PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever have cosmetic surgery?

Night Fury
09-23-2014, 11:10 AM
I don't know if I'd have anything done to my body, but I'd love to have dental implants. I hate my teeth and so I would love to have this done at some point. Maybe in a few more years I'll splash out and have it done.

What about you? What would you have done? Have you ever had anything?

And yes, it goes without saying anyway but no shaming people for their opinions. Cosmetic surgery is not a bad thing.

Ayen
09-23-2014, 11:40 AM
No. I don't want to have surgery period if I can help it.

Slothy
09-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Depends. Would replacing my limbs with superior Deus Ex style limbs count as cosmetic surgery?

noxious.sunshine
09-23-2014, 01:23 PM
I had the opportunity to have plastic surgery to have the scar on my face smoothed over (without having to pay for it), but I wasn't able to have it done for quite a few years, and then by the time I -was- old enough to make the decision, I wasn't bothered by having it anymore and just decided not to.

I'd like to have a breast reduction. And put the fat in my booty. :D

It's not surgery, but I want Botox in my forehead. I have this permanent wrinkle between my eyebrows from being pissed off so much over the years.

Pumpkin
09-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Nope, not for me

Freya
09-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Maybe my teeth. I hate my gap. Other than that, no.

Psychotic
09-23-2014, 04:50 PM
I can certainly afford it and I'm sure you can guess what I'd have done but I just can't justify that level of expenditure on anything other than a car or house. I've kind of learned that the people who are important don't really give a smurf how you look and besides, how long do any of us have before we start looking old and wrinkly and gross? It'll happen to everyone so I'm not worrying about it. Not that I'm trying to be condescending to anyone with body image issues and I appreciate it's not as easy as snapping your fingers and not caring, just sharing my own outlook.

Momiji
09-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Are you paying for it?

Then sure, why not :p

Mirage
09-23-2014, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't mind getting some prettier teeth, or a bit more hair on my head. I also have some (many) scars I want to get rid off, but I don't even know how realistic that is. In either case, all of this is out of my price range.

Loony BoB
09-23-2014, 05:07 PM
No. I am beautiful, no matter what they say. Words can't bring me down.

But seriously, I love myself for who I am, scars galore, big slightly wonky nose, boring hair, I don't care. I'm happy.

MissH
09-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Yep. I had rhinoplasty (nose job) about 6 years ago. When I was younger, a girl used to bully me. One day she pushed me into a concrete wall and it broke my nose. Since then I had a bump on the bridge on my nose that I HATED. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all people with bumps in the noses are ugly, but for me, I hated it. I had such low self confidence and felt like I looked like a man. I eventually made the decision at 20 to get it fixed. The surgeon filed down the bump on the bridge of my nose- he didn't touch any other part of it.

I have no regrets, so glad I had it done. Aside from terrible itchiness under the cast and going a bit crazy on mega strong pain killers, I had minimal amounts of pain.

Would I consider cosmetic surgery again? Hell yes. If I had the money, I'd be under the knife right now having a full body transformation!

Shiny
09-23-2014, 07:50 PM
I might have to get a nose job because of a broken bone in my nose. It depends if my breathing continues to get better. I really don't like surgery.

Aulayna
09-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Yes.

Shorty
09-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Yep. Would have laser treatment to remove some scars.

Also, will likely need dental implants in the future and it is one of The Big Things on my financial list to save for. Sucks because for the cost of it I could spend a few months traveling abroad, but it is what it is.

Shiny
09-23-2014, 09:48 PM
This will be Shorty in a few years:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/190/1279320416_3.jpg

Shorty
09-23-2014, 09:49 PM
;-;!!

is that mister ed

Crop
09-23-2014, 10:45 PM
No, I look too good already. The only thing worth considering would be my lip from where it was torn off, but it's hardly noticeable now, and when it is I enjoy making up cool stories about how it happened and then showing the pictures.

noxious.sunshine
09-23-2014, 11:16 PM

NOOOO. I love the gap. It's SO cute!

I had one, but it was huge. lol.. That shit -had- to go.

Shiny
09-23-2014, 11:43 PM
;-;!!

is that mister ed

Yes, that is what will happen to you if you get teeth implants

Moral of the story, your teeth are fine.

Colonel Angus
09-24-2014, 01:33 AM
I had my nose broke in HS & even though I tried to have it fixed, it's still dented on the the inside. I'd like to get that fixed, but that wouldn't really be cosmetic.

Did anyone here the story about the chick who got a 3rd boob?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-24-2014, 01:40 AM

Just get braces, KC.

If I ever find a younger picture of me I'll show it to you. I had a gap at one point, too.

Slothy
09-24-2014, 01:58 AM

My wife has a slight gap gaps are awesome never change!

Flaming Ice
09-24-2014, 02:27 AM
Maybe if the burn doesn't heal all the way...still healing, over a year....

Shiny
09-24-2014, 02:32 AM
But then you won't be flaming.

fire_of_avalon
09-24-2014, 03:53 AM
I am on Team keep the gap for the aborbs factor but whatever makes you happy.

