PDA

View Full Version : Twin Peaks: A "breastaurant" more erotic than Hooters

SuperMillionaire
09-29-2014, 02:56 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/twin-peaks---hooters-just-wasn-t-racy-enough-180858794.html;_ylt=A0LEVxnLXylU0ngAupdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTExcTdidDdsBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dG lkA1VJQzFfMQ--

A "breastaurant" is a restaurant that features scantily-clad women with large breasts as waitresses. Hooters was the original, but lately, many more have opened. One of the fastest growing breastaurants is Twin Peaks, which is considered more erotic than Hooters. If you look at the extremely skimpy outfits they're wearing, and how they flirt with customers, and how they let the customers flirt back with the waitresses, they are indeed much more erotic than Hooters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/01/field-trip-hooters_n_869663.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/middle-schoolers-hooters-class-field-trip-baltimore-aquarium-article-1.127016

One time, Hooters found itself in a minor controversy when a group of 8th grade students from a Pennsylvania middle school ate lunch there during a field trip to an aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland. The total group of over 100 students, teachers, and chaperones was too large for a single restaurant, so they split up, and about 20 of them ended up at Hooters, where they were exposed to scantily-clad women with large breasts; their skimpy outfits would certainly clash with the school's strict dress code, which requires girls to cover themselves up. The school's superintendent stated that he wished that they picked another restaurant, but that he did not receive any complaints from any of the parents. Though if they went to Twin Peaks, it would probably be a much different story.

Freya
09-29-2014, 04:00 PM
I had a friend who worked at both hooters and twin peaks. They really don't need breasts if it's evidence of her working at both. Just shorts and short shirts.

The wings at hooters are freaking great though.

Maybe there should be more male-centric ones, I'd be okay with that.

Shorty
09-29-2014, 05:00 PM
This title of this restaurant is exceedingly misleading. I was hoping to come here finding handsome young homicide detectives with nice smiles helping themselves to a piece of cherry pie. :colbert:

Also, Hooters is not erotic, and "breastaurant" is stupid.

blackmage_nuke
09-29-2014, 05:41 PM
Hooters was the original, but lately, many more have opened.

While I cant give you any specific names I can assure you Hooters was not the first establishment to have food served by waitresses displaying cleavage. They use to be called wenches.

Fox
09-29-2014, 05:48 PM
A "breastaurant" is a restaurant that features scantily-clad women with large breasts as waitresses.

I'm not sure what depresses me more; the fact that these places exist or that they're so commonplace we have a special term for them.

Psychotic
09-29-2014, 06:02 PM
I joke about going to Hooters whenever I'm in America but I can't ever imagine actually doing it. Like, it just must be as awkward as fuck to actually go. "Yes alright thanks for the innuendo and mild flirting but I know you're being paid to do it and you're not really my type, this is awkward I just want to eat my steak thanks goodbye."

Whatever though, if it works for their customers and the girls find value in being employed there I can't see the harm.

Huh just looked it up apparently there is one Hooters in the UK. In Nottingham (yes Robin Hood town) the famous gun crime capital of the UK. Rednecks, guns, Hooters. It all adds up.

Shauna
09-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Huh just looked it up apparently there is one Hooters in the UK. In Nottingham (yes Robin Hood town) the famous gun crime capital of the UK. Rednecks, guns, Hooters. It all adds up.

Let's relocate the EoFF World Meet-Up to Nottingham.

Shorty
09-29-2014, 06:05 PM

I will attend only in the event that we can procure a maneless lion wearing a crown too big for its head.

Shauna
09-29-2014, 06:06 PM
I see no issues with that.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-29-2014, 06:21 PM
I've seen the name Twin Peaks on a sign on my drive to work everyday. I always wanted to believe it was related to the show.... This thread has killed the dream I dreamed.

noxious.sunshine
09-29-2014, 07:48 PM
We used to eat at the other place... trout. What's it called!? The Irish one.

TILTED KILT. Yeah. That place is yummy.

I couldn't care less about the attire. As long as the food and service are good, then I'm a happy camper.

Also you don't necessarily have to have large jugs to work in places like that. It's more about being in shape and having an overall physically appealing shape

chionos
09-29-2014, 07:55 PM

I will attend only in the event that we can procure a maneless lion wearing a crown too big for its head.

Pull it off and I'll actually show up at this imaginary EoFF world meet-up that'll never happen.

Shauna
09-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Pull it off and I'll actually show up at this imaginary EoFF world meet-up that'll never happen.

It's uh, very much under way in terms of planning. London 2016, baby. :3

ANYWAY. Boobs in restaurants.

chionos
09-29-2014, 08:15 PM
Oh yeah, the topic. I feel the same as Psychotic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against boobs by any means. I just personally feel it's pointless in a restaurant setting.

Considering what kids wear to school these days, I don't see how the kids going to Hooters is such a big deal. I mean, other than the very real prospect of cleaning, uh, stuff off the seats in the back of the bus.

I've never been to a Hooters, but I don't think they're overtly sexual, are they?

I have had wings from Hooters, even though I've never been in one, and I wasn't impressed. B-Dubs is the better RESTaurant for me; it doesn't have to rely on crap gimmicks to get people in. Wings & Beer. Breasts are best left for contexts where touching them will not get one arrested.

