PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope to see?

Wolf Kanno
10-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Okay, so now that we've been getting some info about the game and we can finally move past "dream game" to the more likely reality, what are you hoping to see from this game now?

Hannibal_Khan
10-04-2014, 08:03 PM
They need to show a new trailer with english voice actors, towns, chocobo's , and show some more summons. I'm betting we get some juicy new footage at Jump Festa ;).

Depression Moon
10-04-2014, 10:27 PM
The only thing I really cared about is not going to be in, so I'm not looking for anything specific from now on. A steerable airship would be cool, but I wouldn't be upset if there isn't one.

Colonel Angus
10-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Full frontal nudity.

Not really, but I'd actually like to see how the leveling system will work.

chionos
10-05-2014, 12:11 AM
I hope to see a snapshot of Yoshitaka Amano, Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu, Yoshinori Katasi, and Hiroyuki Ito as an easter egg after the end credits with a sign that says, "We're back, bitches! FFXVI 2017"

Sephiroth
10-05-2014, 12:44 AM
An overworld map.

Freya
10-05-2014, 03:09 AM
I want to know the English VAs. That'll be a big thing for me. Otherwise, I'm already intrigued so nothing drastic I want to know about now besides the VAs

Kozmos
10-05-2014, 03:15 AM
I'd like to see more of the magic system. Also would love to get a glimpse at some of the classic FF staples like chocobos and moogles.

Del Murder
10-05-2014, 08:21 AM
I hope it is a fun game and not stupid. The XIII series was fun, but also pretty stupid. So that's the bar.

Admittedly, I've been more critical of this game once it got the FFXV label. Some of this may be unfair since Versus was what it was when it got the rebrand and expecting a dramatic change would be a stretch. But I feel part of it is not unfair. SE made a conscious decision to rebrand this as FFXV and with that they must accept that the expectations elevate with that label. It has been a tough pill to swallow with a lot of the departures from what this series has meant to me, though I do get that FF has never been a series to emphasize consistency. Overall it seems cool so far.

What do I expect out of this game at this point? The same thing I expected from Versus: a fun action RPG that vaguely reminds you of those Final Fantasy games they used to make. What did I expect out of FFXV (pre-rebrand)? One of those Final Fantasy games they used to make.

Ayen
10-05-2014, 08:45 AM
For one of the giant monsters to lift up its foot and squash you flat, killing you in a single blow for being stupid about charging a monster that's twice your side.

Bonus points if they can do this even while you're driving the car.

Hannibal_Khan
10-05-2014, 08:54 AM
What do I expect out of this game at this point? The same thing I expected from Versus: a fun action RPG that vaguely reminds you of those Final Fantasy games they used to make. What did I expect out of FFXV (pre-rebrand)? One of those Final Fantasy games they used to make.
Chances are FFXVI has been in development since the announcement of the new consoles and they are waiting until XV is released to announce it. So do you anticipate XVI will be "One of those Final Fantasy games they used to make". And what would it take to make it a FF like that?

Magic Pot
10-05-2014, 11:06 AM
A decent combat system would be nice. I'm a little sceptical having seen the trailer as I really wasn't a fan of XIII's "auto-battle" thing.

Also, I'm not so sure I'll like playing as what looks like a Japanese version of One Direction.

Fynn
10-05-2014, 11:22 AM
It's a bit late to be expecting that to change :D

Magic Pot
10-05-2014, 11:26 AM
I know, I know! But I just hope they're given some personality and they're not just a group of "lads" with no terms on endearment whatsoever.

I do like the scale of some of these fights, though. Bring on the fight against Leviathan!

fat_moogle
10-05-2014, 03:07 PM
The main area I'd like to see discussed next, more so than anything actually, is the levelling system. I've mentioned this somewhere in another thread, but it will be interesting to see where Tabata takes it. Will there be traditional levels as seen in the earlier FF's and, if so, how will characters learn abilities? I would love a return to something similar to FFIX, where you level up in the normal manner but learn new abilities from weapons and armour.

I'm thinking though that it will be a more streamlined progression like X and XIII, where levels are removed and replaced by the Sphere Grid and Crystarium. The "hold x to level" was pretty boring in XIII. But then so is having to move / unlock / learn / move / unlