PDA

View Full Version : What's the last dream you remember having?

Spooniest
09-10-2014, 07:05 AM
Or, the dream analysis thread...ask questions, provide interpretations, but keep it POLITE, and keep it SAFE FOR WORK, or else bad things will happen

Go!

Dante WolfWood
09-10-2014, 02:51 PM
I had a dream a few nights ago that I visited my ex's mother's house in the middle of the night to drop something off for her husband, who use to be my best friend when we were younger in real life. The mother in law stopped me, how to catch a predator style, and started questioning me why I was there. I tried to explain that he bought an old car from me and I was dropping off the spare key while no one was home. Her daughter is still awkward around me and I didn't want to start causing trouble. She told me that I hurt her daughter so much and that I took advantage of her. As I was explaining to her that wasn't what happened and she left me, all of our mutual acquaintances showed up at the house like it was a party. So I used the confusion to leave and before I got to my car, her husband came out to talk to me. Except it wasn't him. It was my brother. In my dream, it was my brother who was married to her. I got this terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and as he got closer I woke up.

The dream felt so real. I use to never remember any of my dreams but ever since I moved to this apartment I have one vivid dream a night. I have never dreamed about my ex or anything like that before. Freaked me out really.

I know that's a boring one to start out with but I found it interesting.

Depression Moon
09-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Well the last one I just had isn't appropriate for work, so I'll be back here later.

Vasher
09-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Insomnia has a wicked tight grip on me lately, so I've been having a swig of the Unisom liquid each night. Knocks me out after about 30 minutes, gives me some crazy lucid dreams.

This one isn't crazy, but it was so real that I couldn't tell that I was in a dream;

My father came over for breakfast (as he's been doing lately because my mom has been busy with the new horses). I went to get something from the master bedroom, but when I opened the door I found the room empty and in the middle of a "remodel". The flooring was ripped out down to the subfloor, paint stripped from the walls, etc. My wife has been bugging me lately about redoing our room, so I instantly thought that she'd gone and hired someone behind my back. She's done it done before (because I like doing all the work myself, but I was taking too long trying to complete the master bath on weekends/free time), so for a second I was convinced. Then I turned and took a good look around, laughed to myself, and started yelling "wake up" until I did.

I would rather not talk about the strange dreams I've been having lately (too eerie).

Chris
09-17-2014, 08:43 AM
My dreams would get me banned from the internet, so no.

Bubba
09-18-2014, 04:09 PM
I dreamt I was responding to a thread on EOFF about the last dream that I had.

Wait, what? Am I dreaming this? Who am I? What year is it?!! WHO'S THE PRESIDENT?!!!!

Sephiroth
09-18-2014, 04:13 PM
I had a dream about Silent Hill today. And it was creepy. And it was mixed with a lie I told Barney Stinson. It seems I played the role of Ted Mosby or something like that.

MissH
09-18-2014, 07:20 PM
I have the craziest dreams every single night. Actually they're not dreams, they're nightmares. The most horrible,vivid nightmares in the world. I have them every single night. Bubba thinks I'm a total looney toon because my dreams are so messed up!

Ayen
09-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Last night I had a dream that Villain from Expendables 2 had a twin brother who went after Barney's team to get revenge for them killing his brother. My brain must have remembered one of the plot ideas Stallone suggested so Van Damme could be in the sequel.

Villain 2 managed to track down their base and burn it to the ground. It was awesome.

~*~Celes~*~
09-21-2014, 04:58 AM
The first dream I want to mention is unique because as I was dreaming, a song was playing in my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NChYgygCiLw

In this dream I'm in an underground labyrinth of sorts. It's dimly lit, damp, and something about the place just has an eerie vibe, like you don't know what's around the corner. I'm looking for someone or something, so I press on. I round a corner, and there's a Doctor Who Cyberman. I scuttle backwards and run. This dream is in FPS style view for whatever reason.

The next dream I want to mention is a reoccurring survival theme dream that I have often.

I'm in my old house with someone. This time it was me, my mom, my sons, and I believe someone else was there but I don't remember who.
The tornado sirens go off, despite the fact that it's a beautiful, sunny day outside. We go to the basement to take shelter. This time we are in the family room and don't have anything to hide under so we get in a corner and just kind of brace ourselves. My hear is racing and I am scared beyond belief but the people that I'm with still manage to keep it light for my sake so that I'm not so freaked out.

