PDA

View Full Version : Article: New Final Fantasy XV trailer at TGS

DMKA
09-18-2014, 02:10 AM
ITS HAPPENING!!11 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2wBmvh41NE)

fat_moogle
09-18-2014, 02:18 AM
Just watched this! I love the music. Graphics and animations look great! Love how when Noctis is almost knocked out the others rush to his aid and don't just let him die.

DMKA
09-18-2014, 02:24 AM
Just watched this! I love the music.

I know right? How about that classic FF prelude at the end!?!? And that wide open field! And vehicles!

This is already better than FFXIII! :p

Sephiroth
09-18-2014, 02:26 AM
"It's been a long time coming. Almost there."

Oh Square, you and your irony.

Someone should probably write in that youtube comment section "Fake".

Apparently Noctis has another one of those "Tida written but actually meant as Tidus in Latin letters" as his name is written as "Nokuto", so Noct or Nocto.

Oh and King Regis? King King? Like Princess Sarah, Princess Princess? Hilarious and appropriate for Final Fantasy.

fat_moogle
09-18-2014, 02:32 AM
"It's been a long time coming. Almost there."
Ha, it's a great line! I was really worried that Square Enix was going to disappoint us yet again at TGS this year, but they've exceeded my expectations with Type-0 HD and XV gameplay. Exciting times!

DMKA, it's great to hear the prelude making a return! Hopefully we get the victory theme for boss battles like XII did, I missed it it XIII.

Pheesh
09-18-2014, 02:33 AM
Looks great, would have looked even greater with a nice release date stuck to the end of it.

fat_moogle
09-18-2014, 02:40 AM
Looks great, would have looked even greater with a nice release date stuck to the end of it.
We can have hope that the XV demo will have a release date at the end when it releases next year!

Freya
09-18-2014, 02:42 AM
OMG! WHAT! I like how it's not "coming soon" at the end it's "in development"

DMKA
09-18-2014, 02:42 AM

Nearly every next gen...err current gen game I'm looking forward to has had their trailers end with "IN DEVELOPMENT" or "COMING...WHEN IT'S READY".

OMG! WHAT! I like how it's not "coming soon" at the end it's "in development"
Yeah, that made me a tad nervous. I'm really hoping that was just a poor choice of wording on their part. After all, that E3 2013 Kingdom Hearts III trailer said that at the end, and it was literally just started at that point.

FFFFsephychibi
09-18-2014, 02:43 AM
Is it just me or did the graphics for the characters get more.... cartoony? Game looks beautiful though

Depression Moon
09-18-2014, 02:44 AM
Good. At least we finally have some more footage. Free roam in a car with a JRPG was always something that I wanted, but I had brought it up here so many years ago and it was put down.

Freya
09-18-2014, 02:49 AM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/6d1526082f16153d061e8e42eb185a59/tumblr_nc2pb0tB3G1sq2xoeo1_500.gif

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Freya
09-18-2014, 02:54 AM
It's apparently the trailer for Episode Duscae, the demo that is included in the Type-0 box.

Sephex
09-18-2014, 02:55 AM
The year is 2067. FFXV is finally out on the Playstation 17 and Xbox Brainwave.

FFFFsephychibi
09-18-2014, 03:04 AM
So uh the way the trailer is edited makes it seem like Stella's name is now 'Luna'? The girl that looks like Stella, she's wearing a moon necklace too.

Sephiroth
09-18-2014, 03:15 AM
Has anyone noticed they have brought in the Garula species from Final Fantasy V?

Edge7
09-18-2014, 03:34 AM
Noctis and co's excellent adventure.

I love it!

Del Murder
09-18-2014, 04:07 AM
The car took a lot of the 'fantasy' out of it for me. Otherwise it looked cool.

metagloria
09-18-2014, 04:09 AM
It was never meant to be a typical fantasy. It was meant to be a fantasy grounded in reality. I actually love the characters reacting to unnatural stuff like the astral shard and the giant, giant, giant adamantoise-looking thing.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have pants to change.

