PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the FFXV world

Hannibal_Khan
09-29-2014, 10:55 PM
In a recent article tabata states; "the game can be considered an open world RPG since areas are seamlessly connected" and "It’s more like Red Dead Redemption in that there are clear objective markers on the map to help players remain cognizant of how to keep progressing core storyline without getting lost on tangential stuff".

My questions are: 1) how big is this world gonna be? I've read some saying it would be 5x to 17x the size of skyrim.

2) Is it confirmed that we can drive the airships? Or just that there are airships in the world, b/c i haven't heard them talk about traveling by airship.

3) What about chocobo's? I like there car but i would also like to ride chocobo's across the continent in a caravan type fashion....like my own chocobo spice trail.

How do you guys feel about tabata's description of the world? Turned On or Turned Off? and here's a link to the article i referenced.. http://gematsu.com/2014/09/final-fantasy-xv-director-talks-development-open-world-combat-demo. and in this article doesnt specify XV, it does show tht SE could build a GIANT world.. http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/13/5795778/project-flare-square-enix-e3-skyrim

Freya
09-29-2014, 10:56 PM
I've heard them say the car is the airship but no confirmation if we do get one or not. Maybe it's more like the boats in the past games, like the before airship travel.

And tabata mentioned too that if they have time to add chocobos to the demo, we'll see them there. Otherwise we wont see them in the demo. So that means chocobos do exist still. Just, they aren't done.

Fox
09-29-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure about airships, as Tabata has said "the main method of transportation will be the car" [citation needed]. However, I am optimistic that chocobos will be in there as he said chocobos that you can ride would be added to the demo if the team have enough time. [citation needed]

I'm quite happy with the world I've seen and heard about so far. Modern day with some airships, magicm crazy beasts and Renaissance-y twists? Yeah, I can dig that.

Hannibal_Khan
09-29-2014, 11:05 PM
I've heard them say the car is the airship but no confirmation if we do get one or not. Maybe it's more like the boats in the past games, like the before airship travel.

And tabata mentioned too that if they have time to add chocobos to the demo, we'll see them there. Otherwise we wont see them in the demo. So that means chocobos do exist still. Just, they aren't done.
I'd rather have chocobos than airship anywayz. Also, if we get the main characters all male chocobos, then they can be Chocobro's hahhahaahah ill be here all week folks ;)

Fox
09-29-2014, 11:11 PM
Also, if we get the main characters all male chocobos, then they can be Chocobro's hahhahaahah ill be here all week folks ;)This is it folks! We've finally reached the zenith of comedy! It's all down hill from here XD

Mirage
09-30-2014, 12:52 AM
I'm not sure about airships, as Tabata has said "the main method of transportation will be the car" [citation needed]. However, I am optimistic that chocobos will be in there as he said chocobos that you can ride would be added to the demo if the team have enough time. [citation needed]

I'm quite happy with the world I've seen and heard about so far. Modern day with some airships, magicm crazy beasts and Renaissance-y twists? Yeah, I can dig that.

I bet we'll get a VTOL military plane. It will be awesome.

fat_moogle
09-30-2014, 01:44 AM
1) One things for sure, it's going to be big. If SE can pull off such a large world with XII then XV...I can't even imagine. XII felt disconnected at times with the loading in and out of areas, so it's great that this truly is open world. Imagine walking / Driving / Chocobo Ridin' across the large open plains and slowly seeing a huge city appear from over the horizon *_*

2) Airships were talked about for Versus XIII but I've not yet read anything to suggest that they'll appear in XV. Though I haven't read anything that says they won't appear, either. At this point it's anyone's guess, but sadly I don't think they'll make a (playable) return. If anything I imagine a system like X where you can fast travel to a location. For all we know though an airship could be the special surprise at the end of the demo. Speculate away!

3) As Freya and Fox have said, Chocobos have pretty much been confirmed already. I'm looking forward to seeing their design!

Wolf Kanno
09-30-2014, 05:31 AM
I'm cool with the idea of the world being more open and I fine with driving around, unlike most fans I could care less about Chocobos but then again, having an open world might finally make them useful as opposed to their usefulness in the last two console cycles barring MMOs.

