PDA

View Full Version : That Spark

Edge7
10-01-2014, 04:26 AM
So, I've really gotten out of touch with classic Final Fantasy.

I have.

I've spent my latter years of High School, and the first two years of College playing other old-school JRPGs: Xenogears, Megami Tensei, Valkyrie Profile, Wild Arms, among many, many others. My most recent addiction is the 3 Matsuno-directed Ivalice games, Vagrant Story, FFXII and FFT WotL. I was pretty set on beating Final Fantasy XII or Vagrant Story before moving on to the next RPG, but, for whatever reason, I was just staring at my Final Fantasy poster (so kindly provided to me by the nice people at EoFF) and figured I might as well start up a file of FFVI. So last night, I took my PS2, broke out the old FF Anthology Port, and popped that sucker in.

That was a great decision.

I can't put my finger on "why" I was hit so hard by nostalgia; VI was hardly the first FF I played, nor is it my favorite. In addition, I have been playing V and VII on and off for the last couple of years. Whatever the reason, that shot of Terra, Biggs and Wedge marching towards the sleeping town of Narche was all it took for me to reaffirm my love for Final Fantasy. I don't think I've had a more comforting experience in quite some time.

I really don't have any prompt or question, I just wanted to share a little vignette with you guys. Any other stories are welcome here, so let's spread the love!