Every time I have this dream it's the same basic outline but the people that are with me and the place that we choose to hide in are different. The last two times my mom has been with me. I believe the reason I have these dreams is because my brain is trying to run me through survival drills while trying to relieve my anxiety about the situation. The fact that my own mind is trying to soothe me makes me feel a little better, because usually my mind is against me and makes me ponder through terrible outcomes, like what would happen if I didn't get to my sons in time to take them to safety :( Anxiety is a terrible thing.

Maybe I can have a vivid lucid dream soon to talk about :D

Night Fury
09-21-2014, 10:22 AM
I had a sleep paralysis last night again!

It was a really windy morning and it's been a bit stormy all night/day too, and I must have heard the wind in my dream and I 'woke up' and looked to the window and saw the blinds blowing inwards and a demon wall coming in. It was terrifying and I couldn't look away or move I just had to wait for it to pass.

Bubba
09-21-2014, 10:32 AM
It was a really windy morning

Reading this then looking at your signature, Locky... made me chuckle :p

Shiny
09-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Sometimes I think I have psychic dreams and then I realize they are probably not psychic just my subconscious being more knowing than I am. The last dreams I remember having very recently was of my mom and one her ex boyfriends. It was really strange that I was having this dream as it was about something that occurred a long time ago. I thought nothing of it.

Flash forward to a few days later and I am now having a very disturbing dream about my father being very depressed and reckless. Whenever I have dreams about people doing things that scare me it always leads to some really bad news in some way pertaining to what the dream was. This is why I feel I have "psychic" dreams sometimes and the dreams make total sense now. Now if only my subconscious and intuition can tell me how to win the lottery.

One of the scariest dreams I had was something happening to one of my animals. I was devastated in the dream because my dad was telling me something happened to one of the animals, though not which one and what happened; they're never that specific or I'd be really worried that I really am psychic. The next day my bird was stolen.

Quindiana Jones
09-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Perfect timing. Just had a stonker.

I'm from Somerset, and there are some nice hills called The Quantocks. I was up one of these hills with one of my sisters. Our family was renting a cottage somewhere at the bottom of one; country lane and vines and shit. I found a baby elephant, and upon finding it decided that the absolute best course of action was to raise it and train it to become a circus performer, and thus have our own family travelling circus. My sister agreed.

So, we decided that we would need to build a container for the elephant so we could move it, and a couple extra carriages to contain the future attractions we would most certainly have. This being a dream, once the idea to create a travelling landtrain appeared, so they appeared. "We need a landtrain." LANDTRAIN COMPLETED. We had three basic carts, with a fourth, larger one at the back, and this train was being pulled by.... me, on my bike. My push bike.

No problems there. Away we went. As we were riding down the hills on this beautiful day, there were many families out for picnics and suchlike, as families are wont to do. Rather unusually for Somerset, however, were all the fucking wild animals stalking and hunting and fighting each other, but not the people, pleasantly noshing on cheese as if they weren't even aware of all the hyenas and leopards and cheetahs and that MASSIVE FUCKING BEAR. Exactly one grizzly bear, and it was uncommonly large. It was scaring off some hyenas as I cycled by.

My sister was curious about that. "How could there be so many of these types of animals?" she wondered in her head which I, being in a dream, obviously heard. I explained that it was like in the Dresden Files, how Dresden says that animals escape from zoos and peoples' homes all the time, and are never seen again. She remembered this and no longer wondered. (Note that what I said is not from the Dresden Files, but is actually from the Life of Pi. :roll2)

As we neared a country lane, a leopard had caught sight of the elephant in its carriage and was in pursuit. I pedalled faster to escape it, but it was still able to run alongside. I tried shooting it, but I didn't have any kind of ranged weapon. It's not that I had a ranged weapon that suddenly disappeared, but rather that at no point in this dream did I have any kind of ranged weapon. I don't know why I even tried. I became more worried, but after a far too bloody long time pedalling, my sister shot the leopard dead. She had a gun, or perhaps found one in the carriages that we made from scratch out of cardboard and wood. :confused:

We arrived at our cottage. My granddad, who was the leader of the family I suppose, listened to my proposition and wholeheartedly agreed. We decided to stay in the cottage and enact our plan.

