PDA

View Full Version : Day and Night Cycles in Final Fantasy XV

Freya
09-23-2014, 02:30 PM
http://squareportal.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/daynightcycle.jpg?w=1355

Darkness and the sun. Creepy crawlies come out at night, or you know lights and certain monsters. Yes there are day and night cycles in Final Fantasy XV! As you play the game you will experience the landscape changing depending on the time of day.

In the recent gameplay footage Hajime Tabata showed off, we saw the day and night cycle in its full glory. Take a look if you missed it!

a_nTAQtoy7g

For every 30 minutes in real time, a full day will pass. The landscape will change with the shadows and lighting. In the cities, city dwellers will turn on their lights in their homes. Some monsters can only be found in certain times as well. So sometimes it would be a good idea to rest or camp (http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php/3285-Camping-is-actually-a-thing-in-XV) during the day to be able to find those monsters that prowl at night.

Are you excited about the day and night cycles and their time frames?

Loony BoB
09-23-2014, 02:48 PM
I wonder if 30 minutes is a bit fast for those of us who might want to farm certain creatures, but I suppose we can just fast forward in a similar way to that in Elder Scrolls to ensure we're always prowling at a certain phase of the day.

I really like day/night cycles in games. If more than the lighting will change, even better. personally I'd love it if certain towns would be more active at certain points of the day, sort of like rush hour or something.

FFFFsephychibi
09-23-2014, 02:50 PM
It's like ocarina of time TuT!!!!!!

Freya
09-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I really like day/night cycles in games. If more than the lighting will change, even better. personally I'd love it if certain towns would be more active at certain points of the day, sort of like rush hour or something.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. They are trying to make things realistic, I wouldn't put it past them to make like a city that is alive at night.

Fynn
09-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Screw Ocarina of Time - it'll be like Xenoblade Cheonicles! :omgomg:

FFFFsephychibi
09-23-2014, 03:04 PM
AHAHAHAHA I forgot that mechanic was in xenoblade :X oops! Still, this is an exciting mechanic along with weather patterns :) Now all they need to do is add pokemon encounters from tall grass and it's -perfect-

Del Murder
09-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Sounds cool.

Pumpkin
09-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Day and night cycles can be fun

Mirage
09-23-2014, 05:11 PM
I like day/night cycles, but I really think 30 minutes is too fast. An hour would probably be better.

With half an hour, you probably wouldn't even have time to get amazed over the beautiful sunsets before they were gone.

Fynn
09-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Idk, I think Xenoblade had them at about 30 minutes as well and that was more than enough to take in the scenery.

Loony BoB
09-23-2014, 05:26 PM
I think it would be cool if there were an option to switch between 30 and 60 minute days.

Freya
09-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Well, some uh.. baddies, require days of attrition so you probably don't want to wait even longer... i should just write that article already.

SUPERBOSSES. (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/159396-Superbosses-will-be-in-XV)

Wolf Kanno
09-23-2014, 07:59 PM
I always chuckle when games seem to tote a mechanic that existed for years as something new. Granted this is new to the non-MMO FFs but I still have to chuckle about SE waiting 26 years to use a mechanic that DQIII utilized in NES era.

With my pretentious slam over, I will say that I enjoy this mechanic, especially in a game where I can explore so it is a happy inclusion for me.

Mirage
09-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Well, some uh.. baddies, require days of attrition so you probably don't want to wait even longer... i should just write that article already.

SUPERBOSSES. (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/159396-Superbosses-will-be-in-XV)

It's not too hard to adjust that for the longer days, if they just want to.

FFFFsephychibi
09-23-2014, 08:15 PM
I always chuckle when games seem to tote a mechanic that existed for years as something new. Granted this is new to the non-MMO FFs but I still have to chuckle about SE waiting 26 years to use a mechanic that DQIII utilized in NES era.

Reminds me of this a little ;)

TMYso30L9zI