PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

noxious.sunshine
09-11-2014, 02:08 AM
Do you have tattoos?

Post pics!

And talk about them, of course.

What's the meaning behind your ink?

And if you don't have anything- do you want one?

I have a shittastic P on my ankle. Jay did it, but he was drunk when he did the original and accidentally used old ink. He's had to go over it twice and it's still bad, so his buddy is gonna fix it for me at some point.

In the future, I really want Tonberry King. He's bad ass and carries around that butcher knife. And I think that it fits me. I wanted Bahamut on my back, but Jay hijacked that idea and had it done on himself.

I also want a pair of ruby slippers tattooed somewhere- I figure "There's no place like home" would be an implied meaning.

And the Deathly Hallows symbol from Harry Potter. There's probably a million things more that I want tattooed that would hold a lot of meaning for me, but for now- one thing at a time.

Shorty
09-11-2014, 03:10 AM
I'm getting "There's no place like home", too! The text inside an outline of Utah state with some floral pattern in there or something, too. And the deathly hallows! High five, noxy!

My want list is too long, but I'll name a few. My right arm is saved for a two-headed fox balancing on the Le Voyage dans la Lune moon, and somewhere on the same arm I want two film rolls with a "35mm blues" banner. Bunches more!

I just want to focus on completing my marine sleeve for the time being. It will probably be a long time away until I finish it. I've thought about filling in the background with flowers instead of water but I'm not certain.

Pumpkin
09-11-2014, 03:13 AM
cherry boob

Night Fury
09-11-2014, 03:43 AM
I have 4. My fish on my forearm, my feathers behind the ear, the elephant and lotus on my thigh, and my little dragon.

They don't really have any meanings, honestly. My elephant was something I'd planned for ages and the tattoo artist drew up something I hadn't imagined and I just fell in love with it. My feathers were an impulse decision when I saw my tattoo artist had a free slot on Facebook. It's Phil's favourite of mine! The Fish was a Christmas present to myself I guess.

I want the dragon re-done into something else. It's not that I don't like it, it was just the first one I ever got and it doesn't really match the style of the rest of my tattoos. I'm thinking of either getting it re-done like as a new dragon.... or a snow leopard! ha!

Do I regret them? Nah. My stepdad told me how I've made a stupid decision but.... it's my body, it's just skin, they're well done... it doesn't change me as a person and I love them. I just love the feeling of getting tattooed!

I would like a seahorse to match my fish on my other arm, and then I'd like something on my ankle. I'm thinking of something Star Wars-ish, or if I go off that idea then a wolf for my Dad. He has a wolf howling at the moon tattoo and I'd love to tribute him with a tattoo somehow.

fire_of_avalon
09-11-2014, 05:33 AM
I really love tattoos. I think that when people take the time and money to have an artist craft something on their body they truly become living art. I like to learn about people's tattoos and look at portfolios and go to conventions.

And I have zero tattoos. Because of reasons.

chionos
09-11-2014, 06:59 AM
I have a moon with clouds going through it on my left arm. There's a little tribal mixed in, which I hate. However, I've been planning sleeves for both arms that attach across my shoulders/back devoted to my kids, with symbols and phrases that make me think of them. I've been designing it for years but I can't quite get it right. I'll get it worked out in the next year or so and get started on it. I've incorporated the moon/clouds on my left arm, and hopefully a way to blend in the tribal. Getting all of that fixed will be where I begin.

Miss Mae
09-11-2014, 09:13 AM
I had this tattooed on my foot just after my 18th birthday. The word has special significance for me for a few different reasons, regarding writing, my mentors, and as a reminder to appreciate the moment.

On my back I have this, which I designed myself and which refers to the balance between good and bad that exists within all of us. I've always wanted wings, but I also wanted something unique, so this is what I ended up with.

Around Christmas, I intend on getting something similar to this tattooed on my inner right ankle, but with some warmer colours and less harsh angles around the nose. I haven't quite finished the designing yet.

Edit: I spent this morning fiddling with colours and design, and came up with this. Still not perfect, but a little closer to what I'm aiming for.

Pheesh
09-11-2014, 09:22 AM
I know the exact two tattoos that I want to get. One of them is just a matter of getting the money together, the other one is going to be a pain in the ass. The dude is in Europe so I have to book it in advance for when I'm headed there next (luckily with Tara being English and having family over there it's not totally impossible), also he's booked out most of the time and when I tried to message him to get a booking once his secretary basically told me in broken English to wait till the next calandar year and they'd contact me, then when they didn't and I emailed again they said they were booked out! D:<

Psychotic
09-11-2014, 09:30 AM
I have a tattoo of a fridge freezer and a celtic cross on my left bicep, a stoned turkey toking with the words "420 smoak weed every day" in comic sans underneath (the W is a ganja leaf though) on my right bicep, tribal art surrounding a 9mm handgun around my right forearm, and "Near far wherever you are... my heart will always go on" (which is a lyric from obscure folk band "Rise Against" you've probably never heard of them) on my left forearm.

AssassinDX
09-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Ha, smooth.

I actually do have a Celtic cross on my right bicep, the traditional 'first tattoo with limited funds' effort. If and when I get another (more on that in a second) it'll be covered over, so it's all good.

On my other arm I have a dagger which I'm very fond of. It has no significant meaning other than the fact that I liked the design.

As for my next one, I want either a half or full sleeve but I don't think I have the balls to go through with that, at least with a local tattoo artist as most of them seemingly have the artistic attributes of a five year old and ink little other than coloured stars and butterflies.

Something like this (http://nixuboy.deviantart.com/art/One-Piece-sleeve-287294577) (minus the fan service, I work with the public) is what I'd love.

noxious.sunshine
09-11-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm getting "There's no place like home", too! The text inside an outline of Utah state with some floral pattern in there or something, too. And the deathly hallows! High five, noxy!

Omg. Tattoo twinsies! olol

My dad is so beyond anti-tattoo. It's hilarious. My sister got a tiny panda bear on her ankle (it's her sorority's mascot).. My dad finally saw it and was like "What the actual fuck is that on your ankle?"

.... My sister goes "The same thing your dad has on his arm." I nearly died. He finally saw my P, but he didn't say anything- just asked what it was. I know he was disappointed, though.

I think I want Tonberry King on my side after I get down to my goal weight. IDK though.. That's such an iffy spot.

Nate
09-11-2014, 04:07 PM
No ink on my canvas. I think you all are brave. There's just nothing not on my skin currently I would ever want permanently etched.

I don't mind it on other people and I'm not scared of needles. I just don't want any.

Crop
09-12-2014, 07:29 PM
I have none and don't want any.

The only tattoo I'd ever get is "no sleep" on my arse, and my friend will get "till Brooklyn".

We agreed to do this when we were drunk listening to The Beastie Boys, and we're going to get it done when we're both very drunk, but we haven't got to that stage yet.

Pheesh
09-13-2014, 01:43 AM
All night Tattoo parlours will tattoo anyone, anytime. I know a bunch of friends who can attest to this. I also doubt they're looking for the Michelangelo of tattooing for their 90's ass quotes xD

Calliope
09-13-2014, 03:20 AM
I have none and don't want any.

The only tattoo I'd ever get is "no sleep" on my arse, and my friend will get "till Brooklyn".

We agreed to do this when we were drunk listening to The Beastie Boys, and we're going to get it done when we're both very drunk, but we haven't got to that stage yet.

Hate to break it to you...

I dunno how things work in the UK, but unless you're going to a reeeeeeally shady tattoo parlor, they won't agree to tattoo you if you're not sober. :p

This is why stick-and-poke tattoos exist. I'd really like to give someone one, some day.

LocoColt04
09-13-2014, 03:38 AM
It's hard to believe I got this done on 31 March 2011. Soooo many people thought it was some elaborate April Fool's joke with really good-looking stick-on tattoos. People STILL ask me where I get the "stick ons" because the ink quality was so high and I babied the trout out of it for the first six months to ensure it wouldn't fade.

This is only a couple of months ago. Still looks as good as it did when I got it, methinks.

What's the meaning? I've had an NES controller in my hand since I was two, and Super Mario Bros was the first game I beat without the assistance of my father. It's literally been a driving factor in my life for 92% of my existence.