PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Zestiria

NeoCracker
09-14-2014, 07:18 PM
http://nichegamer.net/2014/09/get-hyped-sample-a-tales-of-zestiria-japanese-commercial/

This is suppose to be released in a similar timeframe in English, and I figured I may as well try a tales game again. Normally I can't get into them, Tales of Destiny being the exception, though I never understood why. Gameplay is good, and while the story and characters can be pretty clique, they do use those cliques well enough.

Just never could grab my attention.

Mirage
09-14-2014, 08:30 PM
PS3 huh. I wouldn't mind a 3/4 dual release but whatevs

Vyk
09-14-2014, 09:10 PM
I think it's been in the works for too long for a PS4 consideration. But most likely the next game will be. As for this, news of it surfaced around the time I started enjoying Xillia. Which at the time was the only Tales game I'd enjoyed since Destiny. So I can kinda understand. I tried Symphonia, and I tried Vesperia. Though now, playing with my girlfriend, I look forward to playing both those games. I think it was just the slow single-player experience that turned me off. Then again, having played through both Xillia games, I know for certain I would have enjoyed both of those games in a single player atmosphere. The characters, while tropey and cliche (I believe this is what you meant when you say clique), were still well written and had a lot of development and progression, and were rarely written in an annoying fashion regardless. I didn't hate anyone. The story was a little out there, but didn't turn me off. On the contrary it seemed enough non-cliche to actually interest me, and still managed to throw a few surprises at me. More so in the first game. And god bless the action in the battles. Fast, frantic, ridiculous, fun.

Either way, I don't really have to worry about being turned off by a slow single player Tales game anymore. My girlfriend and I are slowing going backwards through the series playing together the ones we haven't beaten, or rebeating them in some cases. And Zestiria will definitely get added to this list. Any long-standing worthwhile co-op game is more than welcome in my library

NeoCracker
09-15-2014, 03:36 AM
YEs, yes that was what I meant to say. :p

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-15-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm looking forward to Zestiria. I haven't seen much of it yet, but the Tales games always deliver for me.

Mirage
09-15-2014, 11:23 PM
I think it's been in the works for too long for a PS4 consideration. But most likely the next game will be. As for this, news of it surfaced around the time I started enjoying Xillia. Which at the time was the only Tales game I'd enjoyed since Destiny. So I can kinda understand. I tried Symphonia, and I tried Vesperia. Though now, playing with my girlfriend, I look forward to playing both those games. I think it was just the slow single-player experience that turned me off. Then again, having played through both Xillia games, I know for certain I would have enjoyed both of those games in a single player atmosphere. The characters, while tropey and cliche (I believe this is what you meant when you say clique), were still well written and had a lot of development and progression, and were rarely written in an annoying fashion regardless. I didn't hate anyone. The story was a little out there, but didn't turn me off. On the contrary it seemed enough non-cliche to actually interest me, and still managed to throw a few surprises at me. More so in the first game. And god bless the action in the battles. Fast, frantic, ridiculous, fun.

Either way, I don't really have to worry about being turned off by a slow single player Tales game anymore. My girlfriend and I are slowing going backwards through the series playing together the ones we haven't beaten, or rebeating them in some cases. And Zestiria will definitely get added to this list. Any long-standing worthwhile co-op game is more than welcome in my library

I don't think it's been in the works for too long. We are already seeing PS4 ports of games that were released for PS3 long before the PS4 release as well. If the game isn't released yet, i think that would make it easier for them. I think it depends mostly on how many copies they think they would sell for that console, and how much extra work it would be to make it run there.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if an "ultimate edition" with all the DLC and a bit more content got released for PS4 like a year later. Perhaps the japanese release of that would come like half a year after the EU/US release of the original game. Sort of like the Graces F thing.

NeoCracker
09-18-2014, 01:53 PM
A summer US and European release it would seem.

http://nichegamer.net/2014/09/tales-of-zestiria-is-coming-west-by-summer-of-2015/

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-21-2015, 12:05 PM
Tales of Zestiria getting DLC costumes of past Tales heroes.

Sorey – Yuri from Tales of Vesperia
Mikleo – Leon from Tales of Destiny
Alisha – Cheria from Tales of Graces f
Lallah – Mint from Tales of Phantasia
Edna – Elise from Tales of Xillia
Denzel – Luke from Tales of the Abyss
Zaveid – Zelos from Tales of Symphonia
Rose – Milla from Tales of Xillia 2

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/13/long-list-tales-zestiria-dlc-costumes/#ocXltduq1LrRsMFV.99

Pumpkin
01-27-2015, 01:52 PM
YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssss so excited for this

Randy
02-27-2015, 10:08 AM
I think it's been in the works for too long for a PS4 consideration.

Surely it's been in the works too long to NOT have a PS4 port. They'll need to sell quite a lot as it seems like an epic game. Visually, it looks like one of the most impressive in the series.

Carl the Llama
02-27-2015, 12:55 PM
Zaveid – Zelos from Tales of Symphonia

Zelos... again. Why couldn't they do someone I acutally like, ya know, ANY of the other characters that game.

/sigh

On a side note I just bought all the tales games for the PS3 on Ebay so now I am slowly working my way through them. Starting with Tales of Graces F as I love love love that game.

Vyk
02-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Resurrecting this thread prompted me to do a google search and see where things stand with this game. I forgot it was released in Japan in December. I found an import review if anyone is interested. It does go over quite a bit of early story bits as reviewing the story is part of the trade. So there are mild spoilers if anyone wants to go in blind. But I doubt any of that stuff would be much of a secret leading up to the game's release anyway

It's a pretty objective review as far as I can tell. And the game rates just above average. Which is pretty standard for most Tales games. They're good games, but rarely are they actually great

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/02/26/tales-zestiria-review-wide-open-spaces-ps3-import/#/slide/16 if anyone is interested

LunarWeaver
02-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Tales games are, for whatever reason, that series I am super lenient with. I have played a trout ton of them. Despite their many, many flaws, I usually play them like 3 times. And these smurfers are long. I don't do that with anything else, just these. So I'm looking forward to wasting my time with this. It'll undoubtedly be a game that is good and short of great, but great to me. :colbert:

Randy
03-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Tales games are, for whatever reason, that series I am super lenient with. I have played a trout ton of them. Despite their many, many flaws, I usually play them like 3 times.

I'm exactly the same. If I was reviewing a Tales game, I'd struggle to give any of them higher than an 8. But I just enjoy playing them. The pacing and the general tone of the games is very relaxing.

metagloria
03-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Tales games are, for whatever reason, that series I am super lenient with. I have played a trout ton of them. Despite their many, many flaws, I usually play them like 3 times.

I'm exactly the same. If I was reviewing a Tales game, I'd struggle to give any of them higher than an 8. But I just enjoy playing them. The pacing and the general tone of the games is very relaxing.

Pretty much where I land as well. Just really solid, fun RPGs. Not groundbreaking, not mindblowing, but enjoyable. I'd probably give Graces F closer to a 9, because I sunk a lot of hours into it and had a blast.

Pumpkin
03-11-2015, 03:40 PM
IS THIS OUT NOW? IS THIS OFFICIALLY OUT?

Vyk
03-13-2015, 03:43 AM
In Japan it is. You can watch gameplay and listen to people whine about framerates and nonsense. But I don't think its out in our neck of the woods yet. I could be mistaken..