PDA

View Full Version : What was the last game you beat?

fat_moogle
10-02-2014, 01:31 AM
& what were your thoughts on the game?

Tonight I completed Diablo III on PS4. I played as a Monk and I enjoyed it, and will continue to do so. Once you complete the game you unlock bounties and such so you can continue playing, or create a new character. I decided to make a new one (Witch Doctor) which I'll try out tomorrow...well, today. It's also a great game to have for couch co-op!

Ayen
10-02-2014, 01:34 AM
Final Fantasy XII and my thoughts can be found here (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/159421-Final-Fantasy-XII-Review-%28Spoilers%29).

That was last week and marked the third Final Fantasy game I completed after VII and X.

Colonel Angus
10-02-2014, 02:50 AM
The last game I beat was FF:Dawn of Souls, as a solo Red Wizard.

Before that, I don't even remember.

Depression Moon
10-02-2014, 02:59 AM
Well I consider complete different than beat. The last one I beat was Guacamelee I think, that or either Valkyrie Profile Lenneth.

escobert
10-02-2014, 03:38 AM
I have no idea.

If you count winning a round of Civ V then I guess that. The games I mainly play don't necessarily have an end point.

I love me some Civ. I have almost 1000 hours logged into V.

I found what I was looking for today in DayZ so that's like beating the game imo lol. I found a black ski mask with a skull print on it.

Wolf Kanno
10-02-2014, 04:19 AM
Beat? That would be Vagrant Story about a month ago.

Completed? That would be this game:

Also about a month ago. Was going through my NES collection.

Shorty
10-02-2014, 04:24 AM
Fallout 3 earlier this year. Thoughts included, "why the smurf would they do that," "what a terrible plot point oh my god," "well, that was easy," "can you pickled dillholes please just teach me how to use this power armor?" "what's going to happen to that robot?" "IS THIS IT? WAS THAT ALL?" and "what a tremendous waste of time."

Rostum
10-02-2014, 04:53 AM
God of War 3 and Final Fantasy X HD around the same time, played them with my girlfriend. :)

Ayen
10-02-2014, 04:59 AM
Fallout 3 earlier this year. Thoughts included, "why the smurf would they do that," "what a terrible plot point oh my god," "well, that was easy," "can you pickled dillholes please just teach me how to use this power armor?" "what's going to happen to that robot?" "IS THIS IT? WAS THAT ALL?" and "what a tremendous waste of time."

Can I expect Fallout 3 to get the Bioshock treatment on your blog soon? I'll be replaying both before the year is up.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-02-2014, 05:00 AM
The other day I beat The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.

Despite the popularity of the characters and the show, the game was pretty much universally panned. I'm in the minority, though. I really love this game. This is like my 4th or 5th time getting to the end credits since I bought it.

Shorty
10-02-2014, 05:06 AM
Giving it the Bioshock treatment would mean giving it atleast some praise, which is something I do think think I can do. But perhaps it will appear there before long!

Night Fury
10-02-2014, 05:21 AM
Pokemon X last year lmao

Pike
10-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Diablo 3 for me as well. Mister Adequate and I couch co-op'd the thing on Xbox 360 on the hardest difficulty it would let us use. I was a Barbarian and he was a... what does this game use for Paladin again? Crusader? That's what he was. We just went around and smashed things in the face and it was pretty great.

We then proceeded to beat the expansion pack, and then we upped the difficulty and started anew (with the same characters) but now that it's something we've already done we're putting less time into it. It is still a lot of fun, of course!

Shauna
10-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Uhhh Lego Batman 2? I think. I wouldn't count Hyrule Warriors in this, because it's not completed yet, but we did finish it.

fat_moogle
10-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Changed the thread title to "beat" instead of "completed" :)

Shauna
10-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Changed the thread title to "beat" instead of "completed" :)

:up: Got it for you.

Bolivar
10-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Rogue Legacy on my Vita!

escobert
10-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Giving it the Bioshock treatment would mean giving it atleast some praise, which is something I do think think I can do. But perhaps it will appear there before long!

It obvious you didn't have point lookout/ Broken Steel then the game wouldn't have ended for you :p So I wouldn't go getting all huffy puffy when you only beat the very basic game and not the rest. there's a ton more.

Shorty
10-02-2014, 04:19 PM
A game should stand on its own from the DLC content, and this one didn't. A couple of good DLCs do not make up for a poor game.

I Took the Red Pill
10-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Dark Souls 2 a week or two after it came out.

escobert
10-02-2014, 04:47 PM
A game should stand on its own from the DLC content, and this one didn't. A couple of good DLCs do not make up for a poor game.

It does stand on it own. Do something other than just the story and you'd be playing for over 100 hours :P

I do 100% agree the way the story arch went was horrible. You just start getting into it and bam it's over. But, I also hardly ever play games for the story so that was very minor for me. There's a ton to explore and downtown Washington is fun to run around. Add in the Pitt and Point Lookout and there's two new areas that are pretty good in size to explore and the Pitt adds a lot of cool choices in the mix story wise on top of better equipment. Broken steel just adds more killing the enclave and Operation Anchorage is annoying but you get some decent gear.

Markus. D
10-02-2014, 05:04 PM

yes they do. you rule out expansions with that mindset.

Shorty
10-02-2014, 06:09 PM

It does stand on it own. Do something other than just the story and you'd be playing for over 100 hours :P

I do 100% agree the way the story arch went was horrible. You just start getting into it and bam it's over. But, I also hardly ever play games for the story so that was very minor for me. There's a ton to explore and downtown Washington is fun to run around. Add in the Pitt and Point Lookout and there's two new areas that are pretty good in size to explore and the Pitt adds a lot of cool choices in the mix story wise on top of better equipment. Broken steel just adds more killing the enclave and Operation Anchorage is annoying but you get some decent gear.

Why do you assume I've only been playing the main story arc? ;) I've been through plenty of the game itself without the DLC. Adding more playing time doesn't necessarily equate to "better," it just gives you more to do.

yes they do. you rule out expansions with that mindset.

Not necessarily. Saying that doesn't mean I rule out expansions. I simply judge them as expansions not included in the rest of the game.

Psychotic
10-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Nothing wrong with reviewing a game without its DLC because that's how the studio shipped it as finished. I would also say if you didn't enjoy the game itself then why would you actually want to shell out more hard earned cash on the game you didn't like? And if you didn't enjoy it, the DLC isn't going to suddenly turn a game you hate into one you like. In FO3 each DLC probably has 5% of the content of the original game. That 5% may be awesome but that doesn't mitigate 95% bad.

That being said, I actually really like Fallout 3 - main story aside - and don't think it's 95% bad, and I particularly enjoyed the DLC Bert mentioned :shobon: I just think you can judge a game without its DLC and DLC should definitely not be make-or-break.

escobert
10-03-2014, 12:04 AM
The way they do games and DLC now you kinda have to judge it all as one together. Too many games put a game out and already have DLC ready for it. It's not like the early 2000's when you would have to wait at least a year for the first expansion to come out.

Ayen
10-03-2014, 12:47 AM
Fallout 3 is basically the red headed stepchild of the Fallout series, anyway. I'm not surprised she didn't like it.

Depression Moon
10-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Rogue Legacy on my Vita!

That's still on my to play list.

Ayen
10-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Now the last game I beat is Luigi's Mansion as of today. Short game is short, but I'm not complaining; gives me more time to work on the review and enjoy the rest of my week.

Pete for President
10-04-2014, 05:44 AM
Child of Light. It's a glorious game :]

DMKA
10-04-2014, 06:12 AM
New Super Mario Bros U

It was pretty lackluster to be honest.

Markus. D
10-04-2014, 09:46 AM
smash bros! im yet to go against the core yet, but i'm workin' my way up to it ><

Taiga
10-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Finally beat Tales of the Abyss yesterday. I think I started playing this game.. 2 years ago or so? So it was about time. ;)
It's definitely one of my favorite Tales of entries, however, towards the end I was just hoping for it to finally be over. I didn't like this whole "go to town A, then town B, town C, back to B for 10 seconds, then to D, back to B for a single scene, and then back to A and C for 10 seconds etc." thingie which got kinda out of control towards the end, at least in my opinion.
Apart from that: interesting story, great characters, nice music and best Tales of opening song ever.

Sephiroth
10-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Final Fantasy VIII, I'm about to post a review for it in a new thread.

DMKA
10-07-2014, 05:17 AM
The Wonderful 101

It was good! It takes some getting used to and has one of the steepest learning curves I've ever seen in a single player game, and it can get repetitive, but the last half of the game is pure crazy fun and has some very memorable boss fights.

metagloria
10-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Majora's Mask for the first time. Really enjoyed it, probably better than Ocarina. Skyward Sword remains my favorite in the series.