PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy type-0 just for XV demo?

Hannibal_Khan
09-24-2014, 08:40 AM
After what SE has put us through, they should just put it on psn. Not make us pay 60 bucks for a psp game(even if it might be a good game).

Freya
09-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Yaaaah probably. I need a ps4 first though. May buy one of those just for type0 so it's a circle of just fors!

Fynn
09-24-2014, 12:04 PM
I'd buyt Type-0 for Type-0. From what I've heard, it's a fantastic game on its own.

fat_moogle
09-24-2014, 01:02 PM
I'd buyt Type-0 for Type-0. From what I've heard, it's a fantastic game on its own.Exactly this.

- War based story

- Large cast of playable characters

- World Map

- Airships / airship battles

- Playable summons

- Moogles

- Chocobos

I've said this before but I had a lot of fun with the Type-0 demo that released a few years ago, so I'm really looking forward to playing the full game, in English, in HD. The XV demo is just a huge bonus.

Psychotic
09-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Yeah I've heard good things about Type-0. Surely you would just be able to buy the demo on eBay or something anyway if you were that desperate.

Uchu
09-24-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm buying Type-0 anyway, so yes.. yes I would! With that said, the TGS trailer did nothing for me.

FFFFsephychibi
09-24-2014, 01:48 PM
I said I would buy a ps4 the second FF15 got a release date. Well, the demo is good enough for me so yeah. Ps4 is now acquired and I preordered type -0

I will throw money at them as long as I get that demo. I know this sounds crazy, but I'm most likely going to buy like 5 copies of ff15 when it gets released... and get an xbox one so i can play it on that too XD!

Ayen
09-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Yeah, what White said. I largely have Skyblade and Wolf to thank for my interest in this game as I only seen it mentioned in passing before. But it sounds like something I would actually enjoy so I wouldn't buy it just for the XV demo.

Like Freya, I would also need a PS4 first. But I'm holding out hope that it may one day make its way to Steam like a lot of Final Fantasy games are doing. So maybe I'll be able to play it then.

Pumpkin
09-24-2014, 04:24 PM
I CAN'T AFFORD ALL OF THESE THINGS :argh:

Aulayna
09-24-2014, 04:32 PM
I'm buying Type-0 for Type-0. Would get it even if it was sans-FFXV demo.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-24-2014, 04:44 PM
I'm buying Type-0 for Type-0. I think it's silly to buy a game just for a demo, but I always thought that was a cool addition in the Ps1/PS2 era when I could get an FF demo on another Square game and what have you. I have 0 problems with it not being on PSN at first personally.

Del Murder
09-24-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm more excited for Type-0 than FFXV so that would be an easy purchase for me. I actually plan to wait for the reviews of FFXV before I give it a shot, but I don't need reviews to know I'll like Type-0. And maybe if I have time I'll check out the XV demo. ;)

Hannibal_Khan
09-24-2014, 05:41 PM
I'd buyt Type-0 for Type-0. From what I've heard, it's a fantastic game on its own.Exactly this.

- War based story

- Large cast of playable characters

- World Map

- Airships / airship battles

- Playable summons

- Moogles

- Chocobos

I've said this before but I had a lot of fun with the Type-0 demo that released a few years ago, so I'm really looking forward to playing the full game, in English, in HD. The XV demo is just a huge bonus.

I think the large cast comes at the cost of character development. Will we really 'care' about these characters like we have in older FF's?(this will also affect how deep in the story i get). The airship battles have me intrigued tho.

Del Murder
09-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Is the Type-0 cast greater than FFVI's? Because all of those characters save some optional ones had thorough development and I cared about them all.

Wolf Kanno
09-24-2014, 07:30 PM
I'd buy Type-0 for Type-0. From what I've heard, it's a fantastic game on its own.

Bolivar
09-24-2014, 08:34 PM
I'll buy it if it comes to Vita but not on PS4, even for the demo. I'm not going to take a break from real next-gen games so I can play an up-res port of a Final Fantasy spinoff.

Mirage
09-24-2014, 09:38 PM
No. I buy my games for the games, not whatever promotional fluff they're packed with.

Hannibal_Khan
09-24-2014, 09:48 PM
So type-0 doesn't interest you?

Mirage
09-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Type-0 does. The demo doesn't.

DMKA
09-25-2014, 01:45 AM
I'm interested in Type-0 and am buying it for the game itself, but if it was a completely unrelated game I had no interest in would I still buy it just for the demo? Yeah, probably.

