PDA

View Full Version : The Destiny Thread

Bubba
09-04-2014, 04:07 PM
So... we are only 5 days away from the release of this game and I for one am very excited.

Who is gonna be getting it on the day of release?
Are you getting it on PS4? XBox One?
Which class are you gonna go with?
Do you want to be on a fireteam with me?

Anyway, discuss Destiny.

Psychotic
09-04-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm looking forward to it more than I have any other game in the past 12 months, which isn't saying a great deal if I'm honest. I played the beta on 360 but I don't know whether to get it on 360 or PS3. Depends who is getting it for what console I suppose.

Bolivar
09-04-2014, 05:35 PM
I am playing a Human Warlock (tried the other race/classes in Alpha and Beta) and will absolutely be in your Fireteam Bubba!

Can't believe we're finally here, this is a pretty big moment in gaming as far as witnessing the birth of a new IP.

deepdoop
09-04-2014, 06:18 PM
I have it pre-ordered for PS4. I don't really know what class I'm going to be... it'll depend on what one my older brother wants, really, because I hate us being the same class.

I played the beta for a while. Keep in mind it was only a beta so things could be different and we've only seen a small portion of the game, but I do think it'll be a solid 9 out of 10, at the very least. I'm excited for a new IP, and it controlled well, looked good, etc.

At the same time though, from the beta, I'm not sure it's exactly doing what the hype is saying it will. Obviously once I play the full game I will know better, but I wonder if it's going to be this astonishing experience that people say it will be. A game like Destiny pretty much has to get universal 10s though to live up to the hype.

Don't take any of this as me not being excited because I am. I'm just a little more cautious than some other people I guess.

Bolivar
09-04-2014, 07:43 PM
I think most people understand this is going to be a wildy successful and fun game to play with friends but I don't see anyone predicting it to be a timeless masterpiece with 10/10s across the board. Content will be its biggest issue, as Bungie has said the full game will have five locations approximately the same size as what we saw in Old Earth, with an endgame Raid mode they have not revealed yet. If everything goes according to plan, I see it being an 85 at a minimum, with room to go higher depending on just how much Bungie has kept close to the chest.

More than anything, it seems people are just relieved to have a robust multiplayer shooter whose online experience doesn't revolve entirely around competitive matches. But if the content is on the lighter side, the game's following will certainly drop off once the Master Chief Collection, Advanced Warfare, and Far Cry 4 hit.

Freya
09-04-2014, 08:02 PM
I have it preordered (for like 2 years now) and for the 360 but I wont be a day 1 buyer. I just didn't budget right for it! So i'll be playing, but not right away. Maybe that'll be better because then I can miss any patching or updates needed.

Del Murder
09-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I don't normally like FPS but this one has me intrigued. I'll wait for the reviews first.

deepdoop
09-04-2014, 09:04 PM
I think most people understand this is going to be a wildy successful and fun game to play with friends but I don't see anyone predicting it to be a timeless masterpiece with 10/10s across the board. Content will be its biggest issue, as Bungie has said the full game will have five locations approximately the same size as what we saw in Old Earth, with an endgame Raid mode they have not revealed yet. If everything goes according to plan, I see it being an 85 at a minimum, with room to go higher depending on just how much Bungie has kept close to the chest.

More than anything, it seems people are just relieved to have a robust multiplayer shooter whose online experience doesn't revolve entirely around competitive matches. But if the content is on the lighter side, the game's following will certainly drop off once the Master Chief Collection, Advanced Warfare, and Far Cry 4 hit.

I get what you're saying. I think I might just go different places or talk to different people because everywhere I go it seems like people expect more than what you're saying. However, I agree with you 100%. Destiny should be a lot of fun, and like I said, I will more than likely end up rating it a 9 or something, but it'll be a 9 based around having a sound foundation and good game mechanics rather than a 9 that really gets me because of innovations.

chionos
09-04-2014, 09:24 PM
9ZyQK6kUdWQ

Boy, it's hella tempting to get a ps4 just for this game. What console are you going with, people?
I have no idea what console I'm going to use. I guess it will depend on whether or not there are a large segment of e-offers on a particular console, as none of my rl friends seem like they're going to play.

Freya 360
deepdoop ps4
psychotic ps3/360
bolivar ps4
bubba ?
Aulayna ps4
Nicolas ps4

Aulayna
09-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Got it coming for my shiny new PS4.

Dr Unne
09-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Can someone give a one-paragraph or bullet-list explanation why I should be excited about this game? Is it because it's by Bungie? It looks like every other sci-fi gun/grenade shoot-aliens FPS.

Nicolas
09-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Think of Destiny as Bungie's Halo MMO. Instead of being dumped in a game with numerous people at once, you're in a Shared World similar to the game Journey. Players will appear in areas randomly from time to time. There is a separate section for PvP that is basically Halo's multiplayer experience. You gain quests, items, and experience for your chosen class just like any RPG game. There are even end-game raids to play, though 'with friends only' is a requirement. Their vision also includes that this game should last for 15 years. I believe that's what they said at least. We'll see.

Based on the alpha and beta, it was fun. It's one of the few games this year I'm genuinely excited to play. Have it pre-ordered for the PS4 and look forward to playing as either a Titan or Warlock.

Bolivar
09-05-2014, 05:26 AM
It's a gorgeously-rendered and adeptly-designed shooter, re: fun and the amout of love Bungie poured into it seeps through every moment. Its mechanics speak beyond the FPS crowd, as many consider this the spiritual successor to Phantasy Star Online as much as Halo. Its addictiveness spans open-world exploration, loot-based dungeon-diving, spontaneous/dynamic world events, and RPG-esque character progression and customization. All of this occurs while players show up in your game or you seamlessly team up with friends. While Destiny doesn't do any one thing thats completely new, it's the combination of beloved game mechanics, executed at a very high level, that does bring something new to the table. If that doesn't excite you, there's no shame in this just being another title to skip out on.

I'm playing on PS4, chionos.

chionos
09-05-2014, 05:38 AM
So far it's looking like the majority of eoffers are playing on ps4. Pressure's on. Dang.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-05-2014, 06:11 AM
I've got it preordered for PS4! No idea when I'll get to play it though.

Loony BoB
09-05-2014, 11:37 AM
I can only handle one MMO at a time, so it's a no-go for me.

chionos
09-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Freya -- 360
deepdoop -- ps4
Psychotic -- ps3/360
Bolivar -- ps4
Bubba -- ?
Aulayna -- ps4
Nicolas -- ps4
Scotty_ffgamer -- ps4
Dr. Unne -- The new ITgFYg 2.0*
Loony "Therearen'tanychocobos" BoB -- Eorzea (the only way he'll play is if it shows up as a game-within-a-game inside FFXIV)

*The new console called I'm Too Good For Your Game. It's the console where you don't play any games because they're not as good as Final Fantasy I.

Iceglow
09-05-2014, 05:16 PM
I plan on buying this end of month for 360 along with PC Minecraft folks

Freya
09-05-2014, 05:29 PM
I DON'T HAVE A PS4 YOU GUYS ARE BUTTS. BUY ME ONE.

Freya's EoFF PS4 Destiny Bundle Fundraiser: $0.00/$449.99

Del Murder
09-05-2014, 05:58 PM
I'll pledge a quarter.

deepdoop
09-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Kickstarter that shit, Freya. I'll give, at the very least, a dollar.

Bubba
09-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Get one started, Freya! I'll chuck in $5 for you

I'm gonna be experiencing it in all its glory on my PS4 :D

Aulayna
09-06-2014, 12:56 PM
I DON'T HAVE A PS4 YOU GUYS ARE BUTTS. BUY ME ONE.

Freya's EoFF PS4 Destiny Bundle Fundraiser: $0.00/$449.99

I just traded in my old 360 and all the games I had for it, because the reality was I haven't turned my 360 on in over a year so it was just dwindling value. So decided to trade-in before the value dropped even further.

Aulayna
09-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Also, pretty sweet:

http://kotaku.com/last-gen-destiny-comes-with-a-free-current-gen-upgrade-1631183985

Bolivar
09-07-2014, 05:08 AM
^ That's pretty awesome being free, especially since the next-gen launch titles made you pay $10 or so to upgrade.

Night Fury
09-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Pheesh will be getting this for PS4. I don't know much about it really as I'd rather play it not knowing a damn thing! :p (more exciting!) maybe I'll play it! He definitely will be though!

chionos
09-07-2014, 08:12 PM
It's definitely PS4 for the majority. Poor Freya. Sorry yo.

Psychotic
09-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Apparently all the Sony fans upgraded to current gen and I'm the only schmo with a PS3. So I guess I'm going 360.

Aulayna
09-07-2014, 08:56 PM
TRADE IT IN AND GET A PS4 LIKE I DID. JOIN ME.

Pheesh
09-08-2014, 03:20 AM
Tomorrow! My body is ready.

But yeah, between playing this and FFXIV I am going to be a disgusting shell of a human being.

Bubba
09-08-2014, 12:42 PM
I have spent the last two weeks eating healthily so my body is in optimum physical condition for the forthcoming extended play sessions. Also, I've managed to swap my shift at work tomorrow for an early finish so I can be on it sooner.

AAAAHHHHH!!! BRING IT ON!!!!!!

EDIT: Also, anyone who is on PSN my ID is Dannyeg5dby

Loony BoB
09-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Apparently all the Sony fans upgraded to current gen and I'm the only schmo with a PS3. So I guess I'm going 360.
If you intend on getting a PS4 at some point, I'd suggest the PS3 version as it will come with a free PS4 digital upgrade (based on what I've read in this thread).

Pheesh
09-08-2014, 01:24 PM
My PSN is Mr_Obesity for anyone that wants to add me for some shootin' good times.

Aulayna
09-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Mine is Lillyxrielle, just be sure to actually include a message with your EoFF name in it as I just flatout reject requests from people I don't know.

Nicolas
09-08-2014, 03:26 PM
my psn id is lucaszyrus. I'll add the ones I already don't have on here later today.

Iceglow
09-08-2014, 08:09 PM
BoB that's cross platform. Basically you buy it on the 360/ps3 and when you make the leap you pay like $5 - $10 and get the game on that platform too. It's the same thing pulled with Minecraft on consoles. When you upgrade you can get the current gen version for $5. Only works within a family of consoles so you can't go from 360 - ps4 and take advantage.

Freya
09-08-2014, 09:05 PM
I was hoping it was going to be 360 to ps4 just cause. I don't plan on getting an xbone but I do plan on getting a ps4

Psychotic
09-08-2014, 09:54 PM
The offer only runs until January and I don't think I'm going to next gen by then.

Pheesh
09-09-2014, 02:34 AM
I have it, I would be playing it but these days there is an obligatory 10 hour wait time for the game, patches, patches' patches and controller software updates to download.

Just let me play the game!! Y_Y

EDIT: this game is smurfing amazing.

Night Fury
09-09-2014, 04:38 AM
Yes, the game looks really cool!

Watching the opening mission and the little Ghost robot starts to talk..... It's Peter Dinklage!

Bubba
09-09-2014, 09:51 AM
I want to finish work so I can get home and play this!

What class have you gone for Phil?

NeoCracker
09-09-2014, 09:57 AM
I started simple with a Titan class. Almost went hunter.

Not far into it, only cleared three areas after getting my warp drive.

But I'm enjoying it well enough.

Bubba
09-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Yeah it's close with me for either Titan or Hunter. I'm gonna go with the latter though as I like the extra agility you get.

fat_moogle
09-09-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm getting this game today, but mainly just for the white PS4. It will be with me in about 5 to 7 hours.

I suck at FPS games but I'll give this one a go. Have no idea about classes or anything haha.

Pheesh
09-09-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm an Exo Warlock, it's great fun. Currently sitting at lvl 12. I can't actually do any missions on earth without the game booting me from the servers though. I can do stuff on the Moon and the Crucible just fine though.

Bubba
09-09-2014, 12:06 PM
I suck at FPS games but I'll give this one a go.

This is me all over. I'll be the one standing still and not knowing where he's getting shot from.

I'm an Exo Warlock, it's great fun. Currently sitting at lvl 12. I can't actually do any missions on earth without the game booting me from the servers though. I can do stuff on the Moon and the Crucible just fine though.

I think some of the later Warlock moves are killer. So is it a known issue with the Earth server? Is everyone having trouble getting in?

Pheesh
09-09-2014, 12:21 PM
I think a lot of people are getting the same disconnections. I'm pretty sure it's just how full the servers are getting as it gets closer to peak times, because it was fine earlier today.

Bubba
09-09-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm fully confident the whole thing will crash just in time for me to finish work and boot up the game.

