PDA

View Full Version : Buy a Xbox One, Get a free game

Dat Matt
09-07-2014, 10:02 PM
So I came across this today - http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/xbox-september-promotion?ocid=EVERGREEN_Social_Twitter&cid=EVERGREEN_Social_Twitter

From the 7th to the 13th of September when you buy a Xbox One you get a free game out of Call of Duty Ghosts, Watch Dogs, Diablo, Titanfall, Plants V Zombies Garden Warfare and Madden 15. All the prices are in dollars, so I assume this is North America Only.

Good deal? What are your thoughts?

It seems like a more expensive version of the MK8 deal Nintendo ran with less choice. Wouldn't jump on this if I was interested in the XB1

Jinx
09-07-2014, 10:05 PM
An Xbox* :3:

I dunno, seems like they're really trying to push this pretty hard. Are they not expecting it to do well?

Shiny
09-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Pretty much all of the games they listed seem terrible. I was thinking, "OH ANY GAME THEY HAVE HOW KEWL", but no just those games? Nah, I'll pass. Back to Sony I go and time to re-learn my x' o's and triangles.

Oh, and almost forgot

Plants V Zombies Garden Warfare
What in the actual hell.

Dat Matt
09-07-2014, 10:09 PM
God damn I really need to hire an editor for my posts.

E'eryone editing - It's because Jinx made fun of me for my title

Shiny
09-07-2014, 10:13 PM
No it wasn't your spelling it was the fact that the game actually exists.

Ayen
09-07-2014, 10:26 PM

I had a similar reaction when I saw the cover for the game.

The only game out of the list I'd be interested in would be Diablo. And maybe Call of Duty Ghosts just so I can say, "Yeah, I played a CoD game." Free is free.

Slothy
09-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Do they even have any titles anyone would be interested in owning that aren't in that list?

The older and crankier I get the less I care about keeping up with AAA console releases.

Shauna
09-07-2014, 10:39 PM
That's what I said about it Vivi - that's all their worthwhile games. Such a sad collection.

Ayen
09-07-2014, 10:43 PM
And there isn't a single game on the list you need a Xbox One to play.

Dat Matt
09-07-2014, 10:49 PM
It's pretty much why I haven't jumped on the Gen 8 bandwagon yet, with the exception of the Wii U.

The games they are offering:

Call of Duty Ghosts - Available on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Wii U
Watch Dogs - Available on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Wii U
Diablo III - Available on Available on PC, PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360
Titanfall - Available for Xbox 360 and PC
Plants V Zombies Garden Warfare - Available on Available on PC, PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360
Madden 15 - Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4

Everything is availble on Xbox 360, and with the exception of Titanfall are all available on Ps3 and PS4. Why would I buy a Xbox One when I will probably buy a PS4 to cater more the JRPGs I enjoy (like the "Tales of" Series) and have access to all of these games on my PS4, or the PC I'm in progress of building?

Shiny
09-07-2014, 10:59 PM

I had a similar reaction when I saw the cover for the game.

The only game out of the list I'd be interested in would be Diablo. And maybe Call of Duty Ghosts just so I can say, "Yeah, I played a CoD game." Free is free.
Hm, yeah. Let's do a rundown.

Watch Dogs to me seemed like it was going to be good because hackers are cool I guess, but then you actually play a demo or see the game play and it's so so not.

Madden is just a brolick game for people who actually like football in real life play it because they can't play football professionally for whatever reasons.

Call of Duty Ghosts...Call of Duty was good at some point in time but then it became played out some probably after the fourth game and now it's literally just the same shit, but with zombies or ghosts?

Titanfall is a giant batch of nope. I would say this game is just a Halo wannabe on steroids, but I mostly just hate it because my boyfriend thinks it's good. Lessons learned: whatever he likes is bad including George Lopez, Cameron Diaz movies, Twilight, Euro Trip, several obscure KPOP artists with shreiky voices, and most likely me. So bad it hurts.

Plants V I can't even finish this name. This is stupid.

Diablo I have never played, but isn't Diablo 2 out already? Cheap bastards couldn't even let Diablo 2 be the free one? Mother fu--

Aulayna
09-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Not gonna lie. PvZ Garden Warfare is pretty damn fun.

Admittedly I wouldn't buy a new console for it, but the game itself is a riot with friends.

Ayen
09-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Diablo I have never played, but isn't Diablo 2 out already? Cheap bastards couldn't even let Diablo 2 be the free one? Mother fu--

There are three games out. This deal is just giving you the expansion pack of III, Reaper of Souls.

Nicolas
09-07-2014, 11:28 PM
If I recall, Destiny is also one of the games being offered in this deal.

Also, Titanfall is a well-built fun game. It was incredibly over-hyped, but it's a good game if you want a MP only experience.

Either way, this works with prepackaged bundles that already exist, like the Madden 15 one.

Dat Matt
09-07-2014, 11:49 PM
If I recall, Destiny is also one of the games being offered in this deal.

The blog post says "Any retail game $59.99 or less. So destiny would be included as it's released on the 9th for $59.96. The blog post says so at least, as Destiny is one of the ones they are advertising.

They've just not added that in their promotional ad, which neglects to say destiny will be free this week under this condition. Maybe to prevent hurting sales in week 1?

DMKA
09-08-2014, 12:37 AM
Considering every XB1 exclusive is timed so far, and it's got the lousier version of multiplats, I just don't see the point in owning one at this point. You'd be better off dropping $500 on PC hardware so you can just play the PC versions. Certainly none of the aforementioned titles are worth such an investment.

Although, I will say, as someone who owns both a PS4 and a Wii U, I wouldn't recommend jumping into gen 8 just yet, regardless of what console you're interested in. Nearly every worthwhile game that's come out on these consoles so far is available on last gen consoles/PC as well. This won't begin to change until next year, with a handful of exceptions.