PDA

View Full Version : Favourite FFXII Female?

Pumpkin
09-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Mine is Penelo :3:

Loony BoB
09-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Ashe for me. I liked Fran too. Penelo never really captured me in any way, she was kind of just "there". Her best part was the bit at the end when she does the narration. Beyond that, she was a non-entity for me throughout the storyline.

noxious.sunshine
09-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Fran all day long. She's a bit mysterious, very smart, and sexy as hell. I mean. Dat ass tho. And I -love- her voice/accent. It's slightly on an Icelandic/Bjork-ish side.

Penelo was annoying as shit, imo.

chionos
09-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Most definitely Fran. One of the greatest female characters in all of FF, setting aside her ridic attire, of course.

Wolf Kanno
09-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Lady Ashe of course.

Q3rzRLYH5VQ

Dat Matt
09-08-2014, 05:57 PM
If we're talking Characterisation, Ashe. Penelo was my favourite, because those few little scenes where she was actually developed slightly were adorable

I hate Fran. I know she's a mistical spirit of the woods, but I dunno. I just didn't like any veira characters in FFXII.

Vermachtnis
09-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Ashe, she was who I had control of most of the game.

Colonel Angus
09-09-2014, 12:17 AM
I went w/ Fran, but Penelo is a close 2nd. I always felt she was the Jiminy Cricket to Vaan's Pinnochio. In a way, I wish I voted for her, as I always have a role for her in my party. Everyone w/ Penelo hate can go :smash: sand.

However, I love Fran as a character. I think the fact that her decision to turn away from her home & people heavily weighs on her is often missed. I also totally agree w/ noxy's Fran analysis. However, I always thought she sounded Dutch.

chionos
09-09-2014, 05:47 AM
Nicole Fantl (Fran's voice actor) is Australian by birth to Austrian parents, but speaks five languages--none of them are Scandinavian. To me it sounds like an amalgamated French-Australian accent, if you can imagine, with just a hint of Swedish resonance. There's some Bjorkishness about it though, can't be denied.

And now I'm going to go listen to some Bjork.

Forsaken Lover
09-09-2014, 06:38 AM
Ashe is the greatest character in this entire game, regardless of sex or gender.

More people should give up some love for Kari Wahlgren.

arenzi
09-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Ashe. She should've been the main character if you ask me.

Depression Moon
09-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Ashe for me. I liked Fran too. Penelo never really captured me in any way, she was kind of just "there". Her best part was the bit at the end when she does the narration. Beyond that, she was a non-entity for me throughout the storyline.
Yep same way for me too. I love Fran's accent and character design.

Mahad
09-13-2014, 04:27 AM
Fran. Ashe is a close second. Balthier and Fran should have gotten more time, my favorite due in all the series.

LocoColt04
09-13-2014, 05:14 AM
Oh, absolutely Fran. No contest over here. Her demeanor is just so... commanding of respect. She's quiet, but powerful.

TrollHunter
09-15-2014, 07:07 AM
Considering that ashe is probably one of my favorite (if not my all time favorite) character in all of the FF games... I think my answer is clear.

Fran had an awesome personality, but I wish it was fleshed out a bit more... and of course she gets some points taken off for her design, though so does ashe.

Edge7
09-18-2014, 05:54 AM
FFXII is probably the only FF in which I like every female character:

Despite her relatively meager spot in the story, Penelo's a fun charcter to have around, plus she's not nearly as annoying as other "cheery girls" in the series (tbh, she never struck me as the cheery girl once playing through the game; she felt more like a younger Quistis than a Selphie). All the same, of the three she's my least favorite.

I love just about everything about Fran, her appearance (save for her duds) her manner of speak, her backstory, etc. However, she really isn't fleshed out enough for me to give her my vote. Ashe is a really fleshed out character who stands out wonderfully on her own; people aren't lying when they say she should be the main character (I still think Basch would've made an interesting one, but I digress).

So, yeah, for the sake of the poll, I went with Ashe.

BUT CAN WE TALK ABOUT JUDGE DRACE THOUGH?!

https://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9lv9rxlig1rvl145o1_500.png

Ayen
09-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Ashe.