PDA

View Full Version : Article: Superbosses will be in Final Fantasy XV

Freya
09-23-2014, 05:49 PM
http://static2.gamespot.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/1544/15443861/2660233-screenshot1.jpg

Remember that giant Adamantoise? Of course you do! He's in the new trailer (http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php/3265-NEW-TRAILER-OMG!!!!)! Well he's a superboss. Superbosses are back in Final Fantasy XV! Not that they left, but they are still included!

Superbosses have been in Final Fantasy for a long time such as the Emerald and Ruby Weapons in Final Fantasy VII, Ozma in Final Fantasy IX, and the Dark Aeons in Final Fantasy X, to name a few. The difference about this super boss is it will literally take you 15 actual hours to defeat him. Why is this? Well in an interview the director Hajime Tabata revealed the Day and Night cycles (http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php/3286-Day-and-Night-Cycles-in-Final-Fantasy-XV): for every 30 minutes, a full in-game day passes. This giant Adamantoise? It was revealed he will take 30 in-game days to defeat which equates to 15 real time hours. It must be a battle of attrition.

No details were revealed on how such a long fight would go but it definitely is a superboss if that's how long and difficult the battle will be.

What creature do you want as a Superboss? What are your thoughts about a 30 day battle to kill an enemy? Do you think 15 hours is excessive? Share your thoughts!

Aulayna
09-23-2014, 06:21 PM
15 hours? I'll believe it when I see it.

Fynn
09-23-2014, 06:31 PM
That sounds INCREDIBLY daunting.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-23-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm assuming this 15 hours thing would be broken up by doing other things. If not, I'll probably pass on this superboss. 15 hours for one monster just doesn't sound fun to me, haha.

Pumpkin
09-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Yeah I hope its broken up because there is no way I can sit in front of my TV for 15 hours fighting a boss. I was exhausted after a 4 hour boss battle with Mintia in Xenosaga the first time I did it (I've since gotten better at the game and can do it in much less time) so 15 hours is just... not for me.

Actually super bosses in general are not for me. I'll probably go around him and hope he doesn't notice me as has been my strategy for every giant thing in Xenoblade so far

Del Murder
09-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Yeah no way they will have a boss that requires you to sit there for 15 hours. More like it is 30 separate battles of half hour each that you can stagger. Maybe you eat up a little of its health every time and can run away to regroup.

Wolf Kanno
09-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Dammit SE, I thought we were pass super bosses like Yiazmat and Absolute Virtue. A 15 Hour boss fight isn't fun, it's tedious. Fuck you. :mad:

Freya
09-23-2014, 07:45 PM
It's probably what del said and you have to come back and hit it every day. If you do then his health will go down so much. If not it'll probably go back up or heal. It's a daily quest heh

Fynn
09-23-2014, 07:53 PM
That certainly makes sense considering your characters wouldn't last that long since they get tired.

chionos
09-23-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm guessing it's something like Yiazmat from FFXII. Tons of HP that never goes back up even after you break off fighting him, so you just take him down in chunks.

Personally, I like big baddies like this. It's one of the things I loved most about FFXI. As long as it's not 15 hours straight, I don't really see how it's any different than farming 15 hours of worth of regular mobs.

Pumpkin
09-23-2014, 08:08 PM
Giant enemies still intimidate the poop out of me though, even if it is broken up. It's nifty they have them to make the game more WOW but I'll still probably just try and avoid it because big enemies scare me

My weakness as a modern gamer

Colonel Angus
09-23-2014, 10:18 PM
This reminds me of Doom Gaze from FFVI & Angra Mainyu in Bikanel Desert in FFX-2. Once it reaches a certain damage level, it'll probably run off until you find it again.

Ayen
09-23-2014, 11:28 PM
15 hours?

http://i.imgur.com/86Xfkhp.png

Karifean
09-23-2014, 11:44 PM
15 hours? If this guy actually takes that long to kill that would be really disappointing. Yiazmat, even cutting battle time down to 2 to 2.5 hours, was already too long.

I've always loved superbosses in FF games and I'll gladly challenge the ones in FF XV. If there's anything comparable to the Via Infinito or Trial Mode bosses, I'm looking forward to it.

Sephiroth
09-23-2014, 11:52 PM
Maybe for the average guy. With Super Saiyajin Ultimate Level 99 Weapons and Limit Breaks it'll be 3 minutes.

Vyk
09-24-2014, 08:55 AM
I know you're being sarcastic, but it's still a good point. They probably are speaking in average end-game level. Like 60. It's probably a different story if you get your characters to 99 and max everything out. Then maybe they can go toe-to-toe with it in one battle that lasts just a few hours

Sephiroth
09-24-2014, 11:58 PM
I know you're being sarcastic, but it's still a good point. They probably are speaking in average end-game level. Like 60. It's probably a different story if you get your characters to 99 and max everything out. Then maybe they can go toe-to-toe with it in one battle that lasts just a few hours

A bit of both, sarcasm and being realistic. Just as multiple people can speedrun through a game - without glitches.

Markus. D
09-25-2014, 09:42 AM
i wonder how many different phases adamanaguchitoise will go through before its defeat.

FFFFsephychibi
09-25-2014, 03:16 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/XJQ3B2M7QTQ/maxresdefault.jpg

I have a feeling adamantoise is gonna be that hp bar x10.

Christmas
06-25-2022, 02:28 PM
Spamming Ragnarok Wrap Strike or that god damned ring took care of most superbossess for me. :bigsmile: