PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII Series coming to PC?

AaronSOLDIER
09-17-2014, 05:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4HUgyvM.png

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/FF13_Portal/

http://i.imgur.com/BYANS41.png?1?9243

NA Site

Shauna
09-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Interesting development. Squeenix pulling out the big guns for PC, eh? xD

Ergroilnin
09-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Well I would love that since I never had chance to play these cause I don't own PS3/4 and don't plan to.

Mirage
09-17-2014, 07:30 PM
I might pirate it just to see how pretty I can make it look. Buying it once for ps3 is enough, considering there probably won't be any additional content.

Colonel Angus
09-18-2014, 02:53 AM
Neither Steam nor Squeenix has announced anything yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this came out around the holidays.

Freya
09-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Let them come out and then buy them cheap on the steam sales :3

Also it's listed on steams website now. (http://store.steampowered.com/app/292120/) Release date of Oct 9th for $15.99

Noctis Caelum
09-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Good. Now the PC master race scum can stop blindingly jumping on the hate train of the internet and experience a wonderful game. I wonder if the XIII series will get a trilogy release for next-gen. Knowing SE, I wouldn't bet against it.

Ergroilnin
09-18-2014, 09:51 PM
Wow that's way sooner than I thought!

I am very inclined to just preorder it now since the price for so new game is still silly as hell, I expected each installment for 40 a pop and now it looks the whole trilogy will cost around 40 bucks.

The only thing stopping me from buying it immediately is that I have tons of not played games yet and Christmas is right around the corner so who knows if they won't actually slap at least 25% sale on all FFs during the sale.

Colonel Angus
09-18-2014, 11:47 PM
This holiday season might be the time to get a gaming laptop.

Edit: $14.39 pre-order price

Ergroilnin
09-19-2014, 12:06 AM
I mean even Final Fintasy IV (no After Years too) on Steam is more expensive lol. I am also curious if they are going to add the two other instalments in rapid sucession or if there will be some (long) time between.

Slothy
09-19-2014, 12:38 AM
Good. Now the PC master race scum can stop blindingly jumping on the hate train of the internet and experience a wonderful game.

Nothing you've said here makes sense. Firstly, people who only play PC probably didn't care about FFXIII enough before to even know that the general consensus was that it wasn't good, and probably still aren't interested enough to care. Secondly, hating a really bad game isn't really some undeserved hate train. It's simply recognizing the reality of how bad the game is. Which is pretty bad. Like, abysmally bad. One of the worst RPG's ever made bad Which means your assertion that it's a wonderful game is even more non-sensical than everything else you said. ;) :p

Fynn
09-19-2014, 09:36 AM
I might actually get this! The system requirements are just right - might finally have my own opinion on this game :D

Ayen
09-22-2014, 05:46 AM
Glad to see this, if only for the possibility that Type-0 and XV could very well follow suit.

Dat Matt
09-25-2014, 08:14 PM
That's what I've been saying on twitter. If this does well on steam (and it probably will beccuase £13 and steam sales) then it paves the way for FFXV.

Mirage
09-25-2014, 10:59 PM
You know guys, if they end up putting FF15 on Steam, I might just get it there instead and boost the graphics to crazylevels and use steam's in-home streaming to my laptop+tv in the living room. Suck it, inferior console hardware!

Madame Adequate
09-26-2014, 02:05 AM
I'm very curious to see if there's any scope for modding the XIII series on PC. It's hard to mess with VII and VIII, but people have managed it with some impressive results.

I'd also looooove to get X/X-2 HD on the PC, save us having to get a PS3. :p

Mirage
09-27-2014, 10:53 PM
But you can emulate those aready :p. It's not even illegal if you just use the original game discs :p

Ergroilnin
09-27-2014, 11:55 PM
And if you own the device and dump your own BIOS*

At least that's how it was with PCSX2 (best PS2 emulator).

Mirage
09-28-2014, 12:32 AM
That depends entirely on local laws. I could have a friend dump his PS2's ROM and send it to me without breaking any laws here.

Also, PCSX2.

Fox
09-28-2014, 02:32 AM
I don't think we're going to see muuuuch in the way of modding on the XIII series. People have been ripping models out of it since it came out in order to make nude versions of everyone (ah, internet), but actually injecting modified content into the game code? I'm not optimistic for much. Square published stuff has never been particular mod-friendly, in fact the PC versions of FFVII and FFVIII are some of the better examples.

So yeah, I wouldn't expect many exciting mods. I have gone and pre-purchased XIII on Steam though seeing as there was a 10% offer on it. It's odd how utterly I can't be bothered to play it again on my PS3 but the thought of getting the PC version kind of excited me. And hey, the price is right, so no complaints here.

Silent Warrior
10-07-2014, 05:35 PM
... Eff, I'm gone for a couple months, and THIS happens?? But... Well, I'll have to at least look into XIII-PC. I'm kind of hoping they'll see sense with regards to the sequels, though.

SO I'M LATE! Deal! :shifty:

Dat Matt
10-09-2014, 07:53 PM
So FFXIII is now available.

Pour out the contents of your wallets to the left.

Ergroilnin
10-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Holy shit almost 60gb required O_O Oh well downloading now.

Fox
10-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Apparently the PC port is rather awful. No options to speak of, the game closes if you escape, locked to 720p. Runs at 60fps though, which is nice.

I can't confirm any of this at the moment as I hadn't booted my Steam up in a while so I have 10 massive updates to download before I can even start on XIII's 60GB.

escobert
10-10-2014, 12:48 AM
Good. Now the PC master race scum can stop blindingly jumping on the hate train of the internet and experience a wonderful game.

lulz. Not my fault console games suck ;)

Ergroilnin
10-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Well game doesn't start for me and tons of other people. Good job enix.

Fynn
10-10-2014, 08:07 AM
I'm still downloading it.

Fox
10-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Can confirm awfulness of the port. Quite disappointing. 60fps is nice though!

Mirage
10-10-2014, 02:24 PM
There is a 3rd party game loader now that can increase the 3D resolution of the game. There is also one that can do supersampling for even smoother graphics, but that one breaks the user interface a bit.

Freya
10-10-2014, 02:31 PM
It's only been a day and someone has already fixed stuff? Wow.

Mirage
10-10-2014, 02:40 PM
The game files have been available for a few more days. Steam allows you to download them in advance ;)

Fox
10-10-2014, 03:36 PM
I got Durante's supersampling tool but I haven't used it yet as I don't understand what it does. I don't want to end p introducing bugs or messing up my other games!

I've forced a bunch of settings on through my Nvidia control panel. If I see a nice simple way to jack it up to 1080p I'll do that as well, but with AA and Anisotrpic filtering on it doesn't exactly look bad at 720p

Fynn
10-10-2014, 07:24 PM
People complaining FFXIII PC is 720p native.

And I'm just sitting here, hoping my computer runs it fluidly enough.

/60s spider-man

DanielCLFFF13
10-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Finally!! :) :D Final Fantasy XIII trilogy come to PC. Thank you to whoever leading the Final Fantasy XIII PC project!
Finally Square Enix ported Final Fantasy XIII trilogy to PC :D Although I believe the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy also rereleased version. Though some reviews stated it's like the old one.
Bur I'll try to get it on Monday!

Maybe Square Enix should create DLC of Final Fantasy XIII trilogy with CO-OP support. So each players could take control each character. I think it would make things more challenging. If they have no plan for it. I must wait for modders to create one :(
And maybe Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns : Final Fantasy XIII DLC should come within the game like The Last Remnant, it carry the DLC within the game.
Mod would make the game better. Like create another area within the game or teleport stone to teleport to previous area. Or even create a whole new boss battle haha :D
But this is my opinion :)

I want to get it on STEAM. Does anyone know how to buy game from STEAM? It's my first time, so I have no idea.

fat_moogle
10-10-2014, 07:40 PM
^ I can't work it out of you're being serious or not but a CO-OP Final Fantasy XIII sounds pretty awful.

"RAVAGER!"

"I SAID COMMANDO!"

"OH FOR GOD SAKE NOW WE'RE SABOUTERS!"

DanielCLFFF13
10-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Well yeah, if only one player hold the Paradigms system.
But if every player could use their own Paradigms, they could change into whatever role they desire, not limited in person.
So example Lightning change from Commando to Ravager, Snow is Sentinel and he still will be Sentinel unless the player who picked Snow change his role, so doesn't change other party member role in CO-OP system.
Well yeah that's about it, I think :)

Fox
10-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Daniel, don't expect anything new with the PC version! It is the most bare bones port they could have possibly done. It doesn't even come with the nice CG movies from the PS3 version, instead it's the compressed Xbox 360 versions (the entire port is a direct rip of the Xbox version).

I want to get it on STEAM. Does anyone know how to buy game from STEAM? It's my first time, so I have no idea.

In terms of buying from Steam, it's pretty easy. Head on over to http://store.steampowered.com (http://store.steampowered.com/), 'Install Steam' if you haven't done so already and create an account once it has installed. Then you just find the game you want to buy on the client, hit 'add to cart', and Steam will take you through the buying process and ask you where you want to install your game. Then hey presto, it'll download and install it for you. All you have to do once it's finished is hit 'Play'.

DanielCLFFF13
10-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Daniel, don't expect anything new with the PC version! It is the most bare bones port they could have possibly done. It doesn't even come with the nice CG movies from the PS3 version, instead it's the compressed Xbox 360 versions (the entire port is a direct rip of the Xbox version).

In terms of buying from Steam, it's pretty easy. Head on over to http://store.steampowered.com (http://store.steampowered.com/), 'Install Steam' if you haven't done so already and create an account once it has installed. Then you just find the game you want to buy on the client, hit 'add to cart', and Steam will take you through the buying process and ask you where you want to install your game. Then hey presto, it'll download and install it for you. All you have to do once it's finished is hit 'Play'.

Yeah I know. It depends on the developer. If they have the plan to create one, if not I just need to expect modders to create one, if there is one who want create it.
So Final Fantasy XIII ported XBOX version? Not PS3? I don't know the different since I don't have XBOX 360 and PS3.
But I think I would be better. But this is my opinion :)
But thanks Fox :)

I know how add to cart. But the paying system is a bit confused. I need to have credit card to buy it or Paypal and some other payments methods is a little confusing.

escobert
10-10-2014, 09:38 PM
I just use my debit card with steam? I've never tried paypal on it. But a credit/debit card will work fine. You can also get steam cards at stores but, I don't know if they're available where you live. You will also need to make an account if you haven;t had to do that yet.

DanielCLFFF13
10-10-2014, 10:20 PM
I just use my debit card with steam? I've never tried paypal on it. But a credit/debit card will work fine. You can also get steam cards at stores but, I don't know if they're available where you live. You will also need to make an account if you haven;t had to do that yet.So credit card can. Okay I'll try it. STEAM card? I don't know if there are any in Indonesia, I'll try to look for it. I already have STEAM account. All that's left is about the payments methods. Thanks escobert :)

>_<
10-11-2014, 05:39 PM
I pre-purchased the game on Steam because I've never played it, and I would like to show my support for possibly more PC releases in the future. I'm not a fan of the rail road style gameplay, but for the price, I figured it would be worth dabbling with something a little more linear. I never expected anything special for this port, so I'm not too bothered about the lack of graphical options. The fact that general PC hardware issues were not ironed out is a little more irksome, but again, I somewhat expected this. And as long as I didn't have to jump through numerous hoops to play the game, I wasn't going to join the knee jerk reaction squad that seems to be running amok in some quarters.

