PDA

View Full Version : 10 Years

Chris
09-25-2014, 12:07 PM
Ten years. I saw that earlier, and I nearly choked. It worries me a little, and it freaks me out. :Oo:

Let's discuss how fast time flies by.

noxious.sunshine
09-25-2014, 12:17 PM
It seems like 2 days ago, my little girl was just a baby. And I could snuggle her whenever I wanted to and she was so tiny she had to wear preemie clothes for 3 months.. And she couldn't wear shoes for 8 months cuz her feet were too little . For that long.

Now she's almost 7. She's soo stinking smart it's ridiculous. And a smart ass. But she's hysterical and gorgeous and I love her to bits.

Everything before that seems like a lifetime ago. Its hard to believe it's been almost 10 years since I lived in Phoenix and 15 since I started high school.

Bubba
09-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Time flies when I'm playing Destiny.

It tends to be one of those sessions when you stop playing and suddenly realised you haven't eaten in 12 hours... and you've soiled yourself.

~*~Celes~*~
09-25-2014, 10:07 PM
Honestly, time has gone fast for me for the last 4 years. It's amazing how fast time flies when you're truly happy.

Ayen
09-25-2014, 10:12 PM
I'll be going up to one year since I joined the forum next month. A full year has already passed since I took up reviewing again.

Momiji
09-25-2014, 11:48 PM
My 10 year mark will be coming up in a few months. It almost frightens me to know some folks here are nearing 15 years and still manage to be active.

MissH
09-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Time flies when I'm playing Destiny.

It tends to be one of those sessions when you stop playing and suddenly realised you haven't eaten in 12 hours... and you've soiled yourself.

I'm so glad I've agreed to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you... :eep:

theundeadhero
09-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Only 10? Newbie.

Iceglow
09-28-2014, 11:19 PM
I was going to say, 10 years is nothing, I passed that milestone a couple of years ago now. Looking forwards to when we're all celebrating 15 or 20 years; FF has died the death of deaths and yet BoB is still telling us we have to keep it PG13 despite the fact that there will have been 0 new registrations in the past 5 years.

Yamaneko
09-29-2014, 04:51 AM
The past ten years have progressed exactly as intended by the laws of nature on the relative scale. Our brains have just been inundated by more and more experiences and wisdom, reflecting an illusionary passage of time that we may term as "fast".

In addition, I now have a porch from which I tell the youth not to disturb the tranquility of photosynthesis occurring on my lawn.

chionos
09-29-2014, 06:19 AM
Coming up on 15 soon. That's a bunch of years. But not many years either. Life right now is in fast pause mode. It's a progressive pause full of potential energies and whatnot.

TrollHunter
09-29-2014, 07:19 AM
It's crazy to think that it's been 3 years since I've joined. Granted, I havent been active at all for the past year but I never forget this place.
So much has happened in my life in the past 3 years. I graduated high school, saw my sister drop into a serious drug addiction, helped raise my nephew since he was 3 months old (hes almost 2 and a half now! Holy smurf-nuggets), am now a sophomore in college and have learned so many things about myself and the world around me.

Time flies by when all you do is lurk on a forum about weirdos and their spiky hair fetishes. All this time and I still feel like a filthy newby. Hmph, here's to being a newby forever. I wouldnt have it any other way.

Loony BoB
09-29-2014, 12:04 PM
*14 years* *still a Newbie* :D

I don't find it frightening in any way. I find this place to be a constant, an online home, that has allowed me to always have a place I can be comfortable in regardless of what changes are going on in my life. It's pretty cool.

Chris
09-29-2014, 01:27 PM
I agree, Bob. This is a nice haven, and it is comforting. The think I find frightening is the actual number: 10. It's a decade of my life on an online forum, and I never imagined how much of an impact it would have on my life. I have known some of you longer than some of my "real life" friends.

theundeadhero
09-29-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm just waiting to hit the point where I've been posting here half my life. It's coming within the next few years.

chionos
09-29-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm just waiting to hit the point where I've been posting here half my life. It's coming within the next few years.

Spring of 2018 I'll hit that mark.

That's the kind of achievement we need at EoFF.

Things like:

Word Count
Level 1
Title: EoFF Fame is the Best Fame
You've written 100,000 words on EoFF. That's enough text to fill a novel. Way to waste your words!

Level 2
Title: Family Shmamily
You've written 500,000 words on EoFF. That's more words to the people of EoFF than to your own family!

IZON BIRFDAY
Level 1
Title: Never Gonna Graduate
You've been a member of EoFF for 5 years. You're like that guy in Dazed & Confused. "I get older, EoFF stays the same age."

Level 2
Title: Love is Overrated
10 years. Your relationship with EoFF has lasted longer than any romantic attachment you've had in real life.

Level 3
Title: Life, the Universe and Everything
You've been a member of EoFF for 20 fucking years. The youngsters are hoping you'll go away on your own. If you don't, they're seriously considering banning your ip. Find a forum better suited to your age group, like Eyes on Orthopedics or something.

EoFF Romance
Level 1
Title: Look, Don't Touch
You've crushed on 1 members of EoFF
Level 2
Title: Creepy Creeper
You've crushed on 10 members of EoFF
Level 3
Title: Leering BoB
You've crushed on 100 members of EoFF

Dat Matt
09-29-2014, 07:13 PM

Spring of 2018 I'll hit that mark.

I've got a hell of a long way to go. It'll be around 2037/38 before that happens to me...

theundeadhero
09-29-2014, 08:06 PM
2019 for me.

Sephex
09-30-2014, 04:03 AM
13 years coming up on 14 here. Though unlike a lot of oldbies I had periods where I didn't post for a bit. As far as time flying, it makes sense. When you were four years old, one year took up 1/4 of your life. I am now 32, so of course time is going to feel faster when a year only takes up 1/32 of my life.

It's all math. Math ruins everything.

Nate
10-06-2014, 04:46 PM
While I started in 2000, I wouldn't say I've earned all the 14 years of participation. But a lot of the old faces are gone. When it hits 15, I'm going to think I've gotten pretty old. What was once a teenage obsession is now an oldbie hobby.