PDA

View Full Version : Luna?

Edge7
09-18-2014, 03:54 AM
So, no doubt you've noticed that the blonde girl shown in this trailer:

goes by the name of Luna rather than Stella.

Is this a new character?

Did they rename Stella?

YOU DECIDE!

(I'm not entirely sure its her if only because her face seems slightly different)

Colonel Angus
09-18-2014, 04:06 AM
I'm thinking they're two different characters. They really don't look too alike, other than being blonde.

DMKA
09-18-2014, 04:06 AM
Mmm, maybe they're doing a Dagger=Garnet=Sarah/Lightning=Clair/Amalia=Ashe thing? :D Her hair is different, so maybe she's incognito for their meeting or something. She is from another country that's involved in some giant war going on after all so she could have plenty of reasons for going by a different name and altering her appearance, like Ashe did.

Or maybe she's a completely different character? Stella's sister perhaps? She is in different hair and clothes, and her facial structure is slightly different (though that could be attributed to this game's insane development).

Either way, wowee those graphics of her are pretty.

Sephex
09-18-2014, 04:08 AM
773-202-LUNA!

Uh...nevermind.

My bet is that she goes by multiple names. Maybe not an identity hiding sort of thing, but other people call her other names based on how they know her.

I guess we'll find out in 2018!

Colonel Angus
09-18-2014, 04:21 AM
The nose is very different. Of course, this doesn't mean they didn't make changes to the character.

DMKA
09-18-2014, 04:28 AM
Here's a possible theory from another board that actually seems plausible (well, aside of them looking so alike):

Noctis = Night
Stella = Star
Luna = Moon

LOVE TRIANGLE CONFIRMED
LOVE TRIANGLE CONFIRMED
LOVE TRIANGLE CONFIRMED

From the trailer

"Turns out Luna is in Altissa"
"I trust she's well?"
"Your date is waiting for you"
"She say anything?"
"She's got something for me"

You'll notice that they're all eager for Noctis but Noctis himself sounds less than pleased.

I bet Luna was that little girl from the E3 trailer we saw him running with, since we know it can't be Stella since Nomura confirmed Stella and Noctis' first meeting is the day Niflheim invades.

Luna = Old and busted arranged marriage for Noctis
Stella = New hotness

Edge7
09-18-2014, 04:37 AM
That sounds likely.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-18-2014, 05:06 AM
Maybe Luna is the unnamed dark haired girl and Stella is the blonde? Luna doesn't necessarily have to be the girl in the trailer even though they were mentioned in close proximity of eachother.

Sephiroth
09-18-2014, 05:21 AM
Maybe they are siblings. Stella wears Star earrings and Luna might be the one with the Moon necklace. Or maybe it is just one person. The front hair looks the same and the face anyway as well so it does not just need to be a relative.

Colonel Angus
09-18-2014, 05:21 AM
The new chick looks like a Fox News Correspondent.

Edge7
09-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Welp, no way I can unsee that

Ayen
09-18-2014, 07:57 AM
I hope that isn't Stella. If it is, not only do I prefer her old design better, I prefer her old name as well.

Jinx
09-18-2014, 01:32 PM
Probably sisters. Stella and Luna are themed names, and those two characters look really similar without being the same (the nose and the eyebrows).

metagloria
09-18-2014, 02:53 PM
773-202-LUNA!

I think you meant

877-241-LUNA!

Sephex
09-19-2014, 01:03 AM
773-202-LUNA!

I think you meant

877-241-LUNA!

Chicago.

Sephiroth
09-19-2014, 11:43 PM

That is Stella by the way. She was redesigned.

Fynn
09-20-2014, 06:09 AM
How do you know?

Sephiroth
09-20-2014, 06:20 AM
Look at my name. I am the Chosen One.

Tetsuya Nomura wanted to make her prettier so he resigned her.

Fynn
09-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Where's your hard empirical data to prove that thesis?

Ayen
09-20-2014, 07:51 AM
While I wouldn't put it pass Nomura to make such a stupid move, citation needed.

