PDA

View Full Version : So what if this turns out to be the crown jewel of the Fabula Nova Crystallis?

Wolf Kanno
10-02-2014, 06:28 PM
I mean XIII and it's two sequels were very dividing games, and it seems like every new piece of info on XV is dividing the fanbase more and more as the reality of what they are getting clashes with the perfect dream game people thought they were getting eight years ago. That leaves this game, which while I'm sure most will bad mouth it for being a handheld title doesn't seem to suffer from the hype backlash as the other two entries of the wonderful FNC that SE sprung on us and thus it might actually be the only entry to get a fair shake from the fans since no one expected anything from it. Thoughts?

Del Murder
10-02-2014, 06:40 PM
I've said this before, but I'm more excited for this game than FFXV because this looks more like the FF I've wanted for a few years now. I was disappointed when it didn't come out in the West and the fact that we are getting now with a HD remaster is awesome.

Type-0 does benefit from the fact that it's not a numbered FF title and doesn't have the same hype/development delay as Versus/XV.

I don't mind it being a handheld port since SE's handheld titles have been better than their console titles for the last several years.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-02-2014, 07:52 PM
I've liked all the Fabula Nova Crystallis entries thus far. If the best is yet to come, all the more reason to be hyped.

Hannibal_Khan
10-02-2014, 09:04 PM
It looks damn good for being a psp port.

DMKA
10-03-2014, 02:37 AM
The only thing that concerns me is the battle system. I don't get it.

fat_moogle
10-03-2014, 02:47 AM
You'll get it when you play it. Each character has specific attacks that are mapped to the face buttons. Square may be lightning, X may be sword attack etc. Different type of spells have different effects I believe, like some are more suited to short range and others are more spread out. I think close range is called shotgun or something. ..?

Ayen
10-03-2014, 03:21 AM
Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. I just hope it makes its way to the PC before too long. I won't be getting a PS4 anytime soon and I'm not going to pay four-hundred bucks just to buy one game.

Wolf Kanno
10-03-2014, 03:49 AM

Each character utilizes a different weapon and thus different play-style when used as melee, magic is fixed to buttons but you get to customize them by choosing the element and then an effect like "Shotgun" or "Missile" which changes the spell to suit your play-style. There is also a funky deathblow move all characters perform which when performed successfully, grants the player Phantoma which restores their magic a bit.

You bring teams into missions which allow you to switch between the characters and offer more combat variety. When a character uses a summon, they are replaced by the summon and lost for the rest of the mission. Summons have unique fighting styles and are very powerful but only can fight for limited time. There are also Trinity Attacks which are simple group attacks using all three party members.

Combat basically feels like a mix of Crisis Core, though the different fighting styles add more variety.

On the world map, there are two other types of battles: Skirmishes, which are like mini-war battles similar in concept to Suikoden's War battles, and Airship Dogfights which are exactly what it says on the tin.

Del Murder
10-03-2014, 04:22 AM
That all sounds awesome.