I had the stutter problem that many other people have reported, so here's what I did to correct it on my system: Start the game, then pull up the Task Manager, right click on the FFXIII .exe, click 'Set Affinity', and de-select all processors but CPU 0.

I can understand why other people may feel disappointed - or even angry - with this release, but for the price, and the fact us PC users got a release of this game at all; I'm happy to let things slide at the moment. I just hope the other two games in this trilogy are released with a little more thought and care for the consumer.

Ergroilnin
10-11-2014, 05:52 PM
To be honest, they won't. Every single PC port had their good share of problems and I knew that when I pre-purchased FFXIII but to not be even able to start the game with my high-end computer is bulltrout. It means they didn't even try to fix the most basic problems of the port. They just went the easiest possible way to get a lot of money.

Surely you would be angry if you bought a cheap PC that you had to repair for it just to work even though it was advertised as fully working machine right?

I am pretty angry about this, I am really only not making THAT much of a scene because I don't have time to really play the game much for the time being so I hope that they release patches in next two-three months so the game actually works without me having to use 3rd party programs just to play it.

Mirage
10-11-2014, 06:02 PM
works for me without any major tweaks. the port is ass, though.

DMKA
10-12-2014, 05:45 AM
For those who want to beat the resolution lock...

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=624

You can run it at any resolution you want if you install that bad boy and it looks AMAZING.

Sadly my graphics card is crap so I can't run it at any reasonable resolution at more than 10fps. :p

I would love to play the game in 1080p at 60fps so maybe I'll have to remedy that now.

Mirage
10-12-2014, 05:56 AM
Too bad the UI resolution still sucks, and there's no way to fix the dithered transparency on things like hair, except perhaps insanely inefficient supersampling. driver-based forced antialiasing will smoothen out everything else, but it won't fix the hair.

The movies we are forced to download are also in 1080p even though there exists no official way to play the game in that resolution, so they're making us download ~15 GB that they don't intend us to get anything out of. What the smurf is wrong with you, SE? Get a grip. Not to mention, it's 15 GB on my HDD that I can't use for more interesting things.

On the bright side, you can safely delete all the japanese version video files if you don't plan on using the japanese language option (or vice versa if you prefer japanese). The game won't notice, and you're saving space. In fact, the game doesn't even seem to notice even if you delete the videos it is set to use. The video is just skipped entirely, without any error message or any side effects. You'd never know there was supposed to be a video there, if it wasn't for the fact that you'd probably be confused over the game jumping from one thing to another with no explanation.

DMKA
10-12-2014, 06:01 AM
The movies we are forced to download are also in 1080p even though there exists no official way to play the game in that resolution, so they're making us download ~15 GB that they don't intend us to get anything out of. What the smurf is wrong with you, SE? Get a grip. Not to mention, it's 15 GB on my HDD that I can't use for more interesting things.
Yeah, Square has a long running history of crappy PC ports dating back to the PS1 era, and this is another lazy, shoddy port to be sure.

But who knows? They're still porting the other two games so when they see all the negative feedback regarding these specs maybe they'll patch it themselves? Not that I'd hold my breath (again, this is an SE PC port we're talking about) but it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Markus. D
10-12-2014, 12:30 PM
i'm not surprised but ... it's a terrible impression on SE's part. they do it for their other published IPs, why not their main squeeze, right?

Fox
10-12-2014, 09:18 PM
As both a developer and publisher they've shown they now how to do a good PC version of a game. Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, all really good. The fact that they spent so little effort here is just so disappointing. I mean, resolution options are the basics of the basics.

Mirage
10-12-2014, 09:31 PM
None of those, except FF14, were developed by any of the people who work on final fantasy games. FF14 was developed with the PC in mind from day one, not as an afterthought port of a console game.

I'd argue that outside of those who were into the design and programming of FF14, none of their in-house devs have any real understanding of what's expected from a PC game.