I think it's safe to say a good chunk of Type-0 sales will have the FFXV demo to thank. :p

Vyk
09-25-2014, 02:36 AM
It worked for Toabl No. 1 and Brave Fencer Musashi. But to me it's just two reasons to buy the game. But I get the impression I may enjoy Type-0 for its own sake anyway

Prompto Argentum
09-28-2014, 06:07 PM
japan exclusive ?

fat_moogle
09-28-2014, 06:55 PM
japan exclusive ?
Nope! Type-0 HD will be releasing world wide in March with the FFXV demo :D

I'm assuming that's what you were referring to?

(Welcome, by the way ^^)

Prompto Argentum
09-28-2014, 07:04 PM
japan exclusive ?
Nope! Type-0 HD will be releasing world wide in March with the FFXV demo :D

I'm assuming that's what you were referring to?

(Welcome, by the way ^^)

that is awesome ^^ ty ~~

Hannibal_Khan
09-28-2014, 07:11 PM
.....nobody welcomed me here:erm:

Mirage
09-28-2014, 07:18 PM
and whose fault is that?!

fat_moogle
09-28-2014, 07:19 PM
japan exclusive ?Nope! Type-0 HD will be releasing world wide in March with the FFXV demo :DI'm assuming that's what you were referring to?(Welcome, by the way ^^)that is awesome ^^ ty ~~No problem! That's my good deed for the day xD Type-0 HD should be a great game.
.....nobody welcomed me here:erm:*lays out red carpet* BELATED WELCOME TO THE FORUMS ^^

Fox
09-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Would I buy Type-0 HD just for the XV demo? ...Probably, yes!

Luckily for me I'm very excited for Type-0 HD and would be buying it anyway, so as it turns out the XV demo is a free bonus, rather than the worlds most expensive demo ^^

Hannibal_Khan
09-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Would I buy Type-0 HD just for the XV demo? ...Probably, yes!

Luckily for me I'm very excited for Type-0 HD and would be buying it anyway, so as it turns out the XV demo is a free bonus, rather than the worlds most expensive demo ^^

They could still make it a free demo. We Final Fantasy fans deserve as much.

Hannibal_Khan
09-28-2014, 07:44 PM

It's not my fault ppl are intimidated of me..... just cause i party so damn hard

Prompto Argentum
09-28-2014, 07:50 PM

It's not my fault ppl are intimidated of me..... just cause i party so damn hard

awww lol

Taiga
09-29-2014, 12:58 PM
I was really surprised to see how angry some people on different websites were about the code for the demo being included with Type-0 HD, especially considering how many people were yelling for a Western release of Type-0 and now people only care about the XV demo...?
In my opinion, if you're not interested in Type-0 at all, don't buy the game. Nobody's forced to pay a lot of money just to be able to play the demo. But I really hope that people who'll buy the game just to play the demo will give Type-0 a try at least and that they'll end up liking it. :)

In other words, Type-0 is one of my favorite FF games, so I'm buying Type-0 HD for Type-0 HD, but I also can't wait to play the demo! :D

Vyk
09-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Welcome to a more civilized corner of the internet. Not a lot of people around here ever get mad at Square. Disappointed or fed up sometimes, maybe. But I don't think anyone here would consider changing demands all the time just to keep the rage up like that. People wanted Type-0, and that's what they're getting. I still think they should have released it world-wide on the PSP to begin with. The fans would have bought it despite the rampant piracy. Dissidia games sold like crazy

Lots of new faces this month. /random

Fox
09-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Lots of new faces this month. /random

The TGS effect I assume :]

Not a lot of people around here ever get mad at Square.

Which is good. They provide nice things for us to play. I guess any 'anger' that is there is just from people longing for the glory days once more, which is generally understandable

Taiga
09-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Welcome to a more civilized corner of the internet. Not a lot of people around here ever get mad at Square. Disappointed or fed up sometimes, maybe. But I don't think anyone here would consider changing demands all the time just to keep the rage up like that. People wanted Type-0, and that's what they're getting. I still think they should have released it world-wide on the PSP to begin with. The fans would have bought it despite the rampant piracy. Dissidia games sold like crazy

