PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm excited for this game

Edge7
09-23-2014, 07:29 PM
So, this game's been a pretty controversial one. In between the all male boyband cast, the focus on action over turn based combat, the modern setting, the "road trip" feel of the game; it really feels like this shouldn't be a main series title.THAT BEING SAID, I CAN'T HELP BUT GET SUPER EXCITED FOR THIS GAME.Maybe it's because Tabata has been a lot more upfront (either the execs are letting him be, or Nomura was just really smurfing secretive), but whenever I hear something new, I get more excited. So, I can only say, here are some reasons:

1. THE SMURFING ROAD TRIP PRESENTATION

Now, let me elaborate, yes, a road trip is a linear journey to one destination. However, I'm not sure that's what Tabata meant. It could just as easily mean that the characters will have the chemistry of 4 good friends going on a huge adventure and they react to all the crazy trout that goes on around them; for instance how awesome would it be if while in the Falcon in FFVI, Celes, Edgar, and Setzer react to Doomgaze swooping by, before evading him, or Tifa suggesting they stop to take pictures of the Forgotten City. That'd be hype as hell! Just little details that characterize characters to the context of their outlandish surroundings. I don't necessarily think what Tabata said means that the entire adventure is just one straight line. It's too early to make that assumption guys.

2. Stamina system and the day-night cycle

This one's a bit more self explanatory. One of my favorite games of all time are the Gen 2 Pokemon games. I loved checking at different times for different pokemon, and seeing how the settings changed during the night. Also, the implementation of a stamina system sounds really cool; I love stuff like that.

3.The optional caves and woods literally littering the world map.

Has anyone here played Dragon's Dogma? If so, this game gives me the impression of a polished Dragon's Dogma experience. The ability to just wander the world map and find random minibosses and superbosses to fight is super exciting, as well as the ability to just find caves full of goblins or happen upon herds of Garulas. In fact, one of the coolest things about FFXII in my opinion was observing how the wildlife interact with each other, for instance, discovering that Giza rabbits would heal you after staying with them long enough, or how Wild Saurians will eat coyotes.

So, that's where I stand. Just thought I'd try to generate a bit more hype for this game, as the reception seems to be very mixed.

Freya
09-23-2014, 07:39 PM
I'm very much hyped for it. I am also excited for everything you listed! Yeah there wont be a playable female, which bums me a little bit, but it probably wouldn't work with the narrative if they just added a girl in to add them in.

I'm excited about the weather thing I haven't reported on yet!

And the scale of everything, like that is one huge ass turtle!

FFFFsephychibi
09-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Edge, I'm hyped, I whole heartily agree with your excitement. And I cannot wait to play this game after the long wait especially with all you've mentioned, those are very exciting things to look forward too!!!!

I'm not trying to be negative but there are a few things I really hope makes it into the final game and it will be perfect:

-The open world caves, forests, and environment, have things to find in them and a variety of s*** to do in them. (do not be destiny)
-Airship control eventually, and tank and magitek armor control. pleasepleasepleasePLEASE.
-The vague yet interesting story is still dark and tragic~~~~!!!!!
-Destructible environmentsssss!!!!!!!!!!!
-3RD PERSON shooting with prompto ;_;

HGGGHHHHHHHGHHGHGHHHH MAKE IT HAPPEN SQUAAREEEE!!!!!!!!

Edge7
09-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I guess if I could name one problem, it would be that any given character in FFXV could have very easily been written to be female, though I guess it could be worse. At least we know that there ARE important female characters, they're just not necessarily in the main party. Considering the popularity of characters like General Leo, the Turks, Seifer, Organization XIII and just about every ensemble character in FFXII, the fact that Stella/Luna's not playable isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Pumpkin
09-23-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm excited because it is a new RPG to play if I ever manage to get a PS4

Vyk
09-24-2014, 01:20 AM
The South Park game was a fantastic RPG that never had any intention of including female characters. And though I think it probably could have worked had the story went a little differently and just had Cartman make a lot more remarks regarding your gender or something it was acceptable since female characters weren't a big part of the show. They were a bunch of Calvins and Hobbes. It's how little boys generally are. and that was a good game. So I agree. That's about the only thing that makes me meh at it. Everything else still sounds as fantastic as ever. I'm still just as interested as I was after the E3 in which it was announced as XV. And like most people, I wouldn't want them shoe-horning in female characters just to make fans happy, because either they know they can't, or their story wasn't written that way, and making an artist change things for politically correct reasons will just water down the experience. Perhaps they feel they can't do it justice. So if they bent to pressure and did it and it was done wrong, that'd be on us for strong-arming them into doing it. So it is what it is. And it doesn't counter-balance everything awesome they keep revealing about this game. Doesn't counter-balance it at all

Del Murder
09-24-2014, 03:04 AM
I'm excited because it is a new RPG to play if I ever manage to get a PS4
Yeah, even with my complaints, at the end of the day it's a new RPG and it should be pretty good.

I'm excited to hear about the camping stuff and the weather effects. I like those little details. Of course, like Lightning Returns showed, even if you have a bunch of cool gameplay elements it really doesn't make up for bad writing and flat characters.

Fynn
09-24-2014, 06:19 AM
From what I've noticed, generally, with all the recent developments, this game is turning into "And The Fandom Rejoiced (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/SugarWiki/AndTheFandomRejoiced?from=Main.AndTheFandomRejoiced) - The Game".

Hannibal_Khan
09-24-2014, 06:35 AM
I'm effin hyped. Demo can't come soon enough.

Bolivar
09-24-2014, 08:26 PM
I don't really get hyped for games anymore that are still so far out, with Versus actually probably being the reason for that, after so many no-shows at TGS. There's alot more near term stuff to pique my interest but I do look forward to getting in the spirit and playing the crap out of it when it releases. I have faith Square will still deliver a solid experience, even if some things rub me the wrong way, similar to how surprised I was to enjoy FFXIII despite the Internet telling me how upset I was supposed to feel about it.

Freya
09-24-2014, 08:46 PM
You know when they made their schedule announcement and no XV was listed for TGS all hype was drained from me. I was going to change my set and everything and then SURPRISE there it was! HYPE RESTORED!