Aulayna
09-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Haha yeah, I finish work at 9pm... so I get home just in time for worldwide prime time. I'll be surprised if I even manage to get on.

Bolivar
09-09-2014, 02:13 PM
So how does it compare to the beta? Is the XP level progression not as fast?

Nicolas
09-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Oh no. I dread getting in from work tonight and trying. Just like Aulayna, I won't get home till peak hours of people playing.

As far as leveling, I hear it's essentially the same as the beta.

Eh. This day is going to go by slowly.

Pheesh
09-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Yeah, the levelimg goes quite quickly, it may slow down once subclasses are introduced though.

Once you're level 5 then you will be able to play the crucible which works all the time without disconnections at least. The overworld/story missions are still about 50/50 on whether I'll get in.

Nate
09-09-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm on now. Any PS4 peeps involved? I'm trying to get in a few remote play levels before I get home.

Also, did anyone buy through GameStop and not want their special add-on hover bike thing? I missed the pre-order window.

Pheesh
09-09-2014, 03:56 PM
I'm online still. PSN is Mr_Obesity

Aulayna
09-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Took a half day, installing it nao

Freya
09-09-2014, 05:02 PM
So lot of crashing from over population i'm assuming? Maybe it's a good thing i'm waiting.

Pheesh
09-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Seems much more stable now, I haven't been disconnected for about 4 hours. I'm done for the day now though, overall I'm extremely happy with this game. Pretty much got to wave goodbye to my life for the next few weeks though I think.

McLovin'
09-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Disconnect a lot. Don't finish a level with a full weapon inventory or you'll lose the weapon

Bubba
09-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Had an enjoyable couple of Fireteam missions with Nicolas last night. We tackled one of the Earth levels and then the first moon level. I was at level 6-7 but he was only at level 2-3 and he still did better than me! Though I am still finding my feet with FPS games so it may take some time.

If anyone else fancies Fireteaming up then give me a buzz. I will be having a session exactly 5 hours from the time of this post so hit me up if you fancy it and we'll hit some fallen with some heavy artillery :D

Bolivar
09-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I was level 8 last night doing moon missions with a level 6 friend and invited another level 5er to join us. She actually held her own pretty well, all things considered, so its good to know you can have a party with level disparities and still have a good session. This is a must, since the game really is at its best with 3 players. I played mostly solo during the beta and it was fun but the game was really designed as a co-op experience. And so far I feel Bungie knocked it out of the park.

Will try to catch up with you guys later on. Maybe we could get a full stack for the Crucible ,although I still haven't gotten fully re-acclimated to it yet.

Pheesh
09-11-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm level 21 atm, but cause I did most of my levelling with bounties and crucible I'm way behind on the story, which is actually cool because Nicolas, Fonzie and I have been able to run through them at the same time even though they're a couple of levels below me. Other than that I'm just grinding to try and get my crucible and vanguard ranks up, and I'll be starting to level up my second Warlock sub-class soon.

Also really keen to start tackling the level 18+ strike playlists with people I know, they're hard as hell but I'd feel so accomplished after beating one. We'll have to start getting some groups together to do that I reckon.

fat_moogle
09-11-2014, 04:44 PM
I'm the grand level of...4!

I died a TON of times doing a level 4 mission on earth earlier. I was level 3, but was 4 by the end of it as I kept needing to kill the same enemies over and over again haha.

I realised in the end that I hadn't changed my weapon. I was using a rifle, once I changed to a semi-automatic...BOOM! Complete.

As someone who's not in to FPS all that much the game is pretty fun. I've not played with anybody yet, just soloing missions.

Aulayna
09-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Hit level 16 earlier.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
09-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Holy crap. Do any of you nerds have Xbox One? If you do, my gamertag is truaninja, just let me know you are from eoff.

This game is brilliant. I finished the story today and have been doing Vanguard strikes and Crucible games since. I'm a level 20 Exo Hunter. I actually took the whole week off of work just to play this game. I love it.

Dr Unne
09-11-2014, 08:31 PM
I've been watching streamers play this, and it's pretty boring to watch. :( Maybe it's more fun to play than watch. Hope everyone is having fun regardless. I'll wait for the PC version.

Aulayna
09-12-2014, 03:00 AM
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10648433_10152749624819708_1761546492097109678_o.jpg

Now the boring currency grind begins, which is probably where I'll stop playing... or level the other classes up instead.

Pheesh
09-12-2014, 10:03 AM
I enjoy the pvp for the most part, so crucible grinding is fine for me. Vanguard seems like it will be incredibly slow but I haven't started doing proper strikes and raids yet, which might make it go quicker.

NeoCracker
09-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Word of this games innovation are greatly exagerated. :P

That said, as a person who doesn't really enjoy most FPS games, I quite like this. Light on the RPG elements compared to borderlands, but still enough of it there to keep me engaged. Currently Level 15 Titan, just cleared out all the Moon story missions, only the level 12 mission there to go before I move on to Venus.

Bubba
09-12-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm still languishing at Level 7 due to having no internet connection. Why now?!!

Bolivar
09-12-2014, 03:41 PM
Got to level 10 last night at a friends house, we watched Thursday Night Football while playing Destiny together on our Vitas. The Remote Play controls are very well done. My screen was choppy since I played over the Internet (with my PS4 connected to WiFi) but we still cleared the mission.

NeoCracker
09-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Level 18 right now, currently on Venus.

Pheesh
09-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Are there two level 20+ players that want to do the weekly heroic strike with me? I don't know why it doesn't just do a match making thing like with other strikes, seems pretty weird.

Nicolas
09-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Are there two level 20+ players that want to do the weekly heroic strike with me? I don't know why it doesn't just do a match making thing like with other strikes, seems pretty weird.

I'm definitely game when you're available.

McLovin'
09-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Anybody reached level 25 or 26 and wants to do the Nightfall strikes?

Level 24 op warlock.

Hit me up, babaganooooosh2.

NeoCracker
09-15-2014, 12:00 PM
22 baby. This Heart of the Justicar armor A got is bitchin.

Nicolas
09-15-2014, 03:29 PM
I've got two characters at level 20+. :| I'm probably going to be investing as much time as I've invested in a Souls game now... Want dem exotics.

Pheesh
09-15-2014, 05:09 PM
So, (basically) one week later update. Sitting at level 25 currently, and I have two legendaries. One I bought with my crucible marks, the other actually rolled from a legendary engram. However that was the only legendary I got from about 6 legendary engrams and it was only a warlock bond (FML -_-).

I was able to cap my crucible marks and got to rank two, with Vanguard I was about 200XP from rank 2 and 30 marks away from the cap, but work tomorrow means I won't get it before it resets I don't think. At the moment I'm just grinding away trying to finish this exotic weapon bounty and get to level 26+ for when the vault of glass becomes available. Still loving the game, it's so friggin fun. Also there's that much to do that I haven't even finished the main story yet >.<

I think the highlights so far have been a couple of really good crucible matches where my KD hit 3+, or beating the weekly heroic strike with just me and Nicolas, which was an insane pain in the ass but as rewarding as I'd hoped it'd be.

Madame Adequate
09-16-2014, 03:02 AM
The more I play this game, the more I am enjoying it. I think Crucible needs its rewards nerfed a bit though. Hearing Tyrion Lannister's dulcet baritone throughout the game is a true delight, but not as much as finding a great piece of gear.

Pheesh
09-17-2014, 02:59 AM
Going to get another little updated list going now that raids have started up, it'd be nice to know who on the forum is available to do certain end game content with, be it weekly heroic, weekly nightfall, or Vault of Glass. Also who you can pester to rush you through levels if that is your thing (I'm totally happy to do that if anyone wants). I'll go by your most recent posts but update me and I'll edit the list.

Member | In-Game ID | Char + LVL | PLatform | Time Zone

Pheesh | Mr_Obesity | Warlock 27 | PS4 | UTC +8

Nicolas | lucaszyrus | Titan 27 + Hunter 20 | PS4 | UTC -8 (I think)

Aulayna | lillyxrielle | Warlock 22 | PS4 | UTC

Bubba | Dannyeg5dby | Hunter 17 | PS4 | UTC

Fonzie | (dunno if he wants this given out, I'll ask later) | Warlock 24 | PS4 | UTC -7

McLovin | babaganooooosh2 | Warlock 24 | PS3 | UTC -8

Neocracker | ??? | Titan 22 | ??? | ???

Pant Leg Eater... | truaninja | Hunter 22| XBONE | UTC -4

Bolivar | rmx687 | Warlock 15 | PS4 | UTC -8

Give me all your updates!

Bolivar
09-17-2014, 03:39 AM
PSN rmx687
Level 15 Warlock
Eastern time so UTC - 5 I think?

Man I feel so behind!

NeoCracker
09-17-2014, 07:06 AM
Me, PaperStar, and Nick just got our asses kicked so bad we gave up. I'm going to cry. :cry:

Bubba
09-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Man I feel so behind!

Tell me about it.

I'm at level 10 with my Hunter and have been stuck on that for a while. I have no internet at home so I've been limited to short bursts whilst at MissH's house. She's got decorators in at the moment and one of them has drilled through something and now there is no internet at her house either :(

I'm just destined (pun intended) not to play this game. We're hoping to finally get internet installed at some point this week. Hopefully before Friday as I'm off that day and could use the time to get myself levelled up.

I do love the game though. My highlight so far came in the crucible on one of the moon levels. Managed a head shot with my sniper rifle from distance on a guy who was zooming along on his sparrow. Pretty chuffed with myself!

McLovin'
09-18-2014, 09:17 PM
PS3, pacific time zone.

chionos
09-18-2014, 09:28 PM
On PS3 for now. Will switch to PS4 in a couple months.

Aulayna
09-19-2014, 03:31 AM
I'm 22 now. Though haven't really been making much of an effort. Rep/Currency grind was pretty much an instant turn-off for me.

Playing it on and off still, but the spark has gone.

NeoCracker
09-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Were it not for playing with Paula and Nic, I'd probably have gotten rid of this game by now, but they make the grind fun. :p

Bubba
09-20-2014, 08:12 AM
First full day with internet yesterday so been playing a bit of catch-up. Almost at level 17. Been busying myself with bounties and crucible matches to level up faster. Though I did complete the level 12 moon strike battle against Phogoth which was lots of fun. Getting pretty handy with those meaty shotguns and my sniper rifle.

I am fucking awful in the Crucible though. Not really a player of FPS games so keep getting my arse handed to me. It's literally like 5 legendary guardians going up against a twelve-year-old fat kid with a paintball gun.

Bolivar
09-20-2014, 06:12 PM
The crucible can be tough to get into a groove with, you need to balance staying still for accurate shots while moving so the pulse riflers and snipers can't hit you, all while keeping an eye on your indispensable grenades and melees. It's good to try different playlists and lobbies but once I got into it, it's a pretty impressive multiplayer game.

Pheesh
09-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Had my first experience with the Vault of Glass raid and it is smurfing amazing. It is insanely hard but for some reason you can't help but keep coming back for more punishment.

I got a group going, played it for 3 hours and left when we beat the first boss. Made and ate dinner, watched chuck with Tara and then jumped back on the game, and the group were still on the first phase of the last fight. I've had to stop now because I need to sleep, but they were still going at it when I left. All credit to Bungie for not pulling any punches with their end game difficulty.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
09-22-2014, 04:55 AM
My Gamertag is truaninja
No e.
And I am a level 22(?) Hunter
And I play on XBox One
UTC -4:00

LocoColt04
09-22-2014, 05:08 AM
Brah. I know I'm late to the show, but I was palling around in SoCal when it launched, and haven't had any days off since coming home, so...

PSN: LocoColt04

I'm playing on PS4, but I've only got level two of each class. Female Awoken Warlock, male Human Hunter, male Exo Titan.

McLovin'
09-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Got to the last boss of Vault of Glass. It's freakin brutal but we will be that 14th group in the world to beat it...we will! You will know the name, Globo Gym.

Aulayna
09-22-2014, 08:45 PM
gzopWRXK_r4

Pretty much sums up my view on the game.

McLovin'
09-23-2014, 07:57 AM
gzopWRXK_r4

Pretty much sums up my view on the game.

All true but still having fun nonetheless. You'd think freakin Activision BLIZZARD would know how to implement a good MMO style game off the bat.

Bubba
09-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Not far off getting to the magic number 20 now so will see how I cope from there.

So far though I have really enjoyed it. FPS games are not my thing at all but with the RPG element it's kept me interested. The story hasn't gripped me like I thought it would but that doesn't take away from the fact that the game mechanics are excellent. Having never played FPS co-op before this has been the highlight for me.

Overall it is a very good game that has suffered from an unparalleled level of hype.

