PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow FF fanatics! : )

Taiga
09-29-2014, 11:57 AM
I haven't been part of any community for a long time, but the lack of talk about Final Fantasy in my life made me search for a lively forum to exchange my thoughts on this video game franchise with other fans, so - here I am! :D

First of all: English isn't my native tongue, so I'm sorry for any possible grammatical mistakes, weird phrasing or weird choice of words.

My favorite FF games so far are IV, VII, X, XIII, Crisis Core and Type-0. I'm really looking forward to XV, although I'm slightly worried about the game's battle system.
I'm absolutely fond of JRPGs in general, so other game franchises I love are Tales of, Atelier, Eiyuu Densetsu and Persona. Non-RPG-wise I enjoy playing games like Sengoku Basara and Warriors Orochi a lot, but of course my taste in games isn't restricted to RPGs and Hack'n'Slay only.

I hope we'll have a great time together! :)

Loony BoB
09-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Welcome to EoFF! I must say, your grasp of English seems better than some people who don't know any language but English, so I don't think you need to worry about that. :) What is your native language, out of curiosity?

I hope you have fun here, and stick around! <3

PS. A really nice mixture of very different FF's to make up your favourites. I like you already.

Shauna
09-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Welcome to EoFF! How did you find your way to EoFF? :D We hope you enjoy yourself here!

Your non-FF RPGs are quite acceptable - plenty of Tales of and Persona fans around these parts. I'm not sure if Atelier is as well known, but I know there are one or two (myself being one of them).

What do you enjoy outside of the video game realm? :)

fat_moogle
09-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the forums!

You mention that Type-0 is one of your favourite FF's, does this mean that you've played a Japanese PSP import?

Taiga
09-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome! :)

What is your native language, out of curiosity?

I hope you have fun here, and stick around! <3

PS. A really nice mixture of very different FF's to make up your favourites. I like you already.

My native language is German - yes, that ugly and harsh-sounding one. ;P Seriously, I wish it had a nicer sound to it.

Thanks a lot for you kind words!

How did you find your way to EoFF? :D We hope you enjoy yourself here!

Your non-FF RPGs are quite acceptable - plenty of Tales of and Persona fans around these parts. I'm not sure if Atelier is as well known, but I know there are one or two (myself being one of them).

What do you enjoy outside of the video game realm? :)

Our mightly friend Google helped me find you guys. ;)

I'm happy to hear about other Tales of and Persona fans being here! I think Atelier is gaining more and more popularity as well, but yeah, so far it's not as well known as the other RPGs mentioned above.

Apart from video games, I'm interested in Japanese pop culture in general, Japan's historical Sengoku era, music, foreign languages, anime, literature, US TV series, astronomy, psychology, Greek mythology - nothing particularly exciting.

You mention that Type-0 is one of your favourite FF's, does this mean that you've played a Japanese PSP import?

Yes. As a beginner in Japanese back then (still have a long way to go) I didn't fully grasp the story, but even without fully understanding everything the game was lots of fun to me, despite its flaws. <3 I'm really looking forward to the Western release.

Loony BoB
09-29-2014, 03:07 PM
I dunno, having had a German girlfriend about a decade ago, I quite liked the German accent!

Freya
09-29-2014, 03:56 PM
I can read it! And somewhat write it but I'm still pretty bad and I am horrible about speaking it. Germany is nice though? I root for them during the world cup every year?

You say you're a beginner in Japanese too? You're just multi-lingual! Are German, English, and Japanese the only languages you study?

WELCOME to eyesonff! I'm so glad you stumbled our way. Hope you stick around.

Psychotic
09-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Guten abend, Taiga, wilkommen zum EoFF! Ich bin ein meerschweinchen :)

Shauna
09-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Apart from video games, I'm interested in Japanese pop culture in general, Japan's historical Sengoku era, music, foreign languages, anime, literature, US TV series, astronomy, psychology, Greek mythology - nothing particularly exciting.

Well, chalk us all up to not being particularly exciting. xD

What anime do you like? :3

Taiga
09-29-2014, 04:50 PM
I dunno, having had a German girlfriend about a decade ago, I quite liked the German accent!

I just hope she didn't have that terrible hardcore accent many Germans have, because I can't imagine how anyone could ever like that one. :lol:

I can read it! And somewhat write it but I'm still pretty bad and I am horrible about speaking it. Germany is nice though? I root for them during the world cup every year?

You say you're a beginner in Japanese too? You're just multi-lingual! Are German, English, and Japanese the only languages you study?

WELCOME to eyesonff! I'm so glad you stumbled our way. Hope you stick around.

That's cool! I can imagine that German is a pretty difficult language to study.

I wish I could say I'm multi-lingual, but the only foreign language I'm fluent in is English. I don't feel confident with any other language, mainly because I never or barely use them in daily life. I learned English and French at school, and I studied Japanese at university for three years and Dutch and Swedish for one semester.
So, you study Japanese as well? : )

PS. I love your signature! <3

Guten abend, Taiga, wilkommen zum EoFF! Ich bin ein meerschweinchen :)

Hallo, Meerschweinchen! :D Vielen Dank!

What anime do you like? :3

I've only started watching anime again a few months ago after I lost my interest in anime for many years , but I'm totally addicted to sports anime right now. Like Kuroko no Basket, Yowamushi Pedal, Haikyuu or Free. But I also watch totally different stuff. This summer season I watched Ao Haru Ride, Barakamon and Zankyou no Terror, for example, and I'm still watching Akame ga kill and M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane. Do you know any of them? :3

Shorty
09-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Hello and welcome! :jess:

MissH
09-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Welcome to our humble abode *bows*

We hope you find us most accomodating.

Shauna
09-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Barakamon was probably my favourite anime over the summer. x}

Fox
09-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Welcome! I only joined like, two days ago, so greetings fellow newbie!

I keep meaning to watch this. Thank you for the reminder! xD

@Taiga: Watch Sabagebu! It's not a sports anime but it sometimes features competition that is kinda a bit like a sport and it's just very funny ^^

Scotty_ffgamer
09-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Welcome Taiga!

Dat Matt
09-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Tiaga?

http://karmaburn.com/files/screenshots/toradora/taiga0401.jpg

Ayen
09-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm Tori, Resident Critic. Nice to meet you. Stick around and post lots!

You like Final Fantasy X, so all your sins are forgiven. Go in peace with Yevon.

Taiga
09-29-2014, 09:52 PM
@Shorty, MissH, Fox_, Scotty_ffgamer, ToriJ

Thanks a lot for the welcome, it's a pleasure to meet you all! :jess:

@Dat Matt

Haha, I guess most people associate my nickname with her. I like Toradora!, but actually I simply chose this nick because tigers are my favorite animals and tiger is also my Chinese zodiac sign. I just used the Japanese way of writing it.

It was really great! When I first read about the anime, I was hoping they'd focus a bit more on Sensei's and Naru's relationship though - like big bro and little sis.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-01-2014, 02:57 AM
I was going to make a Toradora reference in my welcome post, but I had a feeling your name wasn't related to the anime at all, haha.