PDA

View Full Version : Picnic Foods

noxious.sunshine
09-30-2014, 03:21 AM
So my lil girl is gonna be here on Friday and we're going to have a picnic on the beach one day! Maybe like a late dinner type thing to watch the sunset and stuff..

I know- there's the typical sandwiches and wraps & chips thing, but I need/want ideas for other main dishes and sides that are like more fancy-ish but still kid friendly.

Halp!

blackmage_nuke
09-30-2014, 03:56 AM
When I think of beaches I think of watermelon slices

Night Fury
09-30-2014, 06:41 AM
Can you take one of those little disposable BBQ's to the beach? You could grab one of those and some fish or something!

Or do some roast/pulled pork the night before and take it with you with some salad veggies!

Pheesh
09-30-2014, 07:30 AM
Dunno how adventurous your child is with food but a fun and fresh picnic food is sung choi bao. You make the mince mixture the night before (lots of room to add veggies like peas, corn, carrot etc. into this as well), then all you need is to bring it along in some tupperware and bring along some fresh lettuce leaves to wrap it up in. Obviously it's a bit better if the mince mixture is warm as well, so maybe just warm it up before you're about to leave or something.

http://img.erecipe.com/images/recipe_upload/6081ff19d5c5108d2e7dd99cc2e8ee3aaca06efe.jpg

Or make a quiche! Leftover quiche is smurfing epic.

Night Fury
09-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Not again babe, didn't you learn from last time to leaf the lettuce alone!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-30-2014, 09:52 AM
When I think of beaches I think of watermelon slices

Here, have some.

fat_moogle
10-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Don't forget your boiled eggs!

My Mum always used to take boiled eggs to the beach along with sandwiches, crisps, drinks etc.

Why not throw in some mini sausage rolls and cocktail sausages while you're at it!