Sephiroth
09-20-2014, 08:03 AM
Source: http://finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=4865

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140920/53uh6tkp.jpg

Not that it makes that much of a difference. I saw Stella easily in that face and thought either it is her or a sister or something like that.

I do not know of three versions of Stella so the 2007 seems to be the same one we have known for a long time and the change seems to have been made earlier than we know. In the Trailer I got in 2009 with the Final Fantasy XIII trailer she still had her old face. The appearance in the newest trailer also is said to be Stella herself.

I am actually searching the web now for trailers and stuff from last year so we know more about it.

EDIT: A redesign really seems to have been shown one year ago already.

Fynn
09-20-2014, 08:06 AM
Well true, but the interview you linked interns the E3 2013 trailer. Since then, the character designs don't seem to have changed and this girl looks different enough to be Stella's sister.

Colonel Angus
09-20-2014, 08:10 AM
I've noticed all the changes to the Stella character, too. The one that graces our FFXV theme background is a lot different than all the other images of her. This one makes her look like a kid, whereas the others make her look more mature.

I've tried looking up something about this & only found random thoughts. A lot of people think Luna & Stella are either the same or sisters (as some do here). Others say Luna is actually the dark-haired girl, while others say the dark-haired girl is "Himefu". FFWiki still has the dark-haired girl as "Unknown". The general consensus is that Luna is connected w/ Noctis, possibly as a love interest.

Of course, that's all nerd speculation.

Sephiroth
09-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Well true, but the interview you linked interns the E3 2013 trailer. Since then, the character designs don't seem to have changed and this girl looks different enough to be Stella's sister.

I don't get your point here. It just means she was redesigned earlier than just last week. And when she was redesigned she could have retained some of her old traits but gotten new ones as well which can be very well the reason why she has that "sister" feeling for us. There are also flashbacks in the story so we don't know when the time of that picture actually is - though it is possibly in their present.

I know of the old trailer where Stella and Noctis meet - with Noctis in a suit. It is possible that for a while she called herself Luna and even had that necklace. That is just pure speculation, however.

By the way, the two front page pictures both totally look like her. That is she redesigned already. And a way older version (a few years ago) looked a bit more different. So the new picture from last year is the one Edge7 used for comparison and that was the one people used to notice a resign first. And I personally can totally see her in the new trailer just a bit more "styled". I also do not look the same all the time. The trailer version is probablly even ingame (which would be wow) and that is a difference as well. Graphics might also have been polished.

What is sure is that she got that redesign from one year ago. And when it comes to the new trailer I cannot see any more difference than my face has in certain situations. Notice that even I mentioned a slight difference on page 1 and that they could have been siblings. But for me this seems more something of having make up or whatever makes the same face look a bit different. When I remembered that they redesigned her and saw her and not to mention the front hair and all it all made sense. Another revelation would cause confusion for sure. That new picture is even known as Stella by people now.

Fynn
09-20-2014, 08:42 AM
My point was that that interview neither confirms or denied that this character is a redesigned Stella. I'm just saying at this point we don't know and it could go both ways :monster:

Sephiroth
09-20-2014, 09:04 AM
My point was that that interview neither confirms or denied that this character is a redesigned Stella.

Yes it does confirm it. It exactly confirms Stella has been redesigned to what we know of her since almost one year know and that new picture looks like almost no different from that one picture we got 1 year ago. I searched for redesign quotes because of those almost non-existant differences of the two pictures at first and then remembered that actually she has been redesigned as she looked more different before. The differences we think to see could easily be from mentioned reasons or unmentioned ones. I have also seen the same character in Final Fantasy before who seemed to look slightly different in another scene. The only other thing that might be reasonable is a twin and that is still the same face. So the "picture is a resigned Stella" of mine does no longer need to be taken as just the first one shown by Edge7 but can be understood for both (which I assumed anyway since the day I wrote the first post in here). Both faces are those of a redesigned Stella - or maybe a twin. Forget what you might think of as a second redesign. I did not actually mean a second one. I could also say now people wouldn't already upload the picture and call it Stella's new picture but that is a dumb argument because people actually do such stuff.

Fynn
09-20-2014, 09:07 AM
I get it. Still, this new pic looks a bit different from the 2013 pic to me, to the point that I am still inclined to believe that might not be Stella. I can of course be dead wrong in assuming that.

Sephiroth
09-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Let's just forget it. As I said, even I somehow can see a few differences but that they easily can come from polishing, ingame graphics, another angle, make up or whatever but in the end Square might actually have tricked us anyway and she really is little sister or whatever.

I just read that someone noticed Prompto also looked different from before - something I did not pay attention to yet because they don't interest me right now. So maybe there actually were some tiny changes to the end. I guess how many changes and their meanings exist, are yet to be seen.

Freya
09-20-2014, 07:47 PM
They did redesign her. That was the redesign we saw in the E3 2013 trailer. Not this trailer. The interview refers to her look then. Not this character. It could be her redesigned but they haven't confirmed it.

So there is no confirmation that it is Stella.

Heck it could be stella calling herself Luna and still be Stella. We don't know!

Aulayna
09-20-2014, 08:50 PM
This is the redesign that interview is referring too:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/10c0e8e11115e71b61e14bed9dd65b35/tumblr_msly70K7J01rqldd7o1_400.png

The interview was in regards to the changes to Stella between Versus XIII and the trailer shown at E3 2013.

Pumpkin
09-24-2014, 06:09 PM
http://squareportal.net/2014/09/24/the-girl-in-final-fantasy-xv-tgs14-trailer-is-not-stella/

Fynn
09-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Called it.

FFFFsephychibi
09-24-2014, 06:15 PM
AAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YESS!!! STELLA STILL EXISTS!!!!!! :)

Pumpkin
09-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Ohmigosh did I just break news? Oh this is so exciting for me :omgomg:

FFFFsephychibi
09-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Ohmigosh did I just break news? Oh this is so exciting for me :omgomg:

You did for me!!! First I've heard of it ahhhh!!!

Freya
09-24-2014, 06:21 PM
GOOD JOB, SHION! YES. This means more important ladies! YAY

Hannibal_Khan
09-24-2014, 07:16 PM
This says she's a new character. Not stella

https://twitter.com/ExeForce87/status/514816393129107456/photo/1

Freya
09-24-2014, 07:22 PM
TWINNNSSSSS, well I want it to be twins.

Fynn
09-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Most likely. Otherwise they'd have to be clones. It'd be stupid if she turned out to just be an identical stranger.

Jinx
09-24-2014, 07:28 PM
They're different enough to just be regular sisters, but probably twins, yeah.

I figured they were different characters since their names followed a theme.

fat_moogle
09-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Hannibal did you even read the article Shion posted? xD

Thanks for the news! I didn't ever think she was Stella to begin with, but it's nice to have confirmation.

FFFFsephychibi
09-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Most likely. Otherwise they'd have to be clones. It'd be stupid if she turned out to just be an identical stranger.

Maybe she is Stella's nobody................... Ohhhhhh Nomura....

Fynn
09-24-2014, 07:35 PM

Maybe FFXV IS KHIII's Nobody!

:onoes:

FFFFsephychibi
09-24-2014, 07:43 PM

Maybe FFXV IS KHIII's Nobody!

:onoes:

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!!! I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING FISHY WHEN THEY CLAIMED HOW THE PLOT WAS SIMPLE FOR FFXV.

FFFFsephychibi
09-25-2014, 06:15 AM
Also

http://i.imgur.com/F8cRFut.jpg

Some super observant person on the internet made this connection, that luna in the tgs trailer 2014 is in the same room as noctis in the e3 2013 trailer. Not at the same time but y'all get me :P

Also, does this possibly mean this city is altissia, not accordo?????

Fynn
09-25-2014, 06:19 AM
Or maybe they mentioned her waiting there but that scene did not necessarily reflect that and instead was a flashback to their previous meeting in Accordo? :monster:

FFFFsephychibi
09-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Yeah :D!!! I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of flash backs.....

Freya
09-25-2014, 03:31 PM
or maybe the road trip is first then when he gets there it's all WAR BATTLE OMG and that's the first act of the game.

Prompto Argentum
09-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Sisters? ...maybe :o