Bolivar
09-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I understand how someone expecting a Star Wars caliber IP might be disappointed but as far as making a fun co-op shooter with great mechanics and gorgeous environments, Bungie really exceeded my expectations.

I made a group!

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Pending/384104

Please copypasta or search for EoFF clan on Bungie.net. I believe there's a trophy for completing a Strike with your clan, so hopefully we can all nab this one sometime.

Also, as a PSA for anyone playing this on PS4 with PlayStation Plus, don't forget to download your copy of Velocity 2X from the PlayStation Store before September is over, it's GOTY.

Pheesh
09-25-2014, 07:37 AM
My raid team and I finally beat vault of glass... And I didn't get the damn white shader. RAGE!

But yeah, it was still amazingly fun and I got some great gear through the whole raid, so we're gonna try to level to 29 and then start attempting Vault of Glass hard mode.

Bubba
09-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Good effort Phil! I'm a bit of a way off trying that.

I've requested to join EOFF Group, Bolivar. Be great to do some strikes with you guys!

Nicolas
09-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Destiny seems to be a skeleton with the lacking flesh that typically is necessary. I'm hoping they plan on expanding the game a good bit more and that it hopefully comes together in time.

The nonsensical, scattershot of a story seems to be pieced in a way that forces you to read the grimoire lore in order to understand what's fully happening. I guess that's a good way to do it, but it only seems to be worthwhile if you are dedicated to trying to traverse their strange grimoire system.

PvP needs to expand on the match type choices and actually include more team objective modes. Having just three forms of team deathmatch and a free for all mode is rather sad.

They did release a patch (http://www.bungie.net/7_Hot-Fix---09252014/en/News/News?aid=12190) today that effectively killed farming and outlined (http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Dev-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12188) some changes they wanna make in the coming weeks.

With that being said, I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game despite some of the empty repetitiveness.

On another note: I've been having a hell of a time trying to complete an Exotic Bounty for Thorn. Anyone willing to help with a Level 26 Summoning Pits Strike with the Epic modifier? I can't even begin to say how annoying it is trying to do it and constantly being overwhelmed by the Wizards.

Pheesh
09-26-2014, 01:02 AM
Christ it's going to be hard to get ascendant mats now u_u

Nicolas
09-27-2014, 03:03 AM
well, this should be fairly good for you then

http://www.bungie.net/7_102-Patch-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12202

Pheesh
09-27-2014, 03:19 AM
Yeah, that all makes sense. Without treasure cave Legendary engrams were just too hard to find and then when you did find them they wouldn't be a legendary anyway. At least this way good loot is hard to find and you can be excited the moment you see a legendary engram drop.

Still miffed about the nerf to assault rifle range though ):<

Bolivar
09-27-2014, 04:36 AM
Be great to do some strikes with you guys!

Added!

Nicolas
09-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Yeah, that all makes sense. Without treasure cave Legendary engrams were just too hard to find and then when you did find them they wouldn't be a legendary anyway. At least this way good loot is hard to find and you can be excited the moment you see a legendary engram drop.

Still miffed about the nerf to assault rifle range though ):<

I am not. They are too beastly in PvP and need the nerf. Same with the Shotguns, which I use heavily. Invectus is a beast. It sounds like Scout Rifles might soon be a go to gun though.

Pheesh
09-27-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't like the idea of scout rifles because of aim assist, if they're going to have that in the game they need to make sure it isn't an option in pvp. I always did enjoy using my scout rifle in pve though.

McLovin'
09-30-2014, 08:34 AM
Destiny seems to be a skeleton with the lacking flesh that typically is necessary. I'm hoping they plan on expanding the game a good bit more and that it hopefully comes together in time.

The nonsensical, scattershot of a story seems to be pieced in a way that forces you to read the grimoire lore in order to understand what's fully happening. I guess that's a good way to do it, but it only seems to be worthwhile if you are dedicated to trying to traverse their strange grimoire system.

PvP needs to expand on the match type choices and actually include more team objective modes. Having just three forms of team deathmatch and a free for all mode is rather sad.

They did release a patch (http://www.bungie.net/7_Hot-Fix---09252014/en/News/News?aid=12190) today that effectively killed farming and outlined (http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Dev-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12188) some changes they wanna make in the coming weeks.

With that being said, I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game despite some of the empty repetitiveness.

On another note: I've been having a hell of a time trying to complete an Exotic Bounty for Thorn. Anyone willing to help with a Level 26 Summoning Pits Strike with the Epic modifier? I can't even begin to say how annoying it is trying to do it and constantly being overwhelmed by the Wizards.

I did it with my friend, both level 27. It was the longest most infuriating thing in the entire game. We basically stayed in the entry room after some point and just scratched away at them until Xyor showed up. It took like 4 hours honestly. The buffs they plan to give Thorn better be worth it lol.

Nicolas
09-30-2014, 03:48 PM

I did it with my friend, both level 27. It was the longest most infuriating thing in the entire game. We basically stayed in the entry room after some point and just scratched away at them until Xyor showed up. It took like 4 hours honestly. The buffs they plan to give Thorn better be worth it lol.

Ouch, that really sucks. I finally got it after deciding to do the strike on my own. It was significantly easier to do by myself and only took me an hour. Thorn is a good handcannon with very slow reload. As you said, hopefully the buffs will help it too. Now it's time to work on getting Bad Juju with the ridiculously small clip. :|

Pheesh
09-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Bad Juju absolutely sucks as it is at the moment. I just got Red Death in the Normal Mode VoG though, so that should be an upgrade in the pulse rifle slot at least. Still can't find a raid helmet though, which means I still can't get to level 30 ;_;

Bubba
10-01-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't like the idea of scout rifles because of aim assist, if they're going to have that in the game they need to make sure it isn't an option in pvp. I always did enjoy using my scout rifle in pve though.

I did not know this.

I love my hand cannon and am becoming a bit of a crack shot with it... even in the Crucible. I do notice that the majority of people use rifles though. I'm sticking to my cannon and sniper rifle though. Currently on level 21.

I normally get my arse handed to me in the Crucible regardless but I had a cracking game this morning. Shame I couldn't take top spot but still pretty proud of myself. Especially when I don't really play FPS games.

