PDA

View Full Version : So what was your first time like?

Wolf Kanno
09-27-2014, 05:59 AM
No, this isn't an EoEO thread, I want to know what your first experience with the first FF was like? Was it your first RPG? Did you play it for novelty sake? Did you enjoy it/hate it? What was your first team? Come on share! :3:

Ayen
09-27-2014, 07:14 AM
I played the first game through Final Fantasy Origins on the PSX. It would have been my fifth Final Fantasy game after VI. Couldn't tell you where it stands on number of RPGs. It was hard at first (but everything is hard to me when I start), but after I got my prefer team setup (Warrior, Red Mage, White Mage, Monk), I was kicking ass and taking names. I loved it. I always enjoyed putting in the names and choosing my four classes.

VeloZer0
09-27-2014, 07:44 AM
I had already played FF7,8,6,5 & 4 first, so I wasn't exactly new to the series. I played it because it was the first, and I wanted to have played all of them. And I actually enjoyed it, unlike FF2 which I just completed to have done it.

chionos
09-27-2014, 08:03 AM
We'd gone to a movie and we were back at my place in my room. The lights were off. Light music in the background. There was some petting and then a lot of blowing. It just didn't want to go in right. So we were just blowing on it and blowing on it, and then slamming it in there hoping it would hit that sweet spot. It finally went all the way in, and holy shit that's all it took. I knew instantly that this was exactly what I wanted to be doing for the rest of my life. I started touching the buttons. Slowly at first and then mashing, mashing, to make it go faster. I was thinking to myself, does it always take this long?

Do I change positions now?

Am I ready for this new cave? (the answer to that was a resound NO!)

I don't know, but there was probably some sweating. Some cussing.
I know I begged her for her treasure, whatever that means.

And then, the moment, oh shit, it's time to stop, what do I do???
Should I save it?
But where do I put it?

In the end, we got it all figured out. The whole thing was a blur really, I'm surprised I remember any of it at all. I slept hard that night. Then woke up and did it all again.

And let me tell ya, there's nothing like some old school double F-ing first thing in the morning.

Mirage
09-27-2014, 06:03 PM
FF5 on an emulator. It was fantastic, and it was also my first RPG.

theundeadhero
09-28-2014, 11:20 PM
It was my second RPG after Dragon Warrior and I played both on the NES. I didn't really know what an RPG was at the time, I just saw Dragon Warrior as an alright game that took some time to beat. It really introduced me to the concepts of what they cccould be and how to play them. I enjoyed it and was excited when I beat it.

Colonel Angus
09-29-2014, 12:24 AM
I remember I got this game because I thought the box was cool. I really didn't know anything about it, but fell in love right away. It took me some time to beat. I knew I had to grind a little to beat Garland, but I never put it together to grind a lot to beat the "Wizards" so I could get the CROWN. It also took a while to realize that @ a certain level the Bl. Belts didn't need weapons or armor anymore.

theundeadhero
09-29-2014, 12:31 AM
It's worth giving them bracelets and a PROring. You just have to unequip it and equip it again every level-up because of the stat bug.