PDA

View Full Version : Just stopping by.

Momiji
09-21-2014, 08:42 PM
I see y'all finally started allowing 100x100 avatars. Like I had been suggesting all the time back in the day. ;)

What have I missed?

Psychotic
09-21-2014, 08:53 PM
You suggested 96x98 avatars you awful man, don't even try to pretend :colbert:

Momiji
09-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Only as a mere concession to staff pressure! I was all about wanting things to get done that I was willing to at least swallow my pride a little.

A little.

Mirage
09-21-2014, 11:59 PM
Where have you been i've missed you.

Actually I missed you so much that i developed an intense hatred towards you for not being around so just get lost again ok bye

Shorty
09-22-2014, 12:10 AM
Well hello there! Nice to see you again!

Momiji
09-22-2014, 01:03 AM
Where have you been i've missed you.

Actually I missed you so much that i developed an intense hatred towards you for not being around so just get lost again ok bye

It's fine, I'm so inconsistent with forums these days that I'll probably disappear again soon. :P

Well hello there! Nice to see you again!

It has been some time, hasn't it? Hello!

Also god did I really register here in March 2005? It will have been ten years in a few months.

Tavrobel
09-22-2014, 01:29 AM
something something terrorism something something

Vyk
09-22-2014, 01:43 AM
Also god did I really register here in March 2005? It will have been ten years in a few months.
It was a good time to register..

Momiji
09-22-2014, 01:56 AM
something something terrorism something something

You know you missed me.

It was a good time to register..

Apparently so!

So what's new these days? I kinda wanna catch up with everyone, so.

Tavrobel
09-22-2014, 02:56 AM
You know you missed me.

I talked to you last month on MAL.

dafuq

Vyk
09-22-2014, 03:05 AM
I don't know how long you've been gone. But notable changes in my life is having a house fire and catching a girlfriend who evolved into a fiancee. But I didn't announce that on the forums at all. So you didn't miss that here. Everyone missed that, I suppose lol But there it is

Momiji
09-22-2014, 03:25 AM
You know you missed me.

I talked to you last month on MAL.

dafuq

You really did miss me :love:

I don't know how long you've been gone. But notable changes in my life is having a house fire and catching a girlfriend who evolved into a fiancee. But I didn't announce that on the forums at all. So you didn't miss that here. Everyone missed that, I suppose lol But there it is

"Ouch" and "congratulations", respectively!

Ayen
09-22-2014, 03:27 AM
It wasn't easy getting the avatars to 100x100. We had to travel across the world and destroy the four fiends Garland set loose. Lost a lot of good people in the Fiends War of 2008 :(

I believe you were before my time. So, hello.

Momiji
09-22-2014, 03:33 AM
I stopped being super active near the end of 2008, actually. I suppose I was one of the lost, but more like MIA I guess :shobon:

~*~Celes~*~
09-22-2014, 03:37 AM
Justin! I have been thinking about you! I've missed you!

Uhm, well, I got engaged...then married...then had a baby boy...and just had another baby boy. The first baby, Peter, will be 2 in November. Benjamin is a month old :) 2 year wedding anniversary coming up October 11th!

*super hugs* hope life is treating you well!

Also, you should know that BoB now owns EoFF, so really be careful that he doesn't collect your hair!

Momiji
09-22-2014, 03:46 AM
Justin! I have been thinking about you! I've missed you!

Uhm, well, I got engaged...then married...then had a baby boy...and just had another baby boy. The first baby, Peter, will be 2 in November. Benjamin is a month old :) 2 year wedding anniversary coming up October 11th!

Kari! What a long time it's been. In fact I think the last time I heard from you, you had told me you had the first kiddo on the way. Glad to know it has been going well :D

*super hugs* hope life is treating you well!

It comes and goes. Right now it's very much not treating me well but I'm quite a bit different than I was a few years back. While stuff like this would have normally crushed me I just soldier on.

Also, you should know that BoB now owns EoFF, so really be careful that he doesn't collect your hair!

Not without a fight, he won't. :argh:

The Man
09-22-2014, 03:50 AM
Welcome back an' shit :monster:

Momiji
09-22-2014, 04:42 AM
It took me a few minutes to figure out what trout was a wordfilter for now.

Things really have changed :shifty:

The Man
09-22-2014, 04:56 AM
You could have just quoted my post :shobon:

Ayen
09-22-2014, 04:59 AM
I stopped being super active near the end of 2008, actually. I suppose I was one of the lost, but more like MIA I guess :shobon:

My random year selection triumphs again.

Momiji
09-22-2014, 05:00 AM
I would have, had I known that quoting would bypass the wordfilter. :P

<!-- do hidden comments still work -->

EDIT: No, no they do not. :(

Ayen
09-22-2014, 05:02 AM

There were hidden comments?

You must tell me more of EoFF great past.

Quindiana Jones
09-22-2014, 01:22 PM
I... I know your face... *touches face*

Tavrobel
09-22-2014, 06:33 PM

nice joke i like jokes

Momiji
09-22-2014, 06:36 PM
I... I know your face... *touches face*

Such a lovely place. Such a lovely face.

nice joke i like jokes

Don't you lie to me. I watched you thrash around in your sleep, in fitful fever dreams turned nightmares at the notion of never seeing me again.

Tavrobel
09-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Don't you lie to me. I watched you thrash around in your sleep, in fitful fever dreams turned nightmares at the notion of never seeing me again.

nice [insert craig owens band here] reference did you think of it yourself

Momiji
09-22-2014, 06:51 PM
I actually did. If Craig Owens has already done it though pass it to me, I'll probably dig it.

Tavrobel
09-22-2014, 06:56 PM
I don't know if he's done anything since D.R.U.G.S. Their album was okay. If you like his voice, it's a good listen but if you liked his Chiodos-era lyric-crafting, you might be a little disappointed, aside from the track titles.

Momiji
09-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Well I know Chiodos released Devil earlier this year and that was pretty okay-- nowhere near as good as the past stuff was though. But then again my knowledge of what Owens was doing between Bone Palace Ballet to today is very sparse.

Freya
09-22-2014, 07:06 PM
I changed my name from Lekana to Freya back.... in... like.... 2009? or 8 I don't remember. I've now been Freya for far longer. And i've been on staff for like 2 or 3 years? I was one of the first "editors". Full staff access and full article prometage-ing? I produce site content if i'm not lazy. Usually I just do news.

BoB owns EoFF now.

We finally convinced BoB to let us change the default skin.

We finally convinced BoB to let us have 100x100

We finally convinced BoB to let us move the FF subforum order.

We finally convinced BoB to let SSM and chat operators into staff

We do a lot of BoB convincing.

Agent Proto
09-22-2014, 07:08 PM

There were hidden comments?

You must tell me more of EoFF great past.

Hidden comments were possible when HTML was allowed. Now that they've been disabled and replaced with vbcodes, hidden comments are next to impossible to create.

Tavrobel
09-22-2014, 07:21 PM
Well I know Chiodos released Devil earlier this year and that was pretty okay-- nowhere near as good as the past stuff was though. But then again my knowledge of what Owens was doing between Bone Palace Ballet to today is very sparse.

DRUGS (2011) was okay.
Cinematic Sunrise (2008) was decent, but its very much pop flavored with the major piano usage.
Isles and Glaciers (2010) is like activating godmode with a Goldeneye cheat code.

I don't really count Sound of Animals Fighting because all of the singers go out of their way to not sound like themselves.

And they disabled HTML.

The Man
09-22-2014, 07:40 PM
By the way, you can still do hidden comments. [!]You just can't use HTML to do them, because they disabled it.[/!] Quote my post for a demonstration. :monster:

Also, hi other people I haven't seen in awhile.

Del Murder
09-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Welcome back. While you were gone I got married, had twins, and they are both graduating college next year. I also bought EoFF for a $1 and then sold it to BoB for several thousand dollars.

Momiji
09-23-2014, 01:08 AM

DRUGS (2011) was okay.
Cinematic Sunrise (2008) was decent, but its very much pop flavored with the major piano usage.
Isles and Glaciers (2010) is like activating godmode with a Goldeneye cheat code.

I don't really count Sound of Animals Fighting because all of the singers go out of their way to not sound like themselves.

And they disabled HTML.

Huh. I'll have to check them out sometime then.

By the way, you can still do hidden comments. [!]You just can't use HTML to do them, because they disabled it.[/!] Quote my post for a demonstration. :monster:

Also, hi other people I haven't seen in awhile.

Aaaaaah, I get it. [!]Tavrobel is lying he really did miss me he really really did[/!]

Welcome back. While you were gone I got married, had twins, and they are both graduating college next year. I also bought EoFF for a $1 and then sold it to BoB for several thousand dollars.

You had twins?! I always know you'd be a proud mama one day :love:

(Seriously though, congrats)

Markus. D
09-23-2014, 01:41 AM
You were the guy who introduced me to Touhou and caused a flood of "[insert genre] set to [insert Touhou subtitle here]" youtube searches thus ruining my life. Thank you.

Momiji
09-23-2014, 01:49 AM
Always a pleasure to ruin lives.

(Sadly I'm not into Touhou as much as I used to be.)

Tavrobel
09-23-2014, 02:06 AM
All that needs to be known is that I showed him a video of a Starcraft 2 commentator pronouncing "Touhou" incorrectly and shits were flipped.

Also, update your MAL more often.

Momiji
09-23-2014, 02:11 AM
That "carpet bomb update" pretty much has been everything I've watched over the past years though. I don't really follow stuff as it airs anymore (aside from Precure), though I really do need to catch up on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Sailor Moon Crystal.

Pretty much my fandom in Touhou has been replaced with Precure (which I've seen literally every episode of so far, over 500+) and mahou shoujo series in general. <_<;

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-23-2014, 04:02 AM
If Craig Owens has already done it though pass it to me, I'll probably dig it.

You're okay by me :up:

4mgW0QTZbiM

Shiny
09-23-2014, 11:46 PM
I remember you! I use to get you confused with Lone Wolf Leonhart.

Momiji
09-24-2014, 12:11 AM
I do have to ask why, though :O

Tavrobel
09-24-2014, 12:14 AM
Must be the taste in music.

Or worse, usernames.

Momiji
09-24-2014, 12:18 AM
I was thinking about asking for a name change to reflect my current (and much longer term) name these days, but I figured I'd wait a while before doing that since I'm remembered by this name instead.

Jessweeee♪
09-24-2014, 12:52 AM
the bastards took out HTML which I was pretty mad about for awhile but then I realized that I only used it to make smileys huge without rehosting them pre-hugified and there's a vbcode for that and then I forgot again and then I was reminded now I'm pretty ok except I think I've lost a lot of brain cells since you left so if I seem weird that's why

Momiji
09-24-2014, 01:10 AM
You aren't alone there, no worries.

Shiny
09-24-2014, 02:24 AM
I do have to ask why, though :O

You kind of looked the same back then. He was beardless.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-24-2014, 02:54 AM
"Those were the days."