Pheesh
10-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Beat the hard mode raid tonight and got the last piece of raid gear I needed from the final boss! So once I'm done leveling it up I'll be level 30 and officially have no reason to continue playing xD

Probably time to start a new class then.

black orb
10-05-2014, 09:54 PM
>>> If this game would have been an RPG instead of a retarded FPS.. I would probably played it..:luca:

Iceglow
10-05-2014, 10:50 PM
So I've made it to level 20 with my Hunter. Story wise, Destiny does lack, Dinklebot sure as hell does annoy me when he answers in the royal we for me (conversation on Venus for example) I think Bungie should and could do with patching the game so that you at least have the option to go back and find out from people what the lore of the world is. Even if it can't fix the story telling in missions, it could at least provide the option of finding more out about the factions, races and universe through conversations with various members of the NPC ensemble in the Tower.

Bubba
10-17-2014, 08:26 PM

Ouch, that really sucks. I finally got it after deciding to do the strike on my own. It was significantly easier to do by myself and only took me an hour. Thorn is a good handcannon with very slow reload. As you said, hopefully the buffs will help it too. Now it's time to work on getting Bad Juju with the ridiculously small clip. :|

I've just got Thorn too. That level 26 Summoning Strike was ridiculously hard and no way was I gonna be good enough to do on my own. Nicolas is a legend though and (even with me holding him back!) we did in about one-and-a-half to two hours.

Shiny
10-18-2014, 04:55 AM
Sometimes I like to dance in the middle of people killing things. They stop and point and then I am killed.

Destiny is pretty meh and really glitchy but I like the new things in every mission so I will at least push through to level 20. This game seems like it should have been an fps tho. It would have been cool to combine all the good things in mass effect with the mass multiplayer co op that it is.

Iceglow
10-18-2014, 08:48 PM
So my hunter is now level 27 and has the option of either an exotic helm (Achlophage Symbiote) or exotic chest (Crest of Alpha Lupi). I have also obtained a legendary hand cannon (devil you know) and an legendary scout rifle (A.1F19X-Ryl) As such, I've decided to start an alternate character. So I've got an Exo Titan on the go. I must confess with all my heart that the Titan class speaks to my urge to go and smurf trout up.

Iceglow
10-28-2014, 09:23 PM
bit of a bump on this. The new patch has made Destiny all but unplayable. I've been weaseled, monkeyed, bee'd and babooned so much I gave up attempting to level my Exo Titan up to level 20.

Nicolas
10-28-2014, 10:41 PM
bit of a bump on this. The new patch has made Destiny all but unplayable. I've been weaseled, monkeyed, bee'd and babooned so much I gave up attempting to level my Exo Titan up to level 20.

Yeah. Apparently their current patch messed up something with the connections to the server, though PSN is having issues. They're collecting info on their forums about the disconnects, I believe. So hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Iceglow
10-28-2014, 11:42 PM
Other issue I've had today is that 2 of the 3 public events I did gave me sod all. I'm not impressed I fought damn hard for those gold ratings.

Bubba
11-04-2014, 05:32 AM
LEVEL 28 AND STAYING THERE , BITCHES!

Unless... anyone fancies a raid?

Nicolas
11-04-2014, 03:50 PM
LEVEL 28 AND STAYING THERE , BITCHES!

Unless... anyone fancies a raid?

I've got a level 28 Warlock that needs more raid gear. So we can totally do that. Anybody else have a PS4 and wants to raid, should be fun.

Iceglow
11-04-2014, 11:00 PM
I got to try the Vault of Glass for the first time last night (first chance we had to get a full team together and yes, we knew it was going to be reset today) Got to the Templar boss and was fighting that. Unfortunately could not get enough damage dealt to him to finish the battle (most of us had purple weapons and gear with the odd exotic thrown in). I personally ended up with the raid sniper rifle being earnt during the process which was awesome as the sniper rocks.

Tonight I managed to get a legendary engram drop, and an ascendant shard in a chest on the moon within 15 mins of each other (no events included, just doing patrol missions) and afterwards gained a second ascendent shard in the cosmodrone from a chest. Combined with my Cryptarch package I wound up with a second pair of legendary boots of a design I don't own already and the Future War Cult's "The Cure" Rocket Launcher. I'm pretty happy with that haul.

Nicolas
11-05-2014, 12:17 AM
I got to try the Vault of Glass for the first time last night (first chance we had to get a full team together and yes, we knew it was going to be reset today) Got to the Templar boss and was fighting that. Unfortunately could not get enough damage dealt to him to finish the battle (most of us had purple weapons and gear with the odd exotic thrown in). I personally ended up with the raid sniper rifle being earnt during the process which was awesome as the sniper rocks.

Tonight I managed to get a legendary engram drop, and an ascendant shard in a chest on the moon within 15 mins of each other (no events included, just doing patrol missions) and afterwards gained a second ascendent shard in the cosmodrone from a chest. Combined with my Cryptarch package I wound up with a second pair of legendary boots of a design I don't own already and the Future War Cult's "The Cure" Rocket Launcher. I'm pretty happy with that haul.

Yeah. Gear and level are incredibly important to beating the raid. You don't necessarily have to max your Legendary weapons, but just having them to the point before using Asc. Energies and a void weapon or two tends to make things go much smoother. Hopefully you get some more great stuff and not take too many tries to get raid gear. That seems to be a fun RNG issue people have with the raid.

Pheesh
11-05-2014, 05:53 AM
I haven't even started up the game in about 2 weeks now I think, but I'd be happy to help you get through the raid for the first time Bubba. Interested to try it out since they changed some of the mechanics as well.

Bubba
11-05-2014, 10:56 AM
I've attempted it twice with randomers online and got to the final boss both times. Just couldn't finish it off. Be great if we could give it a go. I'm usually available evening time in the UK during the week but could do it on a Saturday or Sunday at any time if that is better for everyone?

Pheesh
11-05-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm 8 hours ahead of you and 12 ahead of nico so as long as it's at some kind of reasonable hour I don't mind.

Nicolas
11-06-2014, 01:48 AM
just as long as i'm not working, i'm pretty much available... even if i'm playing another game.

Bubba
11-06-2014, 10:03 AM
I'm 8 hours ahead of you and 12 ahead of nico so as long as it's at some kind of reasonable hour I don't mind.

That's nice and awkward! Well I'm available all day on Sunday so could do any time that day.

If not I'm home from 8pm on Tue night and then off all day on Wed so can do any time then?

Iceglow
12-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Bit of a big bump here but as the new expansion to Destiny drops in just under a week and several of the patches for this have gone live I figured I'd come see what people are making of it here at EoFF.

Firstly can I say the Tumbler... oh god that thing is fun, I've spent so much time on Mars and the Moon tonight trying different styles of flipping. My favourite was on Mars when a War Sat event was taking place, I'd just entered the area half way through the event so was still going flat out on my Tumbler towards it hoping to make it on time. As I go up a massive dune right next to the event I decided to do a front flip in to combat, it looked beautiful dropping me right in the middle of things guns blazing.

Weapon tweaks: Balancement is good, I like how guns such as Bad Juju are now becoming viable options (Bad Juju being perhaps the worst of the exotic weapons). It also appears rare/blue weaponry has been capped at level 16 or 17. I've been playing today and yesterday and not seen a single gun higher than this on a rare tier. I also noted that my own blue Auto Rifle (I've been lazy, hence have not brought the legendary version) is now several levels lower than previously.

Not needing copious, frankly ridiculous amounts of ascendant materials to use on your exotics as well as your legendaries is also a nice addition. However, I still consider 7 strange coins to be perhaps a little low for an exotic shard. That means that you could simply do the Weekly Strike on hard and get one a week. It'd be nice to see Motes of Light having more currency usage too. Perhaps Exotics should have used motes of light as well as materials to level up. Though the slow rate of attainment here may have been the reason they chose not to go down this path.

As a side point here with regards to Armour upgrading, I still feel like there's too little being done to curb the outrageous amounts of items like Saphhire Wire being accrued. I'd definitely agree to doubling, even tripling the current required numbers of sapphire wire per upgrade. As it stands, even with very little activity this past month, my Hunter has something like 400 of Sapphire Wire in their inventory. The fact that you generally will have 1 maybe, 2 different sets of armour you use per character means that you have a massive overstock of the upgrading material for your class. Something needs doing here. Even if it's just the option to sell it for Glimmer (perhaps a more detailed trade system whereby a huge stockpile I.E. 500 - 1 exchange rate of getting a strange coin or ascendant material selected at random could be implemented) or trade it in for other materials such as Spin Metal, Helium, Relic Iron or Spirit Bloom and a minor boost to your reputation.

Inverting the exchange of materials which are commonly found, for reputation gains (and marks) is perhaps not such a great idea. I'm not a huge Crucible player, but knowing I could, if needed trade some of my now huge stash of materials in for those last few marks required to purchase a weapon or armour. I feel like that this is now not likely to be a huge source of use for many guardians. Though perhaps if you've got all the gear you need but are desperate for materials like Relic Iron which seems a little more rare than others, you may go for it.

So people, thoughts?

Pheesh
12-06-2014, 12:14 AM
Wow, I haven't picked up the game in like 2 weeks, but it sounds like there's some pretty big changes. Maybe sometime this weekend I'll jump on and see what's new.

Tigmafuzz
12-10-2014, 03:49 AM
Inverting the exchange of materials which are commonly found, for reputation gains (and marks) is perhaps not such a great idea. I'm not a huge Crucible player, but knowing I could, if needed trade some of my now huge stash of materials in for those last few marks required to purchase a weapon or armour. I feel like that this is now not likely to be a huge source of use for many guardians.

It's a terrible idea. If I get on an hour before weekly reset and realize I haven't hit my weekly mark cap yet, I could go turn in some of the ridiculous number of materials I have. But now I can't, and I have way too many materials, since I don't have the need to upgrade anything other than exotics at this point.

Though perhaps if you've got all the gear you need but are desperate for materials like Relic Iron which seems a little more rare than others, you may go for it.

Relic Iron is the second fastest to farm, doing the chest run in the Scablands on Mars. Relic Iron farming averages 50-80 in one hour depending on how quickly you make it from chest to chest and how lucky you get with chest spawns.

But anyway, I'm going to wait a while and see if there's a safe way to unlock the extra content on the disc before buying any expansions.

After everything they scrapped and dumbed down just to get that T rating, then locking content that's on the disc, and locking people out of the Weekly Heroic if they don't have the DLC? Activision can suck it.

Iceglow
12-11-2014, 06:22 AM
It's a terrible idea. If I get on an hour before weekly reset and realize I haven't hit my weekly mark cap yet, I could go turn in some of the ridiculous number of materials I have. But now I can't, and I have way too many materials, since I don't have the need to upgrade anything other than exotics at this point.

How is that a terrible idea. Whether you've spent the hour farming Relic Iron, Spin Metal, Spirit Bloom or whether you spent the hour doing fastest possible time runs through strikes on Vanguard Tiger, the resulting Vanguard mark gains was not significant for the cost. Each stack of material is capped at 200 (barring class material), that was on the original division of material in to 5 marks exchange 4 trades. Even if you do 2 or 3 exchanges, you're looking at roughly 2 hours of farming for every 10 marks. In the same time, you could go out and do more than 2 strikes and get more than 10 marks.

But anyway, I'm going to wait a while and see if there's a safe way to unlock the extra content on the disc before buying any expansions.

After everything they scrapped and dumbed down just to get that T rating, then locking content that's on the disc, and locking people out of the Weekly Heroic if they don't have the DLC? Activision can suck it.

I don't know how much you think Destiny had massive loads of data on the disc. Destiny had a lot of downloads since launch. I remember it took my 360 well over an hour on my net connection (which whilst I'm on the edge of the router's effective range it seems due to obstructions, my 360 still pulls in a reasonable down speed) to install the downloaded content day 1. That's without the patches since, some of which have taken over 30 - 45 mins to do. But by now we're well past what could have been stored on the disc. I mean sure probably you could write all of Destiny as is to a BR disc but since PS3, PS4 merely have 1 additional strike in the original release playlist and a handful of guns/armour variances not on 360/Xbox 1 it's hard to believe that either XB1 or PS4 contained all The Dark Below and it's content in the disc release.

You mean, during the launch of their new DLC, they made the Weekly Heroic the new DLC Strike? OMG! No way! What assholes!

Seriously? I mean seriously. Is that the big Activision and Bungie can suck it comment now? They made their brand new content the weekly Heroic? I'm not defending a lot of the decisions with Destiny, the game is definitely a different beast from the one that was hyped up. It certainly could never have lived up to the hype and Bungie and Activision have certainly handled the criticism poorly in some regards. Though you can see they made changes based on player feedback to a lot of the weapons and analyzed their game to bring more balance to it themselves. Not all the changes are welcome, after all the SUROS Regime master race in PvP weren't happy to see that their beloved domination of the crucible through virtue of a better gun was being nerfed. Though I can see and believe having read and watched a copious amount of open transparent articles released by Bungie that they're doing this in all for the benefit of all players.