Well, that's good to hear. :) I don't mind people criticizing Square (I'm not fine with every single thing they do as well), but it's really a matter of what you say and how you say it. First people complained about Type-0 not being released in the west at all. Then some complain about it being released for PS4, but not for Vita. Then some complain they have to buy Type-0 HD in order to play the demo for XV, as if they never wanted to play the game at all.
During the past few months, comments on most FF related news on certain websites have been really, really rude, and it makes me sad. Especially with an enjoyable game finally finding its way to us and with another promising one coming next year or in 2016. Of course I understand if people don't care for either game, but that's no reason to spoil the fun for other people with constant negative comments (this isn't aiming at anyone from this forum, I only joined and can't judge the situation here).
Sorry for the rant, I just felt like finally getting this off my chest, since it's depressing to see that the release of Type-0 is somewhat overshadowed by anger of some fans.

Wolf Kanno
09-29-2014, 09:46 PM
A lot of people just didn't care about Type-0 because it was always overshadowed by XIII and Versus XIII. Starting life as a cell phone game that may have also been a card game, didn't do much to endear the poor thing to Western fans.

Most of the anger against Squenix largely stems from them seriously dropping the ball last gen with a trilogy no one really demanded, and an MMO that was far from leaving Beta but released anyways to get a quick cash in. Not to mention BS like All the Bravest which kind of became the rallying cry for the disfranchised fanbase to represent everything that was wrong with how SE was handling the FF Brand. I think ten years of fapping about finally caught up to them. Luckily it feels like they have taken notice and are trying to set things right.

Freya
09-29-2014, 10:46 PM
I will be getting a PS4 FOR type-0, it's just a plus that the XV demo included. I mean I wanted Type-0. But i'm on the fence about spending money on a PS4, the demo just helped push it over the edge kinda thing.

Yeah and we're disappointed but not pissed off. We're still around here aren't we? hehe.

Taiga
09-29-2014, 11:00 PM
I will be getting a PS4 FOR type-0, it's just a plus that the XV demo included.

Same here! My boyfriend and I bought a PS4 last week after I preordered Type-0. We didn't intend to buy one before Type-0 is actually out, but we saw a good offer for the Destiny bundle, and since my boyfriend wanted to give this game a try... well.
Anyway, I'M READY! :D

Vyk
09-30-2014, 12:01 AM
Same here, though we don't actually own one yet, GameStop started doing a "Lay-away" type thing, so we started paying on a PS4 that way, and Type-0 will be one of the main games on the horizon. Not sure yet what game we'll get to put it through its paces. Maybe buy Dragon Age: Inquisition again for a more powerful console..

fat_moogle
09-30-2014, 01:07 AM
First people complained about Type-0 not being released in the west at all. Then some complain about it being released for PS4, but not for Vita. Then some complain they have to buy Type-0 HD in order to play the demo for XV, as if they never wanted to play the game at all. During the past few months, comments on most FF related news on certain websites have been really, really rude, and it makes me sad.
You've basically just explained all the reasons why some people are mad in the first place.

The game was released in Japan so there was no reason why it couldn't have been localised for the West. Square Enix just chose not to do so, despite fans petitioning for it. I had a PSP at the time it launched in Japan and after downloading the demo I was eager for an announcement...it didn't happen. I got a Vita at launch (don't have one now) so I was wondering if it would release for that...as we know now, that didn't happen. People were anticipating this game for those platforms, but SE were too lazy to make it happen...but not lazy enough to make a HD version for PS4 and Xbox One, completely by passing those who already had the means to play it and forcing them to buy new hardware.

In regards to the XV demo let's just be thankful that SE didn't go Japan exclusive with that, as was the case with the FFXIII demo which they again charged for with Advent Children Complete. Or did people forget they charged for that, too? xD

Wolf Kanno
09-30-2014, 05:13 AM
First people complained about Type-0 not being released in the west at all. Then some complain about it being released for PS4, but not for Vita. Then some complain they have to buy Type-0 HD in order to play the demo for XV, as if they never wanted to play the game at all. During the past few months, comments on most FF related news on certain websites have been really, really rude, and it makes me sad.
You've basically just explained all the reasons why some people are mad in the first place.

The game was released in Japan so there was no reason why it couldn't have been localised for the West. Square Enix just chose not to do so, despite fans petitioning for it. I had a PSP at the time it launched in Japan and after downloading the demo I was eager for an announcement...it didn't happen. I got a Vita at launch (don't have one now) so I was wondering if it would release for that...as we know now, that didn't happen. People were anticipating this game for those platforms, but SE were too lazy to make it happen...but not lazy enough to make a HD version for PS4 and Xbox One, completely by passing those who already had the means to play it and forcing them to buy new hardware.

