PDA

View Full Version : Filet-O-Fish

Chris
09-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Let's talk a little bit about this underrated McD gem. People always give me a weird look when I order Filet-O-Fish, but why though? I think it's the best thing you could possibly order at McD. :blush:

sharkythesharkdogg
09-24-2014, 08:01 PM
It hasn't really changed since it was introduced in the 60's. I used to order them when I was little, but I've grown to basically hate McDonald's.

Psychotic
09-24-2014, 08:10 PM
I've honestly never tried it. How does it taste?

Chris
09-24-2014, 08:37 PM
I've honestly never tried it. How does it taste?

Shorty
09-24-2014, 09:06 PM
It seems a lot of people enjoy it. I've never had it, have no desire to.

Shiny
09-24-2014, 09:10 PM
I use to get this all the time when I ate McDonalds, until I got severely sick from food poisoning and realized it tasted very similar to the cardboard it was packaged in. I was really only eating it because I love tartar sauce.

Ergroilnin
09-24-2014, 09:55 PM
I wanted to try one for like five years now and there is really nothing stopping me but when I actually do go out and eat in fast food, I end up in KFC or for some pizza.

When I do go to Mc's I go for Mc Flurry, because it's the best.

Damn this thread now I want me some Mc.

blackmage_nuke
09-25-2014, 01:33 AM
I like them but I find theyre too expensive and not filling enough. I'd eat one every time I went to Maccas if they were on the $2 menu

Ayen
09-25-2014, 04:59 AM
I like the look of it because cheeseburger, but I don't know how I feel about what's under the cheese and the white stuff.

If you can't tell by now I am a picky eater.

Night Fury
09-25-2014, 08:25 AM
I used to love McD fish fingers when I was a kid so I'd probably like this too

Bubba
09-25-2014, 03:04 PM
They are actually very nice. But there are so many other tasty options from Smaccy D's that are above it in the pecking order. I haven't tried one since I used to work there.

Pumpkin
09-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Considering I don't like fish, I feel confident in saying that this isn't for me

Ergroilnin
09-25-2014, 10:34 PM
I hate this thread! After five years of not tasting it I tried it today. Nothing too fancy, pretty mediocre. It was good sure, but there are definitely tastier things for that price. Also the fish isn't NEARLY as big as on this picture Q.Q

Colonel Angus
09-26-2014, 03:04 AM
I was raised Catholic, so every so often during Lent we would have these. They're alright.

blackmage_nuke
09-26-2014, 12:16 PM
Also the fish isn't NEARLY as big as on this picture Q.Q

None of the burgers look like their pictures.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-26-2014, 12:18 PM
I was raised Catholic, so every so often during Lent we would have these. They're alright.

Supposedly, it's that very reason they exist in the first place. A Catholic guy owned a McD's franchise in a very Catholic neighborhood and invented the sandwich so he'd have something to sell during Lent.

At least that's what I heard.

Ergroilnin
09-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Also the fish isn't NEARLY as big as on this picture Q.Q

None of the burgers look like their pictures.

Of course they don't but I felt like this one mislead me the most so far. Usually they look bigger in the picture allright, but not this much.

blackmage_nuke
09-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Also it might be a regional difference because I usually find my Filet-o-Fishes to match the image as much as any other burger.

Colonel Angus
09-26-2014, 11:23 PM

Supposedly, it's that very reason they exist in the first place. A Catholic guy owned a McD's franchise in a very Catholic neighborhood and invented the sandwich so he'd have something to sell during Lent.

At least that's what I heard.
It is. Ray Kroc, the founder of McDonald's, came up w/ a Pineapple burger, which I think was just a pineapple slice on a bun. The guy you mentioned came up w/ a fish sandwich, so Kroc had them compete to see which would be the most popular. I think the consumers made the right choice.