That aside for another conversation perhaps and returning to the point of the Weekly Heroic being the Dark Below strike... Of course they did. Anyone expecting this week's weekly heroic to be anything but the DLC strikes is a self deluding fool. They're doing it for 2 reasons; Marketing - We have new content, do you have it yet? No? Oh what a shame, guess you can't do this like all your friends! And secondly because it's something new giving equal opportunity to the players who have brought their new content but don't have as much time to play the same opportunity as those with plenty of free time to do the DLC content and yet have the opportunity to play in a weekly Heroic or Nightfall. I'm not mad at all about the fact that they've done this (though I do have the DLC I suppose) but even in the position of someone who didn't purchase it I'd be fine. A little disappointed perhaps but I'd understand it's a marketing thing, when something is new, you scream about it until your lungs hurt. This is the games way of doing so.

That being said, The Dark Below's story is one which definitely feels more engaging than that of the main game. I'm not thrilled about the lack of story in beautifully depicted, well voiced cut scenes but the voice over's prior to the missions certainly contain more of what is in the Grimoire than the vanilla stories. Though I'm sorry but what I wanted from Destiny in this regard was each of the missions being opened and perhaps ended with something similar to the story snippet you obtain visiting the Queen of the Awoken in the Reef or the time you kill the Archon.

The new quest progression structure is better too though again, I'd have liked more quests and more development there than we got. Perhaps it's having worked on quest and story development for video games myself, I understand how hard this is to get right. With Destiny's mix of genre's it can't be easy either as you've got to accommodate for players varying skill and styles otherwise you risk developing a game which is so heavily scripted that it basically becomes Uncharted 3. A great game but every play through feels exactly the same. With that in mind, the changes made is a significant and welcome change but I still feel like we're taking baby steps here.

Missions generally still follow the progress and then hold point A or point B flow but I've also found especially in the Strike that it is much more "Attack point A, Take Point B and Survive at point C" this time around. There's a lot more enemies being spawned in too. Thralls now come at you in hordes of 10+ enemies. It feels dangerous even at high levels with a damn good shotgun in hand. The higher numbers have to do both with the player levels now and also because the Hive and Fallen are generally fighting their internecine wars in the areas you assault. With that in mind, the only way to ensure you're challenged is to put much more of them in there due to the weakening/killing of some by attrition.

So my review of the Dark Below is: This is more like it, but it's not quite there yet. Baby steps I guess.

Iceglow
12-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Sorry for the double post but completely unrelated to the previous one. The other night I finally got to beat the Vault Of Glass for the first time (Thanks to Drassenov and her friends teaming up with me and my best mate. I started off using my scout rifle but the rate of fire was too low (it has 300 AP), so I moved over to Bad Juju and well even on full auto firing I wasn't doing great. I still needed a higher rate of fire for oracles and such. In the end I wound up using the Galahad-E rare auto rifle in my inventory... level 16 199 attack power (maxed out). Ironically, I completed the entire vault using that gun with Plan-C and my Future War Cult Rocket Launcher as backups.

Even though I was doing absolutely F'all damage per bullet I was one of the better oracle hunters in the Atheron fight. It was brutally hard but funny. I'm now looking at getting myself a legendary auto-rifle ASAP I'm just miffed that the Shadow Price isn't available :(

DrAssenov
12-13-2014, 02:10 PM
We must do the raid again, Steve! That was really fun!

Aulayna
12-13-2014, 05:34 PM
I still haven't done Vault yet... mostly because I am so terribly geared. I didn't enjoy things once I hit lv20 and it just became an uninspired grindfest that was dull by even MMO standards.

Vault looks cool, but I doubt I'll ever do it.

DrAssenov
12-13-2014, 09:33 PM
I still haven't done Vault yet... mostly because I am so terribly geared. I didn't enjoy things once I hit lv20 and it just became an uninspired grindfest that was dull by even MMO standards.

Are you on Xbox or playstation? Sorry if you mentioned it earlier... @____@;

Bubba
12-13-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm on PS4 so if anyone wants to hook up (on Destiny not penetrative sex) then let me know.

PSN: Dannyeg5dby

Aulayna
12-13-2014, 11:23 PM

Are you on Xbox or playstation? Sorry if you mentioned it earlier... @____@;

I am PS4

Leigh
12-14-2014, 02:03 AM
If I'm not really into collecting stuff, is it worth me getting this game?

Iceglow
12-14-2014, 06:38 PM
For the benefit of Leigh and any other people who still haven't gotten in to Destiny:

Destiny is essentially a loot based FPS game. It's the FPS equivalent of Diablos 2 or 3. I mean that in the sense of you play through the somewhat disappointing/meagre (I'd love to say there was more to it than there is as what is hinted at through the game and explained somewhat but not fully enough in the grimoire is super cool and interesting. The fact is that none of the currently available material from Bungie does the game universe justice) story and then repeat the game on harder and harder difficulties until you get the best gear in the game.

There's six (7 or 8 if you're playstation I believe) strikes which are harder, longer missions than normal and these can be played either at the level they were designed for or on harder settings up until the highest settings in the game (light level 28) these are however just a 3 man warm up to the real fights. There's now 2 raids in the game, the Vault of Glass for levels 26 - 30 and Crota's End for level 28 - 32. In the vanilla game, you only get access to the Vault of Glass. These fights are 6 person team co-op battles which involve puzzle solving, team work and a lot of time and skill. Vault of Glass from start to finish can take in the region of 5 or 6 hours to do. It can be very hard to do these challenges if you don't have the equipment or the friends to do it with. (They can be completed with random people via group finding sites like Destiny LFG but these groups are generally not so good at staying together which is important when one of your mates keeps getting stuck on the same part and causing the team to wipe!) These raids reward the player with the best equipment in the game bar none.

Sadly there's no player trade system so you can't give a sweet piece of equipment you find for say a Titan (the tank of Destiny's 3 classes) which is useless to your Hunter (the stealth/range dealer type) to a friend. However, using the storage system you can share resources and equipment between your own alt characters (so like I have a Hunter and a Titan who pool resources but each has their own weapon loadouts)

If you're not in to games like Diablos 2 or 3, avoid Destiny because you'll dislike it immensely (even though it has some of the best multi player FPS gaming out there at the moment.

Also Vanessa, we will definitely be doing that raid again :D