PDA

View Full Version : Supergirl

Colonel Angus
09-21-2014, 03:18 AM
http://www.zimbio.com/TV+News/articles/UhaH9dD59fg/Girl+Power+Supergirl+Flies+CBS+Series+Commitment

CBS has already committed to a new series on Supergirl. Who would you like to see play the titular role?

Ayen
09-21-2014, 03:35 AM
Jesus. They really are going all out with DC shows these days. I'm excited, but have no idea who I'd want in the role. Apart from Chloe Mortez, but she's a movie star and people probably wouldn't be able to look pass her role as Hit-Girl.

Shorty
09-21-2014, 07:27 AM
I want a fresh, unfamiliar face.

Also, I, for one, welcome the influx of DC shows cropping up. I believe this is the only female lead superhero show in production right now, and I really smurfing hope it makes way for a Wonder Woman reboot sometime soon.

also shameless plug I wrote an article about the show here (http://www.mediaformisfits.com/2014/09/supergirl-coming-to-cbs-near-you.html?m=1)

Depression Moon
09-22-2014, 01:33 AM
Does supergirl even have her own villains or does she just steals Superman's?

Ayen
09-22-2014, 10:18 AM
Also, I, for one, welcome the influx of DC shows cropping up.

Never meant to imply I thought it was a bad thing, I'm just genuinely surprised so many of them are popping up in such a short time span outside of cartoons. I grew up during a time where the only live action TV adaptions of comic books were Lois & Clark, Mutant X, Birds of Prey (anyone here remember Birds of Prey?), and Smallville. Then Arrow comes along, becomes a surprise success and I'm still amazed they actually let the Flash have his costume for his show. Smallville unfortunately made me used to my superheros avoiding their costumes.

Makes me wonder if this is DC's answer to all the Marvel movies being made these days. If I had to choose I think I prefer comic books be adapted into television series since they'd have more time to go into the stories that way. I have no idea how I'm going to keep up with all these shows. I'm going to need Tivo.

Shorty
09-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Oh, I didn't think you were implying that. And I do think it is their subtle response to Marvel's films.

Del Murder
09-22-2014, 07:52 PM
I like the idea though how do you do a Supergirl show without Superman? How are they going to handle Superman?

With Gotham they can get away with not having Batman since it is in the past, but Supergirl doesn't exist on Earth before Superman, unless they make up a new story for her.

And yes I would prefer if a relatively unknown actress portrayed Supergirl.

Colonel Angus
09-23-2014, 12:21 AM
Superman could be mentioned in passing. He's not required to be present.

Supergirl has 3 main villains, DM: Montly Visitor, Acne, & Biology Homework.

Ayen
09-23-2014, 12:38 AM
I wonder which version of Supergirl they'll be going for. If it's the New 52 I do hope they at least give her pants. Her shield underwear is the only issue I have with the new costume.

Colonel Angus
09-23-2014, 12:40 AM
I wonder which version of Supergirl they'll be going for. If it's the New 52 I do hope they at least give her pants. Her shield underwear is the only issue I have with the new costume.
Are you the guy who gave WW pants? :mad:

Ayen
09-23-2014, 12:45 AM
Are you the guy who gave WW pants? :mad:

Yeah. Test me and she'll be in a full body suit covered from head to toe :stare:

Colonel Angus
09-24-2014, 01:22 AM
Someone should send this to the producersS3GSzYDbYek

Shiny
09-24-2014, 02:22 AM
There is a girl I would like to see play her but I can't remember her name. ;__; she was Eurasian.

And I want Dean Cain back to play Superman eventhough he's a terrible actor. I just want Euarasian people to play random super heroes.

Dr Unne
09-26-2014, 09:33 PM
And I want Dean Cain back to play Superman eventhough he's a terrible actor.

He's also 48 now.

Colonel Angus
09-26-2014, 10:09 PM

He's also 48 now.
He could play her dad.

Raistlin
09-28-2014, 01:56 PM

I loved Lois & Clark growing up, but I am still compelled to ask: why?