Freya
09-29-2014, 08:34 PM
I have had wings from Hooters, even though I've never been in one, and I wasn't impressed. B-Dubs is the better RESTaurant for me; it doesn't have to rely on crap gimmicks to get people in. Wings & Beer. Breasts are best left for contexts where touching them will not get one arrested.
B-Dubs has the best wings though, handsdown. I'll go there over hooters for wings any time. In fact I just went there Saturday! But they didn't have my Strongbow beer :( Don't market it if you don't have it!

Slothy
09-29-2014, 11:50 PM
This title of this restaurant is exceedingly misleading. I was hoping to come here finding handsome young homicide detectives with nice smiles helping themselves to a piece of cherry pie. :colbert:

I was very disappointed when I saw the full thread title and which forum it's in.

But oh well.

Colonel Angus
09-30-2014, 02:41 AM
I thought Europeans were supposed to be above this kind of thing!

Also, Noxy, The Tilted Kilt is SCOTTISH themed, not Irish. Racist.

noxious.sunshine
09-30-2014, 03:07 AM
MY BAD. FFS.

Tetra Master
10-05-2014, 08:07 AM

I couldn't agree more.

Buffalo Wild Wings is the place to go for wings, if you can get to one; and you don't get boobs or tight shorts beside your face while you eat them...eating is not where I would rather enjoy boobs or tight shorts.

Hannibal_Khan
10-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Men are genetically programmed to love breast. Shaming men for going to "breastaraunts" is hate-speech. If It was a scantily clad gay men serving gay customer's no one would say anything.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-05-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm in for the Nottingham Hooters meet up if I get to wear the green tights and a red feather in my cap.

Colonel Angus
10-06-2014, 01:36 AM
Tights might not be the best choice for Hooters attire.

DK
10-06-2014, 04:24 AM
I went to a hooters in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. The highlight of the night was when they started playing some loudass music and all the girls started dancing. Well, the native girls started dancing, but one woman that worked there who must have been Russian clearly had no idea what she was doing ran over halfway through and decided that she instead should try to show the patrons what happens when someone has a violent seizure while Cotton Eyed Joe plays in the background. It was hilarious and uncomfortably awkward. We left pretty soon after that to go and drink beer out of cow horns.

Hooters was pretty random tho, would not recommend.

noxious.sunshine
10-06-2014, 04:34 PM
B Dubs is amazing. Them Desert Heat Dry Rub wings are baller as fuck. As are the fried pickles.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-07-2014, 04:34 AM
Maybe there should be more male-centric ones, I'd be okay with that.

Yes please!

Also. The food at Hooters is better than the food at Twin Peaks, however TP has better outfits.
And neither of these two, nor BWW have great wings. Good wings at B Dubs. Not great. They others are alright.

I like boobs.

SuperMillionaire
10-18-2014, 09:53 PM
The only breastaurant I've been to is Hooters, and so far, I have not found any other breastaurant chain close to where i live.

When it comes to wings, to me, both Hooters and Buffalo Wild Wings have great wings, though I'm not into piquant-spicy wings.

Old Manus
10-19-2014, 10:32 PM
There used to be a Hooters in Cardiff that I used to visit occasionally, more for the novelty than anything else. It's very...American. As soon as you enter, every waitress stops what they're doing and shouts WELCOME TO HOOOOOTERRS~~ in badly done fake accent, which cranks up the awkward before you've even done anything. If you ever want to absolutely humiliate a friend for life, take him there on his birthday and let the waitresses know.

Shoeberto
10-22-2014, 05:33 PM
It's very...American.
Yeah. If you don't feel the awkwardness wash over you the entire time you're at Hooters, you are probably the kind of douchebag that makes the world hate America. Even if you're not American.

I fucking miss B-Dubs. I would happily eat Thai Curry wings until my heart exploded from backed-up cholesterol deposits. My wife and I will cross hell and high water to eat there anytime we make our way back to Ohio.

(There's like, one B-Dubs every 25 miles across western Ohio. There's like 4 in the entire state of Pennsylvania. My quality of life deteriorated substantially upon moving here.)

KentaRawr!
10-29-2014, 03:30 AM
Men are genetically programmed to love breast. Shaming men for going to "breastaraunts" is hate-speech. If It was a scantily clad gay men serving gay customer's no one would say anything.

I feel like absolutely everyone would say absolutely everything if there was a restaurant which acted on the assumption that men's bodies are for women's pleasure.

Edit: Woops, I misread. It would be serving gay customers specifically. So, yeah. Even more things would be said.

SuperMillionaire
11-12-2014, 07:10 PM
It makes me wonder why there isn't a male counterpart, perhaps called "Peckers," that features men catering to women.

Quindiana Jones
11-13-2014, 01:28 AM
I expect that would actually do incredibly well.

Hmmm.... :)

Shorty
11-13-2014, 01:53 AM
It would, because it would swiftly become the hottest gay joint in town.

SuperMillionaire
12-05-2014, 01:56 PM
But what if the waiters are straight?

chionos
12-05-2014, 08:17 PM
But what if the waiters are straight?

Wouldn't matter in the slightest.

SuperMillionaire
12-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Why wouldn't it matter?

Freya
12-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Sexuality doesn't matter. If there are hot [preferred gender] prancing around, they are there to look pretty for whomever. Whoever wants to look at them will go. If they themselves are gay, straight, whatever it doesn't matter, they are eye candy for whoever prefers to look at them.