PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

fat_moogle
10-01-2014, 02:19 AM
I work in retail and every year our Christmas display goes up so early. It started going up about 3 days ago and should be ready by Friday 3rd October. Trees, lights, decorations...I'll have to endure it for over three months, 1/4 of the year!

With that said:

- When do you put your decorations up?

- Do you tend to shop early or do you leave everything until the last minute?

- What would you like for Christmas this year?

- Discuss anything else Christmas related!

Ayen
10-01-2014, 02:31 AM
- When do you put your decorations up?

December.

- Do you tend to shop early or do you leave everything until the last minute?

Some time in December before Christmas. Maybe a couple of week before. I don't really keep track.

- What would you like for Christmas this year?

Human souls that I can then harness to become immortal and have absolute power! But I'll settle for video games.

- Discuss anything else Christmas related!

No :stare: It's going on October.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-01-2014, 02:37 AM
But I'll settle for Rise of the Tomb RaiderHoliday 2015 :monster:

Ayen
10-01-2014, 02:43 AM

Crap. Thought it was this year for some reason.

Edit: Ah, got it mixed up with Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.

noxious.sunshine
10-01-2014, 02:57 AM
our family tradition is The Day After Thanksgiving our tree and decorations go up.

But, I'll be in Texas for that this year and I doubt my dad will want to put up a tree. There's no space in his new RV.

This year, I'm aiming to get a real tree. My "lil sister" will be here like the 2nd week of December so that's something we're hoping to do together. All of us pile up in the car and go find the perfect tree.

theundeadhero
10-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Well, my Christmas tree is still up, so...

Shorty
10-01-2014, 06:15 AM
When I worked at Sears, Christmas decorations went up September 1st. Airblown Santas, blinking lights, reindeer, Winter Wonderland and everything. It was stupid.

A big tradition here is the day after Thanksgiving, but I prefer atleast December 1st or later. November is for Thanksgiving, and any sooner than that is just obscene.

Crop
10-01-2014, 07:37 AM
I adore Christmas, it's one of my favourite times of the year. That said, Christmas time starts December 1st. That's when I feel it is acceptable to put up decorations, listen to the songs and really get into the Christmas mood.

Until that date, I'm a real Grinch.
After that date I'm like Scrooge...after he's been visited by the ghosts.

fat_moogle
10-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Well, my Christmas tree is still up, so...
Is this because you love Christmas or are you just too lazy to take it down? :lol:

Does it still have decorations on?

There used to be a house near where I live that kept their outside lights up all year round. Not on, just up. Presumably as it was too much effort getting up on the roof and getting it back down just to put it up again later in the year.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-01-2014, 12:58 PM

Crap. Thought it was this year for some reason.

Edit: Ah, got it mixed up with Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.

That's still a good game to look forward to :monocle:

When I worked at Sears, Christmas decorations went up September 1st. Airblown Santas, blinking lights, reindeer, Winter Wonderland and everything. It was stupid.

This may be the reason they're steadily closing up shop.

Dark_Valentine
10-01-2014, 04:26 PM
I noticed the other day that walmart has already started putting out Christmas stuff! That's crazy to me...we don't start decorating until the day after Thanksgiving. My aunt, however, put her Christmas tree up last week...

Ayen
10-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Kmart had a "Not" Christmas commercial last month where they avoided saying the word Christmas but kept talking about an event in December.

I can't decide if the ad was clever or annoying. Is cleverly annoying a thing?

fat_moogle
10-02-2014, 12:17 AM
...we don't start decorating until the day after Thanksgiving. My aunt, however, put her Christmas tree up last week...
Last week? My god. Has she put the turkey in the oven yet?! :lol:

theundeadhero
10-02-2014, 12:55 AM
Fully decorated and ready to be plugged in, my tree just never moved. It never felt like the right time to take it down.

Christmas
03-28-2023, 11:22 AM
So is your tree still up? Can i drop by and pee on it? :bigsmile:

theundeadhero
03-29-2023, 04:29 AM
I could set it up for you to pee on it if you need me to.

Madonna
03-29-2023, 08:01 AM
Oh to be blessed with the Christmas mark, a sign that your holidays will be stained in cheer.