PDA

View Full Version : ~My First MMO Journey~

Pumpkin
09-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks so much to everyone for answering my questions in the other thread. Now that I'm sure I like the game, and would lie to continue, I'll make this thread so I can write my general impressions, thoughts, and questions.

So I have 3 characters in 3 areas that are 3 different jobs. For now I am enjoying playing this way and I know I can switch them jobs and such but for now since I'm still getting in the swing of things, I'm going to keep it like this. We'll see how it goes when I get more comfortable. I see I will need to change to get the higher tier classes, but since I'm at such a low level, I won't worry about that now.

They are at levels 10-11 and I finished the first "boss" fight with each. I heard you can get job things like weaver and stuff and I would like to do that but I don't think I can yet? I tried one and it told me I had to do level 10 story quest or something?

Anyway, I have a human girl names October Spice who is an archer. I really like the starting location here the most of the three. I have a Lalafell(?) named Pumpkin Contrary who is a thaumaturge, which is the class I enjoy using the most, although she really can't take a hit. Then I have Autumn Maple who is a Miqo'te who is an Arcanist. I love the Carbuncle and wish I could carry it around. Playing the other two characters after this one feels kind of lonely :P

What does it mean when people have the chair symbol next to their name?

I'm having fun so far! The only negative is it's hard to read because my TV is too small

Night Fury
09-20-2014, 05:15 PM
If someone has a chair next to them, they are AFK.

Mirage
09-20-2014, 05:35 PM
are you sure you can't increase the text size? I think you can on the PC.

Pumpkin
09-20-2014, 06:16 PM
I couldn't find a way to on the PS3

Pumpkin
09-23-2014, 04:02 AM
Everyone is now up to Level 13 and I just finished my second boss fight with each, which was considerably easier than the first boss fight. I won't complain if they're all like that (they won't be)

I also gave them all trades, which they have reached level 7 in. October is a Carpenter (I think?), Pumpkin is a Weaver, and Autumn is a Culinarian.

I'm really loving the game, I'm surprised. Even sharkson is getting in to it, although lazily because he keeps asking me to level up his character for him (I refused. Three is enough)

I have also been making more characters and deleting them just for funsies to see what cute character designs I can come up with.

o_O
09-23-2014, 12:54 PM
You can scale your UI elements on PS3 by opening a window and pressing R3. It'll cycle the window through several size presets.

Pumpkin
09-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Oh thank you!

Pumpkin
09-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Here are some pictures :monster:

October Spice, Archer & Carpenter

Pumpkin Contrary, Thaumaturge & Weaver

Autumn Maple, Arcanist & Culinarian

chionos
09-28-2014, 04:12 AM
Woot. I'm glad you're enjoying it, Shi. As I said in sharky's thread, anytime you see me on and would like some help or just someone to kill monsters with, hit me up. I'm not high enough level or experienced enough in the game to be as helpful as the others, but I'll do what I can.

Pumpkin
10-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks chionos!

So I was out of town and didn't play. I ordered a 60 day game card from amazon. I'm not super sure how they work but hopefully I will figure it out. Those still count for 60 days even if I play more than once during a day right? I suppose so or it would be a 60 plays card not a 60 days card

Will play this some more soon~

Scotty_ffgamer
10-06-2014, 05:21 PM
It will last until 60 days after you activated the card! If you log on multiple times in a day, that doesn't matter. Consequently, if you don't log in for several days, those days still count.

Edit: We should group up sometime if we're ever online at the same time. I get confused with who is who when I'm online, but I'm just Scotty Ffgamer so it will be easy to figure out who I am.

Loony BoB
10-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Scotty, at the top of the Fat Chocobos Facebook page (I assume you're still in it!) is a link (http://goo.gl/7j3wEg) that will explain who's who in case you find yourself forgetting. It's based on the active members in the Fat Chcoobos linkshell, so naturally some people who have stopped playing (and thus were removed to make space in the LS) and those that have yet to join the LS won't be detailed. We still need to get Autumn Maple and October Spice in there. :o shion, bug a leader when you're online!

Pumpkin
10-07-2014, 12:43 PM
I figured since its so tight on space, I just need the one character in there anyway

Also, reading all this XIV stuff has gotten me very in the mood to play the game x)

Scotty_ffgamer
10-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I just caught that a moment ago. That is useful, BoB!

Pumpkin
10-11-2014, 06:57 PM
I have another question. It says to get the higher jobs you need a level 30 x and a level 15 x (depending on the job). So let's say I want a Black Mage, it says I need a level 30 Thaumaturge and a level 15 Archer. Do I have to do these in a specific order, like do the Archer first or the Thaumaturge first, or does that not matter?

chionos
10-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Nope, doesn't matter. Just have them at those levels and the quest to unlock Black Mage will come available to you. You can bounce back and forth all you want. Get one all the way, then the other, whatever you want to do.

Pumpkin
10-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Oki so some update, I am getting all 3 characters up to level 20 in their main attack job thingies (I don't know proper terms yet, sorry) and I have each of their crafting ones up to level 15. Next I'm doing more main storyline which I think means airship pass, which means I'll be able to get their second battle jobs (which are pugilist, archer, and thaumaturge, if I remember correctly) and I'm also going to get them a second crafting job.

So I think my schedule will go something like this:
-All up to level 20
-Start 2nd craft, get to level 5
-Do main storyline quests until I get airship tickets
-Do level 20 guild quests
-Get second battle classes
-Get to level 5 second battle classes

Those are the next short term goals

Scotty_ffgamer
10-14-2014, 09:39 PM
I don't think I've done any crafting stuff in the game. I should look into that.

Loony BoB
10-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Oki so some update, I am getting all 3 characters up to level 20 in their main attack job thingies (I don't know proper terms yet, sorry) and I have each of their crafting ones up to level 15. Next I'm doing more main storyline which I think means airship pass, which means I'll be able to get their second battle jobs (which are pugilist, archer, and thaumaturge, if I remember correctly) and I'm also going to get them a second crafting job.

So I think my schedule will go something like this:
-All up to level 20
-Start 2nd craft, get to level 5
-Do main storyline quests until I get airship tickets
-Do level 20 guild quests
-Get second battle classes
-Get to level 5 second battle classes

Those are the next short term goals
Definitely go crazy with quests (particularly story quests), they're the fastest way to level up your first job, they unlock all parts of the game such as grand companies/dyes/material/dances and they often give you gear as a reward, too. Win-win-win!