PDA

View Full Version : Tetsuya Nomura is no longer the director of FFXV

DMKA
09-18-2014, 02:34 AM
Hajime Tabata, director of Type-0 and Crisis Core is taking over.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/18/tgs-2014-final-fantasy-xv-director-leaves-project-focusing-on-kingdom-hearts-iii

I certainly didn't see this one coming. This is just getting silly. Is there anyone left from the original development team? Will this game ever be finished?

fat_moogle
09-18-2014, 02:37 AM
At least it's not Toriyama.

I have faith in Tabata. I enjoyed Crisis Core and Type-0 was well recieved. The HD verison is shaping up very well. I'm sure Nomuras work will still play a huge part of XV.

Sephiroth
09-18-2014, 02:38 AM
I don't see a problem with this, Crisis Core was great in my opinion and he probably has done everything necessary in his eyes already, especially for the story.

FFFFsephychibi
09-18-2014, 02:38 AM
I'm so upset about this it's not even funny. It's wrong....

Freya
09-18-2014, 02:55 AM
Well they probably were getting tired of it taking 10 years to come out thanks to nomura and his "direction"

Rostum
09-18-2014, 03:33 AM
Perhaps Nomura has done all the leg work and felt his time and energy was best spent on another project (Kingdom Hearts 3), and was comfortable with passing the reigns on to Tabata.

The Man
09-18-2014, 03:34 AM
I've got a bad feeling about this.

Edge7
09-18-2014, 03:44 AM
Y'all are overreacting; I think the game's gonna be fine. It must be far enough in development that Nomura felt comfortable handing it off.

Besides, from a gameplay perspective Crisis Core and Type 0 are fine. It's not the same severity as Matsuno leaving FFXII

Del Murder
09-18-2014, 03:48 AM
Perhaps Nomura has done all the leg work and felt his time and energy was best spent on another project (Kingdom Hearts 3), and was comfortable with passing the reigns on to Tabata.
Probably this.

The Man
09-18-2014, 03:53 AM
I dunno guys, when there's such turnover in a project it's usually not a good sign. I mean we can hope that most of the game is done by this point and the remaining parts are just formalities, but who knows? Square Enix haven't exactly been very forthcoming with information thus far. Though at least we finally did get another trailer.

Sephex
09-18-2014, 03:56 AM
"Belt and zippers in this game were really lacking. Such a disappointment."

9.7/10 ~ IGN

Wolf Kanno
09-18-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm fine with this, while I have no real love for Crisis Core, I will say that Type-0 was pretty impressive from what I played and interviews with the guy shows that he is actually pretty grounded in reality as opposed to Kitase and Toriyama who feel like they been huffing aerosol cans between games.

Besides this feels more like SE wanting KH3 to get moving rather than replacing a dysfunctional director and they chose probably one of the few still half decent people working there. Now to only figure out what Hiroyuki Ito was doing that made him not be able to take over the directing since that is usually his schtick within the company.... :shifty: