PDA

View Full Version : Spicy spicy!

Night Fury
10-04-2014, 04:30 PM
So I just had my first taste of vindaloo curry tonight. It was tasty but not the hot action I thought it would be. Either I have amazing tolerance to spicy food, or it just wasn't that spicy!

How much heat can you handle? Pheesh and I are both pretty good. We cook with chilli all the time, my mum and sister though are SO bad with heat, you can't even sprinkle in some chilli flakes without them sweating and panting and refusing to eat anymore. :colbert:

Shauna
10-04-2014, 04:52 PM
I am not a fan of spicy. When I get an indian take-out, I stick to a good korma because I am wary of how spicy things get.

Colonel Angus
10-04-2014, 05:25 PM
I don't mind spicy food too much. I usually pay dearly for it later, so I try to keep away, but every once in a while I like it kicked up a notch.

noxious.sunshine
10-04-2014, 06:00 PM
I love it.

My limit is Serrano peppers, though when it comes to fresh.. Ancho & Guajillo for dried. I'll sometimes use dried Japanese chiles but they're extra spicy.

If I get stuck using habanero, I can only use the tiniest seeded sliver, finely finely chopped.

I want to up my heat tolerance though..

Ergroilnin
10-04-2014, 09:09 PM
I love spicy stuff! But I unfortunately do not eat it that often. I am usually not cooking at home at there aren't that many places with tasty spicy food around where I live.

blackmage_nuke
10-05-2014, 07:44 AM
There arent many meals that cant be improved with a little sriracha sauce

Markus. D
10-05-2014, 10:12 PM
if it's gochujang i will probaly 1:1 it with my food because I AM GULLIBLE AND I THINK IT MAKES MY SKIN PRETTY.

Shorty
10-06-2014, 05:26 PM
I used to hate hate hate anything with even the mildest spice. As I get older, though, I sortof find myself craving it a little bit. Love me some medium spice curry and thai.

Pumpkin
10-06-2014, 05:30 PM
I can handle pretty spicy and I enjoy spicy. What I don't enjoy is when they focus too much on making something spicy and neglect the taste so all you have is a mouthful of spice. It should still have flavor

Spuuky
10-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Vindaloo can range in hotness just like everything else. I'm sure it wasn't hot. It's almost impossible to convince restaurants to actually serve hot food. They will serve hot-ish food, sure. Sriracha is about a 3/5 in my opinion, which is about as hot as most places are willing to get.

I order food as hot as they will make it. I especially cherish places that WILL actually serve really hot food, especially Thai and Indian restaurants. Vindaloo is maybe my very favorite food.

I really don't like the taste of jalapenos, though, even if they are pretty hot.

Night Fury
10-07-2014, 04:47 AM
Yeah I figured it's the case that they just didn't make it hot enough! /grumble. I don't think I've ever had Sriracha with anything, I'll have to pick some up and try it.

Shorty
10-07-2014, 04:48 AM
If I'm not pleased with how spicy something is, I just add cayenne pepper.

Ergroilnin
10-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Maybe a little ot but imo a funny story... Father of my ex used to boast how he eats whole xy spicy peppers without inching and how he loves it, so for his birthday I got him 750k SHU sauce, when he saw it he laughed, poured whole lot on his food. After first bite he went full red, drank litre of milk and was out of it for like half hour. Good times.

Chris
10-08-2014, 12:56 PM
I will eat till I die. Burn my throat up with all you can throw my way!

Pheesh
10-09-2014, 04:40 AM
While I was in USA I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and got the wing sauce that was... I think third from the top (there was the 'inferno' sauce, some Spicy Thai one, and then this). I was technically able to eat it, and it was delicious, but I would say that is my threshold for my heat tolerance. It made me physically sweat, which is something that rarely happens to me, and was just generally pretty brutal.

Jess
10-11-2014, 11:31 AM
The hotter the better! I add hot sauce and chilli to anything I can.