PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Gaming

Wolf Kanno
10-02-2014, 05:36 AM
So I started a tradition where I play survival-horror/horror games in October in the spirit of Halloween, this year I'm going to try to tackle Fatal Frame again because my last playthrough was interrupted by life. Two years ago when I started the tradition, I played and completed Silent Hill 2 which was smurfing amazing. Hope to keep the trend going this year and actually finish Fatal Frame, I plan to start over. So does anyone else play more "festive" games this time of year? What's your favorite Horror game?

Scotty_ffgamer
10-02-2014, 05:48 AM
I don't normally do anything special, but I did play through the first or second Silent Hill a couple of years ago for October. Most of my festivities involve horror movies.

I don't have access to my consoles right now, so I probably won't get to go with my original plan for this year. Strangely enough, I was also going to play through Fatal Frame! Closest I can get is my current playthrough of Danganronpa 2, but that's not really horror! Maybe I'll pick up Corpse Party and play that this month.

Ayen
10-02-2014, 05:57 AM
I started having a Halloween Month last year where I played Dark Souls, Darksiders, Devil May Cry, and F.E.A.R. 2. Granted, the only horror game out of that list was F.E.A.R., but the first Devil May Cry has a pretty spooky atmosphere that fits the season.

This year I'm going through Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Luigi's Mansion, BioShock, Resident Evil, and Silent Hill. While all of them aren't classified as horror, they're spooky enough IMO. Finished SotN just this past week and moved on to Luigi's Mansion. It's a nice little survival horror for children IMO.

Vyk
10-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Corpse Party is flipping awesome. I think the only thing I have that would be worth playing would be Alan Wake. Though I do love that game, I have no drive to play through it for festive obligations with so many other games on my plate at the moment

Though this would probably be a good time to mention one that surprised me over the summer. My girlfriend and I came across Obscure. If you like campy horror movies like The Faculty you'll feel right at home in this game. It was originally for PS2 and original X-Box. And later ported to Steam. We got it on Steam. Surprisingly enough, it's a couch co-op game. Even the steam version. With controller compatibility. So it was a really fun little romp through horror highschool. It's aged surprisingly well, with unusually good voice acting

Depression Moon
10-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Nah, but I if I recall correctly didn't XII come out on Halloween?

Scotty_ffgamer
10-03-2014, 05:05 AM
I wasn't even thinking about Steam games! I might save my money on Corpse Party for a while and play through Alan Wake, Lone Survivor, and/or Amnesia!

chionos
10-03-2014, 05:24 AM
During Halloween weekend my gaming crew plays a one-off Jenga Horror game in which, when you need to take an action, you pull a block (or two or three, etc.) and if you fail, you die in game. We've done Friday the 13th theme, a Cthulhu theme, etc. It's all kinds of fun, and I can't wait for it every year. I'm not sure yet what theme we're going with this year, but whatever it is, it'll be a good time.

I wish I wish I wish this was already out. Because it is what I'd be playing all October long.

gY91vV0rWr4

Bringing the horror back to survival horror? Yes, please.

Actually, I may end up getting The Evil Within, if the early reviews are good enough.

Markus. D
10-03-2014, 06:07 AM
there's too much stuff coming out this month and also i have a frail horror durability DX

Shiny
10-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Ha, the amount of people bashing Silent Hills on that YouTube vid is laughable considering they're going to be some of the same people who are going to be saying how amazing it is when it comes out.