I don't want plastic surgery but I would love a personal trainer. If I ever have an accident in the future I would probably get plastic surgery to get me back to normalish. Unless I had bad ass scars.

blackmage_nuke
09-24-2014, 04:04 AM
Probably wouldnt get cosmetic surgery unless I get a massive burn scar on my face or something. Im also missing two teeth but im happy to continue wearing dentures.

~*~Celes~*~
09-24-2014, 04:26 AM
I have extra bellly skin i would like to have taken off but will it ever happen? probably not.

noxious.sunshine
09-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Did anyone here the story about the chick who got a 3rd boob?

YES! I think it's fake. There's no possible way they were able to pull enough skin to make a 3rd boob in the middle like that and there are no incisions/scars around where it's attached. It's completely smooth.

http://jezebel.com/three-breasted-womans-3rd-boob-looks-fake-as-hell-in-vi-1638050219

There's also that article :D

Word on the street is, TMZ just busted her.. Apparently her bag got stolen and the police recovered it, did inventory, and found her boobs.. They're a prosthetic.

Chris
09-24-2014, 11:41 PM
To improve my teeth, yes, but other than that, I am pretty contend with my looks. 😃

Markus. D
09-25-2014, 05:53 AM
i want it for my nose. omg. my hand+arm has a scar fromtwo previous operations that i'd like to wash away. but then again that was a great year! i ate kfc many times and i LOVE kfc. without that scar i wouldn't have had the time.

Vasher
09-26-2014, 09:21 PM
I would say no, but I guess I already have. Eye surgery is considered to be "cosmetic". I hated the way my eyes felt after wearing contacts 16+ hours a day and though I didn't mind glasses, I always found a way to break them. What bugged me the most is that I couldn't (comfortably) wear contacts/glasses when camping. I always went swimming/fishing without them, it's hard to enjoy the beauty of God's country when you're "blind as a bat".

I think it's been 3 years now (maybe 4). I went to Alan Berg (bergfeinfield.com) and had CustomVue LASIK Intralase. My vision is now better than it ever was with glasses or contacts (20/15). I often forget that I ever had an issue. The best way that I can describe the difference is by referencing the scene in "Interview With A Vampire", when Louis (Brad Pitt) was describing what it was like to view the world with his "vampire eyes" for the first time. That is exactly how I felt.

Dr Unne
09-26-2014, 10:23 PM
There's not enough surgery in the world to make me look good. I'm a fan of the "I look weird but I'm OK with that" school of thought.

Flaming Ice
09-28-2014, 06:04 AM
But then you won't be flaming.

Haha there's enough heat from my job XD

Laddy
09-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Yes but only subtle ones. Slight more prominent cheekbones and a subtle nose job.

Yar
10-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Yes, absolutely.

krissy
10-14-2014, 05:39 AM
I would consider cosmic surgery

chionos
10-14-2014, 05:59 AM
Mmmmm, that pun was delicious.

To answer the question, no. I wouldn't know where to start for one thing. For another, I've seen what cosmetic surgery does to people, and it's not pretty. For another nother, I don't have the underlying structure to make anything worthwhile. You give a sculptor a block of marble, he can make David out of it. You give a sculptor a pile of dog poo, whatever you end up with, it's still dog poo.

Chibi Youkai
10-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Someday, I'd like to have Lasik or PRK done. Very tired of being blind, and can't stand contact lenses.

Shiny
10-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Lasik doesn't last forever. After a few years you'll need glasses/contacts again.

Chibi Youkai
10-17-2014, 10:49 PM
Yeah, but it can be touched up. And a few years of no glasses would still be worth it, I think.

Colonel Angus
10-18-2014, 06:13 AM
http://gameshowgarbage.com/Pictures/Tooncrap/Bart06.png

Vasher
10-18-2014, 11:03 AM
LASIK does last "forever" (it is intended as a permanent solution), but the stability of your prescription, the experience of your doctor, and the type of procedure determine the necessity for "touch ups".

PRK is an old procedure (is that even an option today?). The cornea is "filed down". Doesn't sound appealing. My optometrist had PRK done on one eye many years ago (a test), admitted that he regrets it.

If you can make the trip/are local, I would recommend going to Alan Berg. He even offers 0% financing. It is life changing (to say the very least).

Shiny
10-18-2014, 10:28 PM
It does not last forever. We can't control the fact that our eyes will all inevitably change and get worse as we age.

Leesin
10-21-2014, 03:08 AM
I have never had cosmetic surgery and I do not think about this. I am satisfied with my body and I love myself :)

Rowan
10-21-2014, 03:50 AM
I get tattooed a lot, does that count?

Iceglow
10-21-2014, 06:07 AM
For obvious reasons I'd get myself some dental implants done. It's ironic because I actively cost the NHS like 2 - 3 grand every 2 - 3 years at present and they won't fund the dental implant surgery even though over the course of an average human life span it'll save them in the region of a good hundred grand.

Beyond my teeth the only thing I'd truly consider is perhaps hair removal for some of the huge amount of hair my body has.