PDA

View Full Version : Game market bummers

Pumpkin
09-24-2014, 03:46 PM
When I was younger, I got the whole .hack set (Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine) for about $15-20 each. Now they're all like 100+ :(

It's a bummer, I really like those games

Anyone else have any experience with this?

EDIT: Just checked ebay and they're a bit cheaper but still not cheap by any means

escobert
09-24-2014, 04:00 PM
What they cost that much now!? I had the first 3 and had planned on grabbing them when I get a ps2 again. Damn. I LOVE the anime and the games were super fun. Isn't there another set of game that went with the third Anime series //root?

Pumpkin
09-24-2014, 04:03 PM
I loved the anime too. They were really fun games so I am sad :(

Are you talking about the G.U. games? I played one and didn't like it as much, but apparently most people disagree with me because they're also very expensive

escobert
09-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Yeah the G.U. games! I just read that there's another coming out next year hopefully :)

I never tried any of the G.U. games :( Maybe I'll have to get a Ps2 emulator and play them.

Old Manus
09-24-2014, 05:10 PM
I read the title and thought this would be a thread about untoward sexual liaisons in the marketplace.

Ayen
09-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Eternal Darkness was going for over one-hundred bucks on Amazon when I was hunting it down to fill a request. I had to buy it used because the lowest a new copy was going for was around 70 - 80 bucks. Instead I just paid 20. Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations was around the same price as a brand new Eternal Darkness. I think that happens because the game becomes rare so the price goes up, but that's just a guess on my part.

Shauna
09-24-2014, 05:39 PM
100 quid for what is essentially an 8 hour game. Oh supply and demand, you so crazy.

Pumpkin
09-24-2014, 05:39 PM
sharky had Eternal Darkness but scotty stole it from him. Now I understand why :shifty:

Scotty_ffgamer
09-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Bahaha, I kept telling sharky if I'm too slow at getting around to playing it, he should yell at me to send it back. Especially now I have very little time to play games and have very limited access to my consoles.

I just want Suikoden II but that's way too expensive. Someone needs to hurry up and put it on PSN now that I've beat the first game.

Pumpkin
09-24-2014, 05:45 PM
I don't think he cares honestly, I was just teasing :P We still have your games

But now I realized that when you return it it will disrupt the whole flow I have on our new video game shelf :colbert: Keep it, keep it forever!

Yeah Suikoden II is still a bummer in terms of cost. Its been that way for a good while now

Ayen
09-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Games are like magic in Final Fantasy II. The prices are ridiculous. Only we don't have monsters we can kill to get more gil.

Markus. D
09-25-2014, 05:39 AM
Well, if you love something enough ahahaha.

Dat Matt
09-25-2014, 11:14 PM
There's a game I used to play called Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Sega Saturn. It was a rare RPG game, there were about 10k copies sold in Europe. Quick Check of Ebay and it goes for about £200.

Sephiroth
09-25-2014, 11:17 PM
I have them and and am waiting for an HD remake collection. .hack I mean.

Vyk
09-30-2014, 02:38 AM
We have been looking for the Shadow Hearts games for cheap for a while. They aren't insanely expensive but are basically still full price. There's a few others I keep an eye out for. Sadly more more recent games are much cheaper

edczxcvbnm
10-01-2014, 11:28 PM
I have quite a number of the "Rare" games. I have all 7 .hack games plus all of the bonus material for them. I also have games for the PSX like Megaman Legends 2 and Valkyre Profile. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy on SNES and probably a few others.

You can always go to http://videogames.pricecharting.com/ and look at how much games are going for on each system.

While games can be expensive themselves. The old NES stuff gets crazy as some people try to buy the games complete with the box and instruction manuals. For some games people are paying $30 for just the instruction manuals. The world has gone mad I tells you. MAAAD!