PDA

View Full Version : Coming up in A Realm Reborn... Chocobo Racing and Triple Triad!

Night Fury
09-12-2014, 08:41 AM

In the latest Letter from the Producer, Naoki Yoshida has hinted at a rather fun upcoming expansion pack for Final Fantasy XIV. Yoshida made no hints that anything would be revealed at next weeks Tokyo Game Show, but did say that more details might be spilled during the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival.

What he has said is that Final Fantasy VII's theme park, The Golden Saucer will be coming to Eorzea. Yoshida is hoping to implement Chocobo racing and other mini games. As well as this, he has also revealed that Triple Triad will be another addition, however it won't be strictly limited to The Golden Saucer.

There is no time set for Golden Saucer or Triple Triad as of yet, but many are speculating it will be after Patch 2.4 which is bringing in the Rogue class and Ninja job! As for other new roles to come.... Yoshida has said this;

“For the 2.0 series, only the rogue and ninja in patch 2.4 will be added. Please wait for information to be released in the future regarding other roles. I’m thinking it will be around October 17”

So this is looking like some pretty exciting stuff to keep Final Fantasy XIV going. I for one am very excited to hear about Triple Triad being added, as quite frankly, I'm an addict. As for new classes and jobs.... who knows?! Maybe Red Mage to be added to DoM? All I can say is that I'm really chuffed that some new classes might be on the cards!

[source (http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/09/12/final-fantasy-14-director-talks-expansion-chocobo-racing-and-more)]

Psychotic
09-12-2014, 01:07 PM
you WHAT?!

FFXIV... Square-Enix... you... you just might've made a believer out of me.

Shauna
09-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Awesome. Maybe The Shaunas will drop into FF14 at some point...

Loony BoB
09-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Triple Triad will be awesome. Chocobo Racing will hopefully also be awesome. Really looking forward to see how all this is executed. Personally I prefer the idea of open world Chocobo Racing, where people have to line up in a start point and get to another point of random selection on the remaining maps, forced to use their chocobo throughout. We already can do "unofficial" chocobo races this way but a version of this driven by game mechanics would be awesome.

Still, will happily settle for a chocobo race course at Golden Saucer provided it's a fair system and the rewards are worth the time spent. Will be great fun with us in Fat Chocobos racing each other even if there is no reward. :D

Night Fury
09-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Triple Triad will be amazing on this, in fact I was just thinking the other day about how I'd love a card game in FFXIV. Will be amazing if you can turn in cards for items!

I was in Mor Dhona not too long ago and some idjit was shouting about having a chocobo race if you paid him 50k in gil to enter. Lmao.

Loony BoB
09-12-2014, 03:11 PM
I hope that regular mobs drop cards on rare occasions. :excited: It would be really awesome to have another reason to spend time farming open world (and dungeon) mobs. Obviously high level cards should be very rare, and some cards (NPC cards?) should be only obtainable by challenging certain NPCs (and even then still be rare)... but still. :D

Psychotic
09-12-2014, 03:14 PM
Awesome. Maybe The Shaunas will drop into FF14 at some point...Let's make a newbie pack.

Shauna
09-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Awesome. Maybe The Shaunas will drop into FF14 at some point...Let's make a newbie pack.

The New Fat Chocobos

Psychotic
09-12-2014, 04:06 PM
The Slim Moogles.

Karifean
09-12-2014, 04:11 PM
WAIT WHAT?

This sounds amazing. I might have to get into FF XIV after all.

Elpizo
09-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Don't get too excited. Chocobo raising and Hunts looked awesome in the patch trailer, and look how those turned out. :p

Ouch!
09-12-2014, 09:49 PM
As for new classes and jobs.... who knows?! Maybe Red Mage to be added to DoM? All I can say is that I'm really chuffed that some new classes might be on the cards!

While I would absolutely love for red mage to be added, I'm tempering expectations for now. They're likely to announce new classes (or more likely jobs) for the expansion, and Yoshi-P has already confirmed that they will not be adding a new role at that time. Any new classes and jobs will consequently fit into the holy trinity. A support or hybrid role may be added later, but not until some time after the expansion. Red mage wouldn't quite fit as any of the current roles, so I'm doubting we'll see if until they add a new role and re-balance content around it.

Rostum
09-13-2014, 06:33 AM
I hope they do a better job of implementing Chocobo Racing than they did in Final Fantasy XI.

Aulayna
09-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Don't get too excited. Chocobo raising and Hunts looked awesome in the patch trailer, and look how those turned out. :p

On the flipside Frontlines looked awesome in the trailer and actually was awesome too.

Jessweeee♪
09-15-2014, 01:37 AM
Triple Triad!!! I'll finally stop being sad that we don't have it on EoFF anymore.

Skyblade
09-15-2014, 05:08 AM
I'm still nervous. Chocobo Racing has been hit or miss in the series (though yay for Gold Saucer incarnation). As for Triple Triad, I get the feeling Square is going to lock on the Random rule or something.