PDA

View Full Version : Article: Nomura booted off XV

Hannibal_Khan
09-25-2014, 12:59 AM
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/09/nomura-comments-on-his-departure-from-final-fantasy-xv/

I feel bad for the guy, but im glad he's not on XV anymore. Should KH3 fans be worried?

Colonel Angus
09-25-2014, 01:00 AM
No more a Nomura!

FFFFsephychibi
09-25-2014, 01:14 AM
There's really nothing to worry about with KH3, it's actually on a schedule and is prioritized. Nomura shipped Kh1 and KH2 on schedule without a problem in a timely manner.

Square, is the reason ff15 has taken 8 years, not Nomura. 1 man is not the reason. It's a combination, of many higher up positions, a lack of communication, lack of proper staff, lack of proper tools, really poor organization and prioritization.

And yeah Nomura can't say anything, he's under NDA.

I'm just really sick of people thinking he's incapable of doing anything.

People get shifted all the time because their strengths are needed elsewhere.

Like square said in the initial article for him no longer being the FF15 director: Only Nomura CAN make KH3 happen. Meaning; he is an asset on almost all their projects. They want his fairy dust sprinkled on everything that is going to come out of that studio from now on. He did his part on FF15, now he needs to create other games. And its ridiculous to be a director on 2 Triple AAA titles at the same time, square actually made a smart move by moving him to focus KH3.

If he was so failed as a director, they wouldn't be giving him new projects.

/end of rant sorrryyy

DMKA
09-25-2014, 01:42 AM
Square, is the reason ff15 has taken 8 years, not Nomura.

Oh yeah, all that nonsense where he kept changing his mind over what kind of game he actually wanted to direct and wanting to make it into a musical etc. had absolutely no bearing on the prolonged development cycle. :roll:

I mean of course SE as a company is to blame first and foremost, but to say Nomura holds none of the blame is pretty silly.

FFFFsephychibi
09-25-2014, 01:50 AM
Square, is the reason ff15 has taken 8 years, not Nomura.

Oh yeah, all that nonsense where he kept changing his mind over what kind of game he actually wanted to direct and wanting to make it into a musical etc. had absolutely no bearing on the prolonged development cycle. :roll:

I mean of course SE as a company is to blame first and foremost, but to say Nomura holds none of the blame is pretty silly.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but Square Enix is the company thats said: "SHIP IT!!!" to the original ff14, an unfinished product.

All I'm saying is the blame is not solely Nomura, there are people higher up than him that have more control, that make calls that can greatly effect development time, and the outcome of a product.

Wolf Kanno
09-25-2014, 05:28 AM
Not really bothered by this. I feel Tabata will do well finishing up the project and I am just thankful it wasn't Motomu Toriyama enlisted to finish the project up.

fat_moogle
09-25-2014, 07:37 AM
Nomura has never directed a Final Fantasy before, whereas Tabata has directed Crisis Core and Type-0. Maybe Nomura was making XV too much like Kingdom Hearts? There would have needed to be some differentiation between the two, or else queue the "IS KHIII A RESKINNED FFXV?" articles would start popping up after KHIII's launch in X (XX?) amount of years. The internet can be very predictable sometimes lol.

Bolivar
09-25-2014, 04:45 PM
IDK, he's a good artist and he rocked the Battle Director role in Final Fantasy VII but I'm not really into his games.

Wolf Kanno
09-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Nomura has never directed a Final Fantasy before, whereas Tabata has directed Crisis Core and Type-0. Maybe Nomura was making XV too much like Kingdom Hearts? There would have needed to be some differentiation between the two, or else queue the "IS KHIII A RESKINNED FFXV?" articles would start popping up after KHIII's launch in X (XX?) amount of years. The internet can be very predictable sometimes lol.

Well it really shouldn't matter if he never directed an FF, I don't necessarily feel like Ito or Kitase ever thought it was a big deal from interviews I've read, and Nomura worked pretty closely with both of them on VI - VIII. Technically Nomura wanted to do Versus XIII as a non-numbered entry because it would allow him to get away from any feeling of the expectations that comes with a numbered FF title, but I would argue that was back when the FF moniker carried more weight with fans and the industry.

He was dropped from the project because he's been sitting on two hotly anticipated IPs and since he already finished the leg work for one of them, the execs felt it was time he moved onto the other project with no distractions.

Prompto Argentum
09-26-2014, 03:32 PM
ouch