PDA

View Full Version : Tabata Demands More Car Memes!

Wolf Kanno
10-02-2014, 06:19 PM
So while the game's producer was annoyed with the car memes that came up for the game, the title's director Tabata thought they were funny as hell and got SE to release art assets to use for more memes.

Here's a link to the story and art assets. (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/02/final-fantasy-xv-director-encourages-fans-make-car-memes/)

Del Murder
10-02-2014, 06:20 PM
I like this Tabata. Bring on the memes!

FFFFsephychibi
10-02-2014, 06:58 PM

Sorry guys but I could not resist.

Ouch!
10-03-2014, 12:21 AM
In limited interaction so far, Tabata sounds very similar to Yoshida in regards to how he has approached discussing the game and his willingness to engage in things that the fans are interested in. Those familiar with the development of Final Fantasy XIV after Tanaka was booted off the project and Yoshida came in to take over would recognize this as very good news. I think it's past time that the old guard at Square Enix passes the reigns onto the new guys who have a much more open (although still controlled) interaction with their fanbase. Hopefully Tabata continues along this path.

Ayen
10-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Has anyone done a Jurassic Park one yet?

Vyk
10-03-2014, 12:44 AM
Wow, I'm with the consensus on this one. I like this guy's style. Free advertising for the game, the fans get invested more, everyone wins

Freya
10-03-2014, 02:12 PM
As I said in the other thread, it shows you how out of touch the SE higher ups are. They don't like it, Tabata loves it. Same thing happened with Yoshi-P. He wanted to interact with the fans more and SE was like ehhhhhh. He did it and the XIV community loves him.

Loony BoB
10-03-2014, 05:07 PM
In limited interaction so far, Tabata sounds very similar to Yoshida in regards to how he has approached discussing the game and his willingness to engage in things that the fans are interested in. Those familiar with the development of Final Fantasy XIV after Tanaka was booted off the project and Yoshida came in to take over would recognize this as very good news. I think it's past time that the old guard at Square Enix passes the reigns onto the new guys who have a much more open (although still controlled) interaction with their fanbase. Hopefully Tabata continues along this path.
While I agree, it should be noted that in my opinion Yoshi-P has dramatically backtracked in how transparent he is over the past year or two. I'm not overly worried, but the concern is definitely there that is turning away from "What do the fans want?" (which he did so well during 1.x) and heading towards the "What do I want?" that we are accustomed to from other Devs. He is still often open with fans, but being open about what he wants and that being in line with what the fans want are two different things.

Tabata has his hands tied with a lot of the things he's doing with this game, but I still have high hopes (and when the game is out, will go into it with an open mind).

Hannibal_Khan
10-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Compilation of Final Fantasy XV Car Photoshops https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt_qRPrB850

Vyk
10-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Compilation of Final Fantasy XV Car Photoshops https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt_qRPrB850
That video apparently didn't last too long lol It's gone now. Whatever it was