PDA

View Full Version : The AFter Years

Pumpkin
09-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Should I play it? Be honest now

Vyk
09-07-2014, 06:12 PM
I forget the name of it, but the FFIV Complete Collection for the PSP has FFIV and The After Years as well as one other thing. I forget the name of it, or what it's about, but just thought you should know that there is more to the FFIV saga than just the two games. I haven't played either of them, or even any newer versions of IV, so I can't really answer the question. Just wanted to put that out there if you decide to play The After Years. Especially if you like it

Slothy
09-07-2014, 09:09 PM
It's not bad, but it's not great either. If you like FFIV it's worth trying just to see though.

Sephex
09-08-2014, 02:07 AM
If you look at it as a weird Japan fanboy thing if they dropped ice cream in a sewer but decided that it was still safe to eat, you could probably enjoy it as much as the next pectoral muscle.

Wolf Kanno
09-08-2014, 05:32 AM
I forget the name of it, but the FFIV Complete Collection for the PSP has FFIV and The After Years as well as one other thing. I forget the name of it, or what it's about, but just thought you should know that there is more to the FFIV saga than just the two games. I haven't played either of them, or even any newer versions of IV, so I can't really answer the question. Just wanted to put that out there if you decide to play The After Years. Especially if you like it

The Interlude which is a short game that connects FFIV and TAY.

I don't really know, it wasn't great but as direct sequels go under the SE banner, it wasn't a total train wreck. The big issue is that like Crisis Core and Revenant Wings, the plot feels recycled and it doesn't really add anything new to the story or characters as far as I am concerned. If you love FFIV though, give it a shot because its at least a nice diversion even if the last third of the game is the longest fucking dungeon in FF history...

Pumpkin
11-06-2014, 06:36 PM
I think I'll be the only person in history to prefer The After Years to the original FFIV

Edge7
11-07-2014, 12:51 AM
I only played a couple of chapters; what did you prefer?

Colonel Angus
11-07-2014, 01:53 AM
The Wonder Years theme song is stuck in my head.

I get by with a little help from my friends
I get by with a little help from my friends

NeoCracker
11-07-2014, 12:45 PM
I quite enjoyed it. And for the most part Wolf is right about it not adding anything to the characters, though I would argue Edward is kind of a bad ass in this, in a good way. It actually makes a lot of sense for his character to be this way after all he went through in FF IV.

Don't expect to be blown away, but it's worth the money. :p

Sephex
11-08-2014, 01:07 AM
If you look at it as a weird Japan fanboy thing if they dropped ice cream in a sewer but decided that it was still safe to eat, you could probably enjoy it as much as the next pectoral muscle.

Thanks, Dragon King.