I would love to see a playable airship but I am not holding my breath as I just kind of feel SE doesn't want to bother anymore on high end consoles and focus on a perpetual world design instead.

Honestly, I'm cool with what has been said about the world so far, I was worried the game would just be set pieces that were large but wouldn't offer much in terms of meaningful exploration and be more focused on the "spectacle". So far I'm digging the world design.

Psychotic
09-30-2014, 07:30 AM
I really like the idea of this giant open world where you can do whatever. However, I struggle to believe the 5x to 17x times the size of Skyrim. Having bigger and bigger open worlds isn't necessarily a good thing as you end up with a blander, less focused experience.

Depression Moon
09-30-2014, 08:22 AM
I have no idea how big Skyrim is, so that means nothing to me. I really hope we can get a controllable airship as well as chocobos.

Del Murder
10-03-2014, 05:12 PM
An open world FF sounds fun as long as there are fantastical elements to it. Maybe the car will be fun too. At first glance it takes the 'fantasy' part of it out. Even in the more moern-looking FFs like VII and VIII you had that steampunk vibe going for it and you had talking wolves, floating school fortresses, and of course airships. I don't want to play FF in a modern setting, even if there are huge mystical beasts attacking that setting. That's not FF, that's Godzilla. There's so much we don't know so I'm hoping it's not all cars, fields, and skyscrapers.

Hannibal_Khan
10-03-2014, 08:26 PM
An open world FF sounds fun as long as there are fantastical elements to it. Maybe the car will be fun too. At first glance it takes the 'fantasy' part of it out. Even in the more moern-looking FFs like VII and VIII you had that steampunk vibe going for it and you had talking wolves, floating school fortresses, and of course airships. I don't want to play FF in a modern setting, even if there are huge mystical beasts attacking that setting. That's not FF, that's Godzilla. There's so much we don't know so I'm hoping it's not all cars, fields, and skyscrapers.
Man i agree fully. But in XV i think noctis city is more advanced than others so maybe we will have some more fantasy/mideval towns. Also they need to lose the guns. guns aint fantasy. Not a single gun in FFIX that i remember.

Fox
10-03-2014, 09:15 PM

Well we've seen giant airships in the trailers as well. I mean who knows if you can actually go into one at any point, but I'm anticipating it being quite similar to FFVIII in terms of setting.

Del Murder
10-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Wasn't that an early trailer?

Fox
10-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Wasn't that an early trailer?

No, they were in the E3 2013 and TGS '14 trailers as well. Find the bit in the TGS one where the second piece of music starts to play, they show up then.

Del Murder
10-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Neato.

Kozmos
10-04-2014, 05:40 AM
I know Tabata said that players could choose to travel by foot or by chocobo, but I wonder if you'd be able to travel through the entire game on chocoboback and have a 'classic' final fantasy playthough. =P

Hannibal_Khan
10-04-2014, 08:15 AM
I know Tabata said that players could choose to travel by foot or by chocobo, but I wonder if you'd be able to travel through the entire game on chocoboback and have a 'classic' final fantasy playthough. =P This Is EXCATLY what i want to do!
What about chocobo's? I like there car but i would also like to ride chocobo's across the continent in a caravan type fashion....like my own chocobo spice trail.Do you have a link to that article that says you can travel by chocobo?

Ayen
10-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Most likely not as big as fans will hype it up to be, but not as small as the biggest skeptic would probably think. I hope the open world will be more inviting this time around, as I didn't find any incentive to explore the world of FFXII. A marker to let you know where the next main story advancement is would be nice. If it weren't for those I'd spend a large quantity of these open world games wandering around for hours on end.

Kozmos
10-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Do you have a link to that article that says you can travel by chocobo?
For some reason I couldn't find an article to link you with the translation, but here's the quote. It's from the 4gamer interview.

さらに,「開発が順調に行けば,チョコボを(体験版に)入れられるかも」
He says (speaking about the demo), "Additionally, if development goes well, we might put in a chocobo." So if there are chocobos in the demo, there definitely will be in the final game. :D