:omgomg: :omgomg: :omgomg: :omgomg: :omgomg: :omgomg:

DMKA
09-18-2014, 04:14 AM
The car took a lot of the 'fantasy' out of it for me.
True, but I do like the idea of being able to drive a car around the overworld. Grand Theft Final Fantasy. <3

Chocobos are supposedly making a return too. Maybe something happens to your car? Picturing these guys on giant yellow birds is funny.

Del Murder
09-18-2014, 04:19 AM
I'm fine with a car, but does it have to be some typical douchebag sports car? Something a little more stylized would have been nice! But maybe you only have the car for a little bit. We really know nothing except the shreds of information they give us.

DMKA
09-18-2014, 04:21 AM
But maybe you only have the car for a little bit. We really know nothing except the shreds of information they give us.
Yeah, this is supposedly really early in the game so you may not have it that long. Maybe it's going to blow up like the buggy in FFVII did? :D

Also, yay classic monsters.

http://s8.postimg.org/c0f9f7u7p/1411011498535.jpg

Edge7
09-18-2014, 04:59 AM
Nice find there DMKA! I knew those monsters looked familiar...

Sephiroth
09-18-2014, 05:18 AM

Eherrm:

Has anyone noticed they have brought in the Garula species from Final Fantasy V?

Scotty_ffgamer
09-18-2014, 05:33 AM
I like to think that the car is going to work like the one in FFVIII. At least, how it worked for me when I was a kid. I rented a car and drove it out to the middle of nowhere, and then it ran out of gas and I had to walk a very long way back to where I needed to be, haha.

Edge7
09-18-2014, 05:36 AM

Eherrm:

Damn, sorry about that Sephiroth. I'll transfer all praise to you.

Wolf Kanno
09-18-2014, 07:35 AM
They weren't lying when some SE exec mentioned this game would feel like a buddy road trip flick.

Field looks like an Action-RPG version of Xenoblade which I am not complaining about and the music was pretty nice. Good to see them actually surprise people and show us something new.

Noctis Caelum
09-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Absolutely love it. Finally a TRULY next-gen game. I almost fainted when I saw it.
That has nothing to do with me being sick. I think.

The car did? What about how this is the only FF game in which (most) of the characters have normal hair colour and not vivid colours. Yes, I know one dude has pink hair, but I don't see him as much of a recurring character.

I think they're going for a more realistic (but still very Fantasy related) go in this one. And I have no problems with it whatsoever. It kind of fits with the storyline.

chionos
09-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Oh yeah, the hair color is so much more obviously un-fantasy than a big shiny car. Say what?

I've made it clear at other times that I'm not at all a fan of this modern/future sci-fi+fantasy mix thing that SE is moving toward with their FFs. This is an opinion. Other people like it so good for them; I don't mean to take away from anyone else's enjoyment of the game. But I hate it. Final Fantasy XV: Four Douchebags of Light Take a Road Trip.

Nevertheless, that trailer looks pretty bad-ass. The combat looks more and more intriguing, the mobs look fantastic. I love big baddies, and it looks like FFXV is going to be full of them. Visually stunning, aurally stunning. I hope the car's not on rails. I hope there's some exploration in this damn game, because it looks like there's a lot of beautiful scenery and not being able to truly explore means all that beauty is friggin' wasted. a la FFXIII. Startin' to get my hopes up here.

Psychotic
09-18-2014, 09:09 AM
The visual style is really appealing, I absolutely dig it.

I agree with chionos - let it be a free roam car! I want to drive right on into that scenery.

And yeah sorry gang, I like the car.

Ayen
09-18-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm not impressed by the trailer. I found it boring and rolled my eyes at the "road trip" vibe the whole thing has. I was more impressed by the previous trailer we got at E3 (I think it was E3) a couple years back.

Pike
09-18-2014, 10:24 AM
I can't stop laughing because they're driving around in this super flashy modern-day car and then they jump out and start attacking things with big ol' swords oh god it's like it's really Square Enix. I hope the Chocobo theme plays when you're in the car.

I don't have an opinion either way on the trailer, I don't think I'm really much into modern FFs anymore, but damn if it didn't make me laugh (in a good way)

Mirage
09-18-2014, 10:41 AM

Not any more than the motorbike in FF7 did. I m o.

Psychotic
09-18-2014, 11:19 AM
I can't stop laughing because they're driving around in this super flashy modern-day car and then they jump out and start attacking things with big ol' swords oh god it's like it's really Square Enix. I hope the Chocobo theme plays when you're in the car.I hope the car turns into a chocobo. :3:

Ergroilnin
09-18-2014, 12:05 PM
I've made it clear at other times that I'm not at all a fan of this modern/future sci-fi+fantasy mix thing that SE is moving toward with their FFs. This is an opinion. Other people like it so good for them;

This is me as well, so I am not really digging it so much.

I mean holy fuck does it look good and I want it? Yes. Do I think it should be Final Fantasy title? No.

Sephiroth
09-18-2014, 03:25 PM
It has a Final Fantasy VIII touch for me with it reality mixed with Final Fantasy VII or XIII which also are prety real but still very much fantasy-like (well, FFVIII as well but way more real).

And Final Fantasy VIII and VII are full of cars. You could drive in cars, on motorbikes, you could even go by bus and train. Vehicles, also normal vehicles are nothing special. A bit less fantastic but they actually are an element.

Pumpkin
09-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Yeah it didn't really hype me up. Oh well I'm still excited for the game!

Karifean
09-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Anyone else notice that one of the characters has the voice of Yagami Light / Okabe Rintarou? That alone got me hyped up. (Edit: Looked it up, it's Ignis who has that voice) Not sure how I feel about the combat they've shown, it looks as though you only control one character ever.

I always thought Noct was just Noctis' nickname, but apparently he's called that way even in the battle info on the bottom right so that may be his final name (at least in the Japanese version).

But what certainly looked beautiful was the world. I very much look forward to exploring it. Now let's just hope it comes out before the PS5 does. That "In Development" at the end makes me worry about when it'll be out.

Freya
09-18-2014, 06:11 PM
Here's an amusing gif I found about the road trip buddies

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--o1f5O0hT--/ykgizkfqv0ckgktvggdt.gif

You also have to remember that this is a trailer for the demo. It means it's the opening of the game. They may not have that car for the whole thing. They may not be so happy go lucky either.

Sephiroth
09-18-2014, 06:13 PM
I always thought Noct was just Noctis' nickname, but apparently he's called that way even in the battle info on the bottom right so that may be his final name (at least in the Japanese version).

As said there is a difference between what is written in Japanese and what the same name is supposed to be in Latin letters. Just like people claim to be Zacks because of Zakkusu but actually he is meant to be Zack. We need to wait for more info here I guess. Once we see some original scans with his name we can see if that is just a "new English name" like Firion or Terra or the intended one.

Freya
09-18-2014, 07:13 PM
According to the official Playstation blog, (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/18/final-fantasy-xv-demo-coming-soon-ps4/) the demo WILL actually be included in the Type-0 March 20th 2015 release. And the demo/trailer shows off a very early portion of the game and has been changed slightly as to not give away much or any of the plot. Itss goal is to show you the world exploration and the battle mechanics.

