PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Scotty_ffgamer
10-01-2014, 02:55 AM
Anyone here a fan of these games? I remember being so excited when I saw the first Crystal Chronicles game, thinking I was finally getting an epic FF game on my Gamecube. What I got was... not that. I was entranced by the soundtrack, and it was definitely a pretty game, but I got bored quickly. I remember always wanting to experience it how it was meant to be played, with 4 people all around the tv, but I didn't have friends who had Gameboy Advances/link cables. After all these years, I've found some friends who will hopefully soon try to play through the game with me! With that, I've found myself kind of interested in checking out some of the other games.

What's everyone's favorite game from this series? Was it one of the games in the same vein as the original, or did you mostly stick with some of the spinoffs like My Life as a King, Crystal Bearers, etc?

Ayen
10-01-2014, 03:45 AM
I only played the first game of the series. One of my personal favorites for the GameCube. Got to experience the multiplayer with my cousins, but I enjoyed it just as much even on single player. I was worried I'd have to carry the lamp thingy or whatever on my own, but luckily they have a moogle do that on Single Player. Good times. I should review it some day.

Wolf Kanno
10-01-2014, 04:42 AM
The first game definitely requires the multiplayer to be enjoyable. It's actually a well done party game with a full set of heroes much like Zelda Four Swords. I enjoyed the first one but never got around to playing the others.

Vyk
10-01-2014, 05:04 AM
Yeah I had nobody to play this game with and hated it. Completely disenchanted me with the entire idea with the rest of the series and haven't really even thought of playing the others. The girlfriend looked into them once, and one or two seemed mildly interesting, but if I remember correctly they had mildly broken multiplayer too..