In regards to the XV demo let's just be thankful that SE didn't go Japan exclusive with that, as was the case with the FFXIII demo which they again charged for with Advent Children Complete. Or did people forget they charged for that, too? xD

Actually there is an explanation for all this, Tabata wanted to release the PSP version in the West but due to the system's slow sales and the advent of the Vita around the corner, SE chose to hold off for the Vita, but when the Vita's sales proved to be unsatisfactory that no longer became an option because it's not like Type-0 was a huge IP with an established following like say, Crisis Core and Dissidia were so Se chose not to gamble on the idea. Instead they wanted to have a new FF IP on the console to build a better base for them when they finally released FFXV since it was still going to be awhile before it would see release.

To be fair, everything I've seen and read about Type-0 has shown me the game really should have been made for consoles to begin with and I feel the new trailer shows that. The combat will still feel oversimplified for a console but I feel the set design and cutscenes benefited from being ported to a better format. The point is that SE isn't really interested in expanding their stock in handhelds at the moment that are not the 3DS, instead, they are focused on trying to win back the console crowd and I feel this is an area in much greater need for the company.

fat_moogle
09-30-2014, 08:58 AM
They could still have released it on PSP and then, if sales weren't as good as they thought, released a remaster later down the line. Rather than keeping us hanging.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-30-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm going to buy Type-0 day one because it looks like a lot of fun and I always enjoy a new Final Fantasy coming out on a console. Not pre-ordering yet, though. I'm holding back to see if the Square Enix Online Store packages it in a limited or collector's edition, as they've done with most of the recent FF releases.

All that being said, the demo is definitely not a negative. I'm super hyped for XV so that's the cherry on top of the already magnificent dessert.

Taiga
09-30-2014, 11:37 AM

Of course I would have preferred an early western release for the PSP as well instead of waiting for three years, but my point is that western fans finally get to play this game, even with better graphics & hopefully better controls, but some people are never satisfied. I don't know, I'm just that kind of person who's thankful for Japanese games being released in the west at all, so... :shobon:
Things could and should have been different, and I understand that fans are upset about the way SE dealt with this matter (I was, too, especially after they cancelled the localization that was already in progress), but isn't the most important thing that everyone's finally going to be able to play the game in English? It's better than nothing.
And I think most people who want to play Type-0 would have bought a PS4 sooner or later for XV or some other game, so I think that's not really a problem. However, a release for both PS4 and Vita would have been nice indeed. Vita needs more love outside of Japan.

fat_moogle
09-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that I'm gonna be getting it on PS4. The game looks so much better now and as you say hopefully it will benefit from better controls.

Taiga
09-30-2014, 03:33 PM
Oh no, just to make sure, I didn't get the impression that you're unthankful. :)
Everything I said is based on various negative comments I read on gaming news sites, but I know that there are also enough people who simply look forward to be playing the game.

Wolf Kanno
10-01-2014, 04:36 AM
They could still have released it on PSP and then, if sales weren't as good as they thought, released a remaster later down the line. Rather than keeping us hanging.

From a business standpoint, I understand the move. While I would have loved to play it on the PSP it was obvious even back then the system was on its last legs, especially in the West, so it made sense to hold it back in hindsight. While the Vita could have seriously benefited from it, again, it wasn't like it was a game that would have been a system seller like Crisis Core and Dissidia which were both fanservice games with core audience appeal. They would have lost money if they had released it on PSP. At least now they can market it better in the West by releasing it as a console title which fans are more likely to buy it for, the XV demo just sweetens the deal.

Kozmos
10-01-2014, 07:49 AM
I wonder if the reason Square let the fan translation finish before shutting it down was because it was only going to be releasing on PS4 and wanted to give those PSP owners the opportunity? Hmm.. I may be giving them too much credit. =P Just like Kojima with Ground Zeroes, Square is hoping Type-0 builds the PS4 base in Japan in preparation for FFXV, though it is a bit disappointing it isn't releasing on Vita, but at least there is the remote play functionality.

I'm glad I waited it out and didn't play it on PSP. I'm super excited for the HD version and the demo is just a huuuge bonus!

Loony BoB
10-01-2014, 11:31 AM
I'll probably be getting a PS4 for Type-0. XV Demo would be a mere bonus.