking a dragon, and Rantz and I are going to handle all of the press and interviews, but he will only speak in Swedish and I'll only speak in Italian, and our answers will have nothing to do with what the other person is saying. My vision for this whole thing is to have 'those fans.' You know the ones, the kind that say stuff like "PFFffFtt!! You don't like the music? That's just cause you don't GET it!" and buy our t-shirts even if they have the most tacky designs and a string of words written on them that mean absolutely nothing.

Ill get back to you on the band name.

TL;DR We're totally available for EoFF weddings

Calliope
09-02-2014, 11:15 PM
All yr base are belong to me!!!

I've never even held a bass guitar. I play a little bit of acoustic/electric, though

Somewhere I have "Hail Bruckner" on CD. I would probably be in an eoff band!

Sephex
09-02-2014, 11:20 PM
OOC: I'm pretty sure Calliope plays base!

http://i.imgur.com/yMYaquV.jpg

Calliope
09-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Usually the bass player is the best looking one, so sure, I'll be your bassist!

Bubba
09-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Usually the bass player is the best looking one, so sure, I'll be your bassist!

Shorty
09-03-2014, 04:59 PM
I want to be a part of a male/female vocal duo who share/trade vocals. So obviously my choice is Kalevala. We would both play guitar and Kale would play piano and I would play harmonica, Tasura would be on drums, and Lonely Paper Star would be on bass. We need a name, though, and I'm blanking. :(

Alternatively, Rantz and I already have a band called Kids in a Pond.

Old Manus
09-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Kathryn and I made a band; we released a well received debut album My Stupid LIFE!!!!! but were disappointed with the followup Website (My New One), apparently people don't like 12 tracks based around the tarragon herb or something. In the end we broke up due to creative differences and a surge in popularity for our rival band, ff babe and Super Delete's Forbidden Love (affectionately shorted to FFBSDFL, or 'Fubbus Duffel' by their fans).

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-04-2014, 07:45 AM
znf1gNktsCc

Sephex
09-04-2014, 09:44 AM
znf1gNktsCc

If one of them healed another party member during that scene, the action would be called a band aid.

Oh my god what the **** is wrong with me.

Dat Matt
09-04-2014, 08:00 PM
You shouldn't be spreading around puns about bands. They are contraband you know. But seriously:

What is a man shackled to a in ball and chain's bad called?

A Husband

Pheesh
09-04-2014, 11:12 PM

Words mean things, Matt. They mean things.

Dat Matt
09-04-2014, 11:35 PM

Words mean things, Matt. They mean things.

7Sor0LXiSZg

In my defence, I was probably distracted by something shiny.

Ps - Was my awful pun a consolation for my bad everything?

Loony BoB
09-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Too busy dying while trying not to laugh out loud at work after reading Phil's post.

...Okay, okay, I'm good now. Let's see.

Band: Podcats & Friends - We rotate lead singers like crazy.

Drums: Pheesh - The obligatory choice for anyone setting up a band made up of EoFFers. Detesting the song choices and general style of the remaining crew, he occasionally bursts into unexpected drum solos, living his dream of one day being a backing band member for a 5ive reunion.
Guitar: Bubba - Another obligatory choice. Bubba is the mainstay guitar hero of Podcats & Friends, and can occasionally take on singing responsibilities too.
Bass: Kalevala - Can he actually play bass? I don't know. The good looking one that all the ladies want is always playing bass. This is a no-brainer. Occasionally takes on the job of those random parts where all the singing stops and someone with a sexy voice says something like "This one goes out to all of you ladies." or "Baby, you mean so much to me." or "A kangaroo can not walk backwards. Coca-cola was originally green. Let's make love."
Piano: QuadraMagic - Josh is more epic than anyone realises.
Vocals: smittenkitten - Supposed to be in for female solos, but often too busy giggling to actually sing, and sometimes just ends up barking like a dog for no particular reason.
Vocals: Locky - Rather famous for her duets with Dat Matt. Also responsible for epic dancing.
Vocals: Dat Matt - Rather famous or his duets with Locky. Also responsible for epic dancing.
Vocals: Loony BoB - For male solos and (of course) raps.
Manager: Shauna - She shakes her head, sighs and comes onto the stage to tell us that we really, really should stop. Generally gets more applause than anyone else for some reason.

I'm probably missing a few people but this will do for now.

Karifean
09-07-2014, 02:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/yNoKKh1.png http://i.imgur.com/RdF224U.png

Slothy
09-07-2014, 03:45 AM
Yeah, obviously Phil is the obligatory choice on drums. Don't know anyone else on here that plays that instrument.

:mad:

Loony BoB
09-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Yeah, obviously Phil is the obligatory choice on drums. Don't know anyone else on here that plays that instrument.

He spends more time drumming it into everyone's heads that he plays the drums than you do. :smash:

Bubba
09-08-2014, 03:01 PM

Yeah, he's always banging on about it. He used his mad skills to snare Lockharted.

Loony BoB
09-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Sometimes it's so bad it's like being beat with sticks.

Shauna
09-08-2014, 03:35 PM
:stare:

Slothy
09-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Those may be the worst drumming jokes/puns I've ever seen. And I was pretty sure I'd seen them all.

Credit to Bubba for making it sexual at least (if your brain happens to be innapropriately dirty at all times).

Dat Matt
09-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Have you been snared by these puns?

Will this one Crash and burn?

Slothy
09-08-2014, 08:55 PM
I could ride the wave of these puns with my friend Tom all the way to china where I bet our superior puns would be a real splash, even if they think our accents are strange. At least it'd beat this gong show. But it's okay, not everyone can roll with the best of them and it's been a real stroke of luck you've been able to keep up for this long. But if nothing else, at least you've still got an impressive hi hat in your sig. That's gotta count for something.

Pheesh
09-09-2014, 01:21 AM
I had to head over to this thread to kick it with you guys as soon as I heard about these drum puns, but what do I get? Some sub par puns that were probably copy paiste from other sites. I was so close to throwing up I started to (g)ret(s)ch. Just face it guys, this post is a pearl and your puns will never be as good as meinl.

Slothy
09-09-2014, 01:56 AM
Your puns are Sonort even funny. There's a Trick to it you don't seem to have gotten the hang of and you just come off as a Supraphoni(c). It's probably going to be a while before you're ready to go solo but don't fret (fuck, wrong instrument) because Tamarrow is another day and with some practice you might pick up some rudimentary skills in the way of the pun. But if you can't hack it feel free to play some Roc-n-Socem robots instead. But if you do you'll never develop the sort of chops required to receive Pro-Mark's for humour. So Don't Worry if it's a bit difficult. With practice you'll Evanstually get there and be a true Ambassador of drumming puns.

Pheesh
09-09-2014, 02:28 AM
You've just Crushed my dreams.

Loony BoB
09-09-2014, 08:48 AM
This thread is turning into some kind of Animal.