The dream skipped forward a few years. The elephant was getting sick and depressed because of it's crappy accommodation, so we decided that we would need freight train carriages to give it ample room to live and be healthy. We also figured we may as well get a few if we're getting one. Planning ahead, see? And again, because we wanted it, they appeared instantly. We want freight carriages, now we have freight carriages. Happy elephant.

The dream skipped forward again. The elephant decided to go for a walk. My family were uneasy because it might get hurt or stolen, so I went with it. No more than 100 metres away from the cottage, people see the elephant and are fascinated. They crowd around it and start touching it, which it doesn't like at all. I politely ask them to stop because they're scaring the elephant, and they acquiesce. Then they pretty much immediately started doing it again. I asked them three more times with similar results before getting angry, and roared "STOP." Exactly the same way as Caesar roars "GO." to the humans in the Rise of the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes film.

Then I woke up. This was two nights ago. :)

Depression Moon
09-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Let's se if I can remember it all. Not sure if this first part was a part of the same dream, but I remember there being a hotel and I had a room there that I leave some stuff of mine on occasion despite me already having a place to stay. I've been to this hotel before in another dream I had way back in middle school. My spare room was on the fourth floor. I normally took the elevator, but my card to get myself in the elevator no longer worked in parallel to something similar in my life right now, so I had to take the stairs. The stairs would only take me to the third floor, where there was an arena like hexagon platform at the center. The stairs to the fourth floor were dangling from above at each corner sort like fire escape ladders, but they were too high to reach.

Second part of dream: This one is somewhat hazy, and very incoherent, but I'll do my best. I dreamt that I was in the Avatar world and there were three avatars in the world and not just one. You had the regular, dark, and a third that derived from the energies of creatures that feeded on the dead. They had a name, but it escapes my memory. I was Korra , supposed to meet up with the other avatar who was aang. Someone had stopped my progress and I told this dangerous person that I was an avatar and trying to see Aang's Team Avatar. He didn't believe me. I somehow ended up in a cave with Aang and then Zaheer came about with his shaved head and we ended up fighting.

3rd dream: I ended up at some kind of place and i think i was there because my school brought me. It was winter, but there was little or no snow. There were trees everywhere and it all had a dark atmosphere vibe to it. I ventured through these ominous looking woods and came to a hollowed out tree tunnel. I went through it wound up at some cabin where two friends I knew a while ago showed up. I had some affection towards one, but I didn't express it. They said something... and then i had to run off back into the woods to find them. After I went back through the woods I found myself stuck. There seemed to be something blocking the other end of the hollowed tree tunnel. It looked some scar dude was standing on the other side so I didn't bother. I crawled back out and climbed on top and over the hollowed tree to find I was right. Some terrible humanoid monster was there, but he didn't attack me. I went past him and that was the end.

Final dream: This I can remember in a bit more detail, but the longer I type the more I forget in this time. I was in a city that looked basic and childlike in color. I was walking down a street until two dudes called me over. One was an average height white man and the other was a very tall overweight black man that I've seen around school. The white man and I exchanged words and then he held a gun to my chin. I grabbed his gun, flipped it back to the man's chest and he shot himself and died. The tall man started chasing after me. I dived between several alleys until I ended up in a clinic-like building. This part reminded me of fighting The Fury in Metal Gear Solid 3 as I trying to take the man out on a hit and run never seen approach. I had successfully stabbed him in the arm in one room and immediately left. I came into a room where there was a a patient bed, but no one in it. I left that room passing two more dark rooms. Another room had a see through curtain and when I pulled it back it was Sandra Bullock on the operating table. It frightened me and I knew that it was important that she would live and I have to be careful not put her in any harm while I'm trying to defend myself from this man. I left that room and ended up in some room that had a small structure that I could climb on top of it that put me near the ceiling when I crouched or lied flat.

I awaited my pursuer there and then jumped on top of him and stabbed him. I ran out the room into a lobby where some women in scrubs were chatting. I went into some bright colorful room, but found it was a dead end, so I went back around to the same room loop I was in before. Things were getting dangerous. I had almost got hit this time and I had to take him out quick as Ms. Bullock was getting worse. At the same room again with the small building-like structures, I had jumped off of one stabbed my victim in the dark. When the lights came on I saw that I stabbed through a gorgon. I had tore into its head and through most of its eye. It was rather disgusting and then I woke up.

Pumpkin
09-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Last night I had a dream that I got a chocobo tattoo near my... upper thigh. Yes, upper thigh

Ayen
09-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Last dream I had featured cameos from Xena, Gabrielle, and the cast of Sailor Moon. Then it became about Roseanne. I got to hang out with the Connor family. Run around with Roseanne, get made fun of by Darlene, hang out with Jackie. It was great.

Depression Moon
09-24-2014, 02:53 AM
Sometimes I think I have psychic dreams and then I realize they are probably not psychic just my subconscious being more knowing than I am. The last dreams I remember having very recently was of my mom and one her ex boyfriends. It was really strange that I was having this dream as it was about something that occurred a long time ago. I thought nothing of it.

Flash forward to a few days later and I am now having a very disturbing dream about my father being very depressed and reckless. Whenever I have dreams about people doing things that scare me it always leads to some really bad news in some way pertaining to what the dream was. This is why I feel I have "psychic" dreams sometimes and the dreams make total sense now. Now if only my subconscious and intuition can tell me how to win the lottery.

One of the scariest dreams I had was something happening to one of my animals. I was devastated in the dream because my dad was telling me something happened to one of the animals, though not which one and what happened; they're never that specific or I'd be really worried that I really am psychic. The next day my bird was stolen.

I have psychic dreams as well, that I think I inherited from my mother. But psychic dreams in real life are not like they are in fiction. They're usefulness is basically down to zero. The first one I had was a scene from Dragon Quest VIII years before it came out and before I even heard about it. It was in the ice cave where some icicles drop down from the ceiling as you pass it. As soon as I came to that part when I finally played the game years later I recalled the dream I had of it. The second one was from a scene in God of War the same situation as before. The third one I had was that I dreamed that someone asked me to fix their tv set for them and I fixed. Later that day that event happened.

My mother's seems a bit more interesting, but she still couldn't use them to do anything. Her visions inform her that there will be either a death or birth in the family. The deaths never state when it was going to happen or how, but it comes within the week she has the dream. With the births, the person is pregnant when she has the dream.

I too wish I could dream lottery numbers, but trying to do it ends up with nothing. A brotha could use a car right now and it looks like I won't be able to afford one anytime soon.

blackmage_nuke
09-24-2014, 04:34 AM
I dreamed I had lung cancer and was super depressed, when I realised I was dreaming (still in dream), and wasnt actually dying, I vowed to live every day to the fullest, and thats when I woke up. Now Im eating pizza in my underwear.

Leesin
10-22-2014, 03:51 AM
A man with warm eyes standing far from me and look at me,I have never seen him before, his yes obsess me so much

Scotty_ffgamer
10-22-2014, 04:30 AM
A couple of nights ago, I had a dream that a friend and I got to visit the set of some show. I don't remember what it was called, but it was something that only existed in the dream. I'm iffy on some of the details, but from what I understand the creator of the show actually played a main character (the dad in this family). Anyways, while in the house that part of the show gets filmed in, I found this book that looked like it had fallen out from the desk or something in this office. At this point, we were just allowed to wander the house so we didn't have a tour guide or anyone supervising us. Anywho, when I picked up the book, I found it was the dad character's journal.

So, in this dream show, the father is actually a serial killer or at least is involved with some shady stuff that has led to murder on occasion. Again, details are fuzzy. His family doesn't know about any of this, but the episodes apparently usually end with him locking himself away in his office to write of these terrible things he's done into this journal, and then he'd put it in a secret drawer in the desk and go do normal stuff with his unaware family. We never see any of the actual contents in the journal in the show, this is just assumed what's in there. It's actually a big point that the creator of the show mentions in the episodes that this journal actually exists and is actually full of writing, which was something they did to develop this character. It's this secret thing they'd always tantalize us with but never actually show what's in it.

Well, when my friend and I opened this journal, we found out that this was true. The journal had all these detailed things about the murders and sickening stuff that was done, and it also had a bunch of other peripheral things the character thought about. Our first thought was that we were going to steal this coveted item from the show and copy all the contents. Then we'd sell it. But then the dream took an even darker turn just before I woke up. We eventually noticed that this journal actually had the show's creator's name all over it, not the character. The locations were all real places. This journal was actually detailing murders being committed by the show creator in real life. The last thing I remember is seeing my name written on the last page of the book, and I looked up to see a camera in the corner of the room staring back down at me. I knew I was about to die.

Fun stuff.

Spooniest
10-22-2014, 11:17 AM
A couple of nights ago I freaked Spooniest the hell out

You may be suffering from sleep apnea.