Noctis Caelum
09-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Oh yeah, the hair color is so much more obviously un-fantasy than a big shiny car. Say what?I've made it clear at other times that I'm not at all a fan of this modern/future sci-fi+fantasy mix thing that SE is moving toward with their FFs. This is an opinion. Other people like it so good for them; I don't mean to take away from anyone else's enjoyment of the game. But I hate it. Final Fantasy XV: Four Douchebags of Light Take a Road Trip. Nevertheless, that trailer looks pretty bad-ass. The combat looks more and more intriguing, the mobs look fantastic. I love big baddies, and it looks like FFXV is going to be full of them. Visually stunning, aurally stunning. I hope the car's not on rails. I hope there's some exploration in this damn game, because it looks like there's a lot of beautiful scenery and not being able to truly explore means all that beauty is friggin' wasted. a la FFXIII. Startin' to get my hopes up here.That is disappointing. I for one am LOVING that future sci-fi style that SE is implementing. It would be boring as smurf if FF was just doing the Pokemon route. Aka, not reinventing the wheel, still doing the same basic archaic bullcrap after 20+ years. I'm sorry, but I for one am RELIEVED and ECSTATIC that the series is progressively moving away more and more with every title from the turn-based combat. That trout was fine back in the 90s because systems couldn't really handle much more at that time. But it's 2014. It's time for new and exciting trout. And personally, I truly believe that SE is doing just that. I know I'll be in the minority and people will probably roll their eyes, but that's my opinion on the matter.

And you say "Final Fantasy XV: Four Douchebags of Light Take a Road Trip."... well, what's that make Final Fantasy X-2? "Three barbies pretending to be entertaining but the game packs more estrogen than your girlfriends pill bottle"?

The visual style is really appealing, I absolutely dig it. I agree with chionos - let it be a free roam car! I want to drive right on into that scenery. And yeah sorry gang, I like the car.Me too. Even Destiny, another fairly popular sci-fi title, has vehicle transportation. Not that it's cars or anything, but imagine if instead you rode giant chickens. It would be... well, silly. And that's kind of the reputation that FF games have had for a long time now.I respect Square Enix for trying new ideas, even if they don't stick to the wall. Because let's face it, there isn't a whole lot of invention in the RPG scene nowadays. Everybody's doing the same trout, and they can get away with it because of die-hard fans that love that niche trout. Gotta give SE props for at least trying to do something different.

According to the official Playstation blog, (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/18/final-fantasy-xv-demo-coming-soon-ps4/) the demo WILL actually be included in the Type-0 March 20th 2015 release. And the demo/trailer shows off a very early portion of the game and has been changed slightly as to not give away much or any of the plot. Itss goal is to show you the world exploration and the battle mechanics.
Speaking of your new signature, I had a thought. With the amount of male characters in the game, I was thinking Square might (finally) explore the controversial subject matter of having a homosexual male character. And if my gaydar is as good as I think it is (probably isn't), I'd say Prompto fits the bill PERFECTLY. He doesn't necessarily look emo, like most people are calling the fearsome foursome. I'd say he just looks extremely feminine, with a bit of a motorcycle fetish. Could be straighter than Noctis, but my money says he's our Renly Baratheon.

Sephiroth
09-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Me too. Even Destiny, another fairly popular sci-fi title, has vehicle transportation. Not that it's cars or anything, but imagine if instead you rode giant chickens. It would be... well, silly. And that's kind of the reputation that FF games have had for a long time now.I respect Square Enix for trying new ideas, even if they don't stick to the wall. Because let's face it, there isn't a whole lot of invention in the RPG scene nowadays. Everybody's doing the same trout, and they can get away with it because of die-hard fans that love that niche trout. Gotta give SE props for at least trying to do something different.

Final Fantasy often contains great sci-fi elements, that does not mean there are no Chocobos running around or other fairytale-like fantasy elements.

Noctis Caelum
09-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Me too. Even Destiny, another fairly popular sci-fi title, has vehicle transportation. Not that it's cars or anything, but imagine if instead you rode giant chickens. It would be... well, silly. And that's kind of the reputation that FF games have had for a long time now.I respect Square Enix for trying new ideas, even if they don't stick to the wall. Because let's face it, there isn't a whole lot of invention in the RPG scene nowadays. Everybody's doing the same trout, and they can get away with it because of die-hard fans that love that niche trout. Gotta give SE props for at least trying to do something different.

Final Fantasy often contains great sci-fi elements, that does not mean there are no Chocobos running around or other fairytale-like fantasy elements.
Of course. But I don't see all the negative flak on the car. At least it isn't a Jeep. But then again, I forgot that most FF die-hard fans hate the thought of anything that the new games do to bastardize their classics.

