PDA

View Full Version : There's nothing better than a Final Fantasy community!

Kozmos
09-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Hey everyone! I (like many others, I'm sure) haven't been able to get my Final Fantasy discussion fix from everyday life and, after spending awhile browsing the forums, I just couldn't help but to jump in! Over a decade ago (crazy to think about) I was really active in another FF community, and there's just something about the collective love of this great series that creates a really great atmosphere.

I'm a huge fan of the whole FF series, though I haven't particularly cared for some of the more recent entries (excluding FFXIVARR). That being said, I do currently feel like the conductor on the FFXV hype train =P. It may be just because it was my first, but FFVIII is my absolute favorite and I am willing to go to blows over it :D. Besides FF, I love a lot of the older Square RPGs like Xenogears and the Chrono games, and in the past year I've become a big fan of the Persona series.

I studied Japanese in college and though I haven't kept the skill as sharp as I'd like in the past few years, I still love to translate things from time to time if it gets me really excited.

It's so great to be joining all of you and hopefully I can do my part to contribute to interesting discussions in the future!

Psychotic
09-30-2014, 10:18 PM
I couldn't agree more! We have a great group of people here and I'm glad we've added you to our ranks! :) Welcome!

Ayen
09-30-2014, 11:05 PM
You're gonna get along just fine. Or not. I'm not psychic.

Welcome to EoFF!

Freya
09-30-2014, 11:09 PM
We're fully hyped up around here so fill free to get a ticket to the train.

Welcome to eoff!

Scotty_ffgamer
09-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Welcome! VIII was my first, and it is still my favorite. I've also recently gotten into the Persona series. The new Persona 4 Arena came out today, but I was having car troubles and couldn't pick it up :(.

Shorty
09-30-2014, 11:49 PM
Welcome! :) How did you find our little community here?

Slothy
10-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Must...fight...sarcasm...reflex...

Allow me.

Ahem: I would kill every single person here if I could.

Welcome aboard. :D

Kozmos
10-01-2014, 12:34 AM
How did you find our little community here?
I've been aware of it through the years, and have stopped by now and again to read some discussions. Always lurking though. =P

Shorty
10-01-2014, 12:35 AM
I see! Well, we're happy to have you. :) Also, great name!

fat_moogle
10-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll find plenty of topics to sink your teeth in to! :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-01-2014, 02:47 AM
What was the name of the FF community you were active in a long time ago?

Mirage
10-01-2014, 02:53 AM
There's nothing better than a Final Fantasy community!

So you're saying this place is the best humanity has to offer? All of evolution leads to this place? The ultimate meaning of life?

I feel sad now. Thanks a lot, newbie :(

Kozmos
10-01-2014, 06:43 AM
What was the name of the FF community you were active in a long time ago?
It was Final Fantasy: Worlds Apart... back in like 2000.... Geeze haha. Long time ago!

Psychotic
10-01-2014, 08:26 AM
That's kind of where this very forum came from.

Have a read of this Kotaku article about our community http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-fansite-that-changed-thousands-of-peo-484432842 it might give you some nostalgia!

Sephex
10-01-2014, 10:04 AM
HELLO AND WELCOME TO FORUMS I AM STUCK AT WORK AND MY CAPS IS STUCK ON AS ARE ALL MY PUNCTUATION KEYS ARE BROKEN I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME AT THESE FORUMS SORRY ENGLISH IS MY FIRST LANGUAGE

noxious.sunshine
10-02-2014, 01:42 AM
Welcome newborn .

Rin Heartilly
10-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Hey Kozmos! I'm new too and joined for the exact same reasons as you! I am SO happy that FFVIII is your favorite, it was my first FF and my absolute favorite too haha :D Awesome!
Anyways welcome! ^^

Shauna
10-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy EoFF to its fullest!

When you're not nerding out over FF, what do you do with your time? :D

Kozmos
10-05-2014, 03:23 AM
When you're not nerding out over FF, what do you do with your time? :D
I'm in graduate school so that takes up most of my free time. :D