PDA

View Full Version : So, I've finished the main quest. Now what?

jlenoconel
09-20-2014, 09:02 AM
I finished the main quest of Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn tonight. Wasn't very challenging as it seemed like most of the other members on my team did most the work and I just sat and watched cut scenes for the most part. Surely though, that isn't the end of the game though is it? What is all this end game content people keep on talking about?

Aulayna
09-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Yeah The Praetorium isn't really that difficult, it's just a fun climax.

As for what to do now.

Well if you go back to the Waking Sands (the hideout of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn in Eastern Thanalan) the main storyline will actually continue with the content added in 2.1-2.3 which will pit you against primals such as Good King Moggle Mog XII, Leviathan and Ramuh.

Beyond this you can also start the quest chain to get your Relic Weapon from Gerralt in the North Shroud. Once obtained there's a very lengthy quest chain to upgrade it even further.

There is also the side story questline to unlock the Crystal Tower and Syrcus Tower, these are raids that you can get some sweet gear from.

Eventually once you've got some gear you can also set foot in the Binding Coil of Bahamut to get better gear and learn the story of what happened to Bahamut, and then if you're successful (and can find a static group) enter the Second Coil of Bahamut to continue with that (and eventually Third Coil of Bahamut once patch 2.4 is out)

Generally just focus on unlocking all of the dungeons, the Hard Mode and Extreme Mode primals and getting Allagan Tomestones of Mythology and Soldiery to buy better gear. Start with the Waking Sands, and also the quests in Mor Dhona and go from there. :)

Aside from that there is also the Frontlines for Player Versus Player action, and also crafting and gathering. You can also level up other jobs too, to try them out.

jlenoconel
09-20-2014, 01:14 PM
I don't understand how the final main quests were so easy. I literally spent the final quest watching cut scenes because everyone had gotten a little ahead of me. What should have been the hardest part of the game ended up being the easiest.

I would like to take my paladin character as far as I can take him. It wouldn't be very satisfying if the game ended the way it did at the final quest I played last night.

Thanks for the advice :)

Night Fury
09-20-2014, 01:19 PM
I enjoyed the last few dungeons BECAUSE they were easy. I really hate stressing and finding things too difficult. Getting to that stage and passing those dungeons felt like the game was rewarding me for working hard with everything else they threw at me!

There's lots more hard dungeons you can unlock now - as well as more primals being added, new Ninja class coming soon... Try out some other jobs, collect Tomestones, do hunts, you can do Crystal Tower/Syracus Tower and looooads of other things. Bahamut as was mentioned. The story is constantly being continued with the release of each patch so in between the patches just level a new class or something :)

jlenoconel
09-20-2014, 01:27 PM
OK. Is it hard to find the best weapons in the game, or weapons that are at least level 50? I have leveled some other classes a little bit but really want to work on getting the best out of paladin at the moment e.g. best armor/weapons etc.

I didn't mind the final part of the game being easy, but it was a little too easy. I'm not the best tank in the world, although I try, so it was a relief not to have to worry about that so much.

So far I've (somewhat) leveled conjurer and marauder out of the other classes. Are there any other classes that would be helpful to use in conjunction with my main class?

Night Fury
09-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Conjurer is really the main one that goes with Paladin, but it's always worth playing other ones too. With Thaumaturge you can unlock the ability Swiftcast which is handy!

Now you've finished the main quest, Nedrick in Vesper Bay will set you on your Relic Quest which will essentially be your 'best weapon' :) there's lot of dungeons and primals to do. It's a fun quest!

Jessweeee♪
09-21-2014, 05:05 AM
Often when you do those last two quests through DF you end up with high ilvl people doing speed runs. It's not unheard of for people to get kicked out for watching cutscenes on that last one. I had to go in with a couple of Fat Chocobos that stayed behind with me while I watched them when it was my turn. I try to do the same for people when I see that they need it :(

jlenoconel
09-21-2014, 09:22 AM
For me, as much of a help I probably wasn't being, there was no way I was skipping my endgame cut scenes lol. Sucked that I didn't get to do the actual battles, but ah well.

I haven't discovered certain things for the game like fat chocobos, so don't actually know what they do.

futsuriai
09-22-2014, 09:06 PM
This thread on reddit seems perfectly tailored to answer your questons :) https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2a8mmn/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_23/

Markus. D
09-22-2014, 09:47 PM
it's a very capable, and satisfying (depending on your MMO preferences) gear treadmill. with little bits of development here and there.

Night Fury
09-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Fat Chocobos is the name of our Free Company on Sargatanas!

jlenoconel
09-28-2014, 05:27 AM
My sword is like a level 46 sword. It sucks. Not sure what to do as its hard to progress with such a crappy weapon.

OK, I figured out how to start my relic quest so I'm OK now. Was a bit confused there for a minute. Will have to figure stuff out as I go along I guess.

One thing I'm confused on is attaching materia to a weapon. I have the weapon and materia I need to make the weapon I want, but don't know how to go about combining both.

jlenoconel
09-29-2014, 03:22 PM
:)

Night Fury
09-29-2014, 03:51 PM
what you need to do is meld the materia. If you have a class like weaver or alchemist at level 20 you can do this, if not you can request someone to meld for you.

jlenoconel
09-29-2014, 04:39 PM
what you need to do is meld the materia. If you have a class like weaver or alchemist at level 20 you can do this, if not you can request someone to meld for you.

I thought blacksmith melded materia to weapons. I wouldn't mind leveling another class to 20, but thought you had to be level 50 to meld stuff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1mdgj7/couldnt_meld_materia_into_my_weapon_for_the_relic/

Night Fury
09-29-2014, 04:45 PM
No not at all. You have to be level 50 to make the weapon you need to start your relic, but at level 20 you can meld anything I think as long as you have the right Grade catalyst.

Unless of course it needs to be that your crafting level has to be the same level as the item you're trying to meld - which it could be, in that case you'll have to ask someone in game to help you with it.

jlenoconel
09-29-2014, 04:52 PM
No not at all. You have to be level 50 to make the weapon you need to start your relic, but at level 20 you can meld anything I think as long as you have the right Grade catalyst.

Unless of course it needs to be that your crafting level has to be the same level as the item you're trying to meld - which it could be, in that case you'll have to ask someone in game to help you with it.

I will probably ask someone. The one thing I'm afraid of, depending on how the meld works, is someone running off with my weapon and materia. Don't know how much of a risk there is of that.

o_O
09-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Ok well the way I recommend doing it from your current position is this:

1. Do your relic quest up to Hydra; by this stage you'll be wielding an i55 weapon.

2. Go and talk to Urianger in the Waking Sands, and unlock Ifrit hard mode, which drops i60 weapons. These days, most people doing Ifrit HM either already have all the Iffy weapons, or don't care to get any more because they're already using i110 weapons. So the first time you see your sword drop, you'll likely win.

3. Similarly, after Ifrit HM, you can unlock Garuda HM, for easy i70 drops.

4. You can get i80 weapons from Titan, but when you beat that fight you basically have your i80 relic anyway.

jlenoconel
09-29-2014, 05:20 PM
...is if I can trust people to make a sword for me without being dishonest. Like, is there a lot of dishonesty in the game I guess I'm asking? If I could get someone reputable to make a weapon I'll be fine. I've already bought all the materials.

o_O
09-30-2014, 10:21 AM
I think most people would be completely honest in the game. Within the FC I'd say there's almost zero chance of being swindled.

jlenoconel
10-08-2014, 08:42 AM
I got the cutlass sorted out but now don't have enough money to get the rest of my armor lol. I guess I'll be working to level my other classes. Been leveling conjurer lately so its all good.

Thanks for help guys.