OMG NO CHOCOBOS, -10 WORST GAME OF ALL TIME. Trust me fellas, even the Angel of Valhalla chocobo couldn't save Lightning Returns. A car is not going to ruin FFXV.

Ergroilnin
09-18-2014, 09:48 PM
And you say "Final Fantasy XV: Four Douchebags of Light Take a Road Trip."... well, what's that make Final Fantasy X-2? "Three barbies pretending to be entertaining but the game packs more estrogen than your girlfriends pill bottle"?

Sorry to say but that is kind of poor example there as X-2 is for most people the most or at least on of the most hated entry of the series. The game was really only bought because FF fans are/were hooked to the games like Apple fans to iPhones and for those who loved FFX which was very decent.

The only strong point of that girly game is fighting.

Freya
09-18-2014, 09:49 PM
So we can accept airship battles but cars are out of the question....

okay....

FFFFsephychibi
09-18-2014, 10:11 PM

Of course. But I don't see all the negative flak on the car. At least it isn't a Jeep. But then again, I forgot that most FF die-hard fans hate the thought of anything that the new games do to bastardize their classics.

OMG NO CHOCOBOS, -10 WORST GAME OF ALL TIME. Trust me fellas, even the Angel of Valhalla chocobo couldn't save Lightning Returns. A car is not going to ruin FFXV.

I don't get why everyone is so negative either. A car will enhance the game, if not make the game experience better, considering we may have a map the size of skyrim and the ability to not fast travel. People seem to easily forget vehicles were apart of original final fantasies. The hypocrisy is ridiculous. Some people are so wrapped up in complaining all day about how it's not a final fantasy, they fail to realize everything in these trailers contain final fantasy elements and are smacking them right in the face.

Depression Moon
09-18-2014, 10:28 PM
When I saw online on facebook that it was getting a March 2015 release I got excited, then I found out that it was for a demo of the game.

Aulayna
09-18-2014, 11:13 PM
Yeah the car is one part of the game, we know very little about anything else yet. For all we know the bit with the car could simply be a 2-3 hour segment of the overall game.

Wolf Kanno
09-18-2014, 11:28 PM
My only fear with the car is that it will be on rails but I'm hoping that is not the case. I don't mind the car, though automobiles were featured in FFs I don't care for I don't list their existence being the downfall for said games. A road trip style game might be fun. Of anything I'm hoping to see more on combat because field combat doesn't look as exciting as the city battles but that might be because open fields are less intuitive with teleport spamming.

How SE chooses to play with sci-fi or fantasy tropes comes down to the story. If it works, hurray, if it doesn't, well there is always FFXVI in 202X. :D

Ergroilnin
09-18-2014, 11:42 PM
How SE chooses to play with sci-fi or fantasy tropes comes down to the story. If it works, hurray, if it doesn't, well there is always FFXVI in 202X. :D

More like 20XX.

Sephiroth
09-18-2014, 11:45 PM
I am quite motivated with this. Once I start streaming this#ll be on my channel in Japanese.

Noctis Caelum
09-19-2014, 01:57 AM

Sorry to say but that is kind of poor example there as X-2 is for most people the most or at least on of the most hated entry of the series. The game was really only bought because FF fans are/were hooked to the games like Apple fans to iPhones and for those who loved FFX which was very decent.

The only strong point of that girly game is fighting.
That's my whole point though. People are smurfing on XV so much because it's filled to the brim with sausages. But they fail to realize that there was an FF game that was overly feminine, too. In fact I kind of regard FFXV as the masculine parallel of X-2 - at least in this early stage. Hopefully it'll turn out as good as X-2 was bad while we're at it...

Mirage
09-19-2014, 02:27 AM
so, you hope 15 has a shitty combat system with a good story.

#movies

Fynn
09-19-2014, 06:46 AM
Speaking of your new signature, I had a thought. With the amount of male characters in the game, I was thinking Square might (finally) explore the controversial subject matter of having a homosexual male character. And if my gaydar is as good as I think it is (probably isn't), I'd say Prompto fits the bill PERFECTLY. He doesn't necessarily look emo, like most people are calling the fearsome foursome. I'd say he just looks extremely feminine, with a bit of a motorcycle fetish. Could be straighter than Noctis, but my money says he's our Renly Baratheon.

You DO realize that Japanese notions of male attractiveness are different from those in the West? Feminine men are perceived as the most attractive to Japanese women, hence why there are so many pretty boys in Japanese media. Taking that into account, Prompto look the most like a typical Japanese heartthrob. Now get ready for the real culture shock - gays in Japan are stereotyped as overly masculine and muscle-bound. So, going by that logic, if anyone from our wolf pack is gay, it's most likely Gladiolus :monster:

Also, I get people less and less. Either they scream it sucks because it's different, or they decry it as the savior of mankind because they killed the hellish contraption that is turn-based battle. What happened to "live and let live"? What happened to diversity in gaming and the fact that both action battles and turn-based battles have their place and neither is the way things are "supposed to" be? I'm getting really sick and tired of that attitude -_-

The game looks amazing, tho :monster:

metagloria
09-19-2014, 02:26 PM
LOL @ you guys who think X-2 is bad.

Fynn
09-19-2014, 04:02 PM
For a terrible fanservice-y mess, it had some incredibly enjoyable gameplay and fun sidequests :D Plus, the 1000 Words concert >>>>>>>>>> Suteki da ne sex scene.

Del Murder
09-19-2014, 06:24 PM
One day I hope they bring the FFX-2 battle system back for something. It really was the best they ever did.

Psychotic
09-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Having the whole of Spira, choose-your-mission business was great too and if expanded upon for even greater choice and freedom could be something amazing. X-2 was fantastic as a game with only the story as its flaw. And well, I refer you to Mirage's post.

brother141
09-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Please Give advice, I want to buy a Xbox One Console - Titanfall + Kinect, which I saw in Amazon, whether the Final Fantasy games can be played there ???
Thank CP
http://makemefun.tk/upload/1/o.png

Psychotic
09-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Please Give advice, I want to buy a Xbox One Console - Titanfall + Kinect, which I saw in Amazon, whether the Final Fantasy games can be played there ???
Thank CP
http://makemefun.tk/upload/1/o.pngYeah you will be able to play Type-0 HD and XV on the Xbox One when they're released.

Mirage
09-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Really? I thought 15 was PS4 only. Hm, ok.

Dat Matt
09-20-2014, 07:13 PM
From what I know, FFXV is coming to both PS4 and Xbox One. Not as sure on Kingdom Hearts of Type 0 though.

Freya
09-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Type-0 is on both

Fynn
09-20-2014, 07:14 PM
KH III is also definitely coming out on both.

Shiny
09-21-2014, 12:02 PM
The whole beginning: Cloud and a brown haired Reno in pimped out car, Zack freaking out. Sin's cousin coming up from the ground. Kaj with dark hair wakes up and is like, "wuh happened". Seriously, they need to become more creative with their character design. I will most likely buy this and play it though. It has Rhinos, mammoths, and dinosaurs!

Mirage
09-22-2014, 08:20 AM
Where did you see sin's cousin? Are you talking about the adamantoise?

McLovin'
09-22-2014, 09:18 AM
Liked the trailer but what is up with their hair? Its like all of them saw Cloud once and bought a trout ton of hair gel. The main characters hair in FF's has always been, to a degree, normal for most of the cast and at least varying but now we got 4 people who have Cloud/Yazoo/Loz hair styles!? Cmon square. You already dropped the blitzball with Wakka.

black orb
10-05-2014, 10:12 PM
ITS HAPPENING!!11 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2wBmvh41NE)
>>> LOL..
Something tell me that FFXV will not be the FF savior that some people was waiting for..:luca: