PDA

View Full Version : Slam Dunk

Night Fury
10-03-2014, 05:37 AM
Now, a tea thread is not on the first page for Quina's Kitchen. So I'm going to assume we have not had this thread, and if we have well... we like repeating ourselves so why not.

Do you dunk biscuits in your tea/coffee/other hot beverage? What are your favourite things to dunk?

I will pretty much dunk anything that isn't like, a cake because it would crumble away. Some favourite things to dunk are Twix, Kit Kat, Kit Kat Chunky, Dairy Milk (like, the big bars that you crack a strip off... DUNK IT)

I have tried with Jaffa Cakes, but they just go pretty soggy and are likely to fall off into the brew. Chocolate bourbons are amazing dunked in tea, as are malted milk or even just the bog standard chocolate digestive.

INB4: I'm Daniel Towns and I dunk bread into my hot soup drink! :monster:

Freya
10-03-2014, 02:23 PM
There's not really a "sometimes" option so I just hit yes. I sometimes do when I'm feeling dunkish.

fat_moogle
10-03-2014, 04:41 PM
I don't really drink tea anymore, but I used to love dunking custard creams! And yes sometimes chocolate...but I wouldn't always dunk that. I'd bite off a bit of chocolate, have a sip of tea and then bask in the glory that is chocolate melting in your mouth!

Shorty
10-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Kit Kats in coffee are smurfing amazing, oh my god. So is dunking those Pepperidge Farm Pirouettes into coffee. Oh my christ, I can eat an entire container of those things. At a little coffee shop I frequented they used to carry these tiny little chocolate balls you could drop into your coffee or just plain eat, so I'd put one in my mouth and then take a sip of coffee and they were sooo delightful.

http://www.howdoesshe.com/wp-content/uploads/alysha-high-heel-cupcake-18.jpg

I've never had biscuits in tea, and I've never been a fan of biscotti. I've tried it a couple of times and I just don't like it.

Freya
10-03-2014, 05:23 PM
In the spirit of this thread, I dunked my nature valley cruncy almond bar in my coffee.

It went alright. Much less crunchy.

Shauna
10-03-2014, 08:01 PM
I like dunking things into coffee, and that is the only way I can enjoy anything coffee-ish. I think it's because all the sugar of the biscuits balances out the horrible bitter of the coffee.

Colonel Angus
10-03-2014, 11:07 PM
I used to dunk my Jingles in Hot Chocolate. #noinnuendo

I really don't like coffee much, unless it's a frappe or frappaccino.

I do like dunking my Red Vines in pop.

Ayen
10-04-2014, 02:08 AM
No. I did dip my fishsticks into chocolate pudding once. It was delicious.