Vyk
10-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Agreed. Sleeping Dogs and Deus Ex and stuff were designed by the actual developers to run on PC. Square had little to do with that stuff

Kinda sad though, it sounds like all they needed was ONE worthwhile IT/programmer dude on the team and things would have been peachy

Markus. D
10-14-2014, 08:27 PM
i just got a chance to play around with it. lightning's hair looks like oatmeal spaghetti, and her eyelashes were filled in with a cheeseblock of charcoal. that's ... incredible.

DanielCLFFF13
10-14-2014, 09:04 PM
For those who want to beat the resolution lock...

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=624

You can run it at any resolution you want if you install that bad boy and it looks AMAZING.

Sadly my graphics card is crap so I can't run it at any reasonable resolution at more than 10fps. :p

I would love to play the game in 1080p at 60fps so maybe I'll have to remedy that now.

How do you install it? I've downloaded it but I can't understand how it work. There are only some few settings in Final Fantasy XIII .ini file. What should I need to change in the value for make Final Fantasy XIII looks better? Or the current value should fit to make it better?

Fynn
10-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Am I the only one who is simply satisfied I can finally play this game on my PC and can't even tell the difference between 1080p and 720p in practice?

Mirage
10-17-2014, 02:51 AM
You might want to consider glasses if you can't tell the difference between those two on a computer monitor at typical viewing distances. I am not even trying to make fun of you now.

Fynn
10-17-2014, 08:20 AM
I do play with glasses on, actually :monster:

All I'm saying is this port really isn't the disaster people are making it out to be. The resolution, to me, is not that big a difference, considering what we got is exactly how it looked on the XBOX 360. Remember the FFVII port way back? That thing needed five patches to run without crashing completely (and chocobo racing was completely broken on windows XP, anyway), the soundtrack was replaced with crappy MIDIs, the graphics looked weird, with everyone having these stupid O-faces, and the default keyboard setup was on the fricking num pad. FFXIII runs smoothly even on my low-end laptop, without bugs or crashes, the music is left intact and the instructions even display the proper gamepad or keyboard controls, unlike some vague info like "assisst button". I may just have low standards, as I'm no PC gamer, but I'm really satisfied with this port and fail to see why people call it such a huge disaster.

Vyk
10-17-2014, 02:54 PM
I'm with you. I can tell the difference between 1080p and 720p, but the difference is generally negligible. And not nearly the difference that graphical fidelity offers. Playing Skyrim on Ultra, there's barely any difference in how the game looks between the two resolutions. But if you play it on Low, you can start to see the difference, things get stretched out, blurry, and jaggy/pixelated. I think texture resolution is way more noticeable and important than screen resolution

Colonel Angus
10-18-2014, 06:16 AM
1080 is a bigger deal when watching things like live sporting events. Anything else, 720 is good enough.

Mirage
10-19-2014, 02:27 AM
I dunno, i notice the difference much more easily in a game than in anything that involves the real world. Then again, it also greatly depends on the equipment the real world was captured with. Poor equipment will make 1080p look worse than what good equipment can do with 720p

DanielCLFFF13
10-29-2014, 12:40 PM
I have bought Final Fantasy XIII on Steam. But have to wait until Monday to download it. Can't wait to play it :)

Mirage
12-04-2014, 06:06 PM
The same graphics options that will be available in FF13-2 are also coming to FF13, the official final fantasy facebook group just posted.

Vyk
12-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Did they make 13-2 prettier I take it? That's cool that they're offering options across the board, especially since it sounded like they got super lazy with the first one

Richard
05-02-2015, 09:08 PM
The 13 series is going to be modded to death when it hits PC. LOL!!

Mirage
05-02-2015, 09:17 PM
When it hits? It already did.

Richard
05-04-2015, 02:04 AM
My bad. I haven't been keeping up with current events as this game has been out forever now. Oh well...thats what I always say. Another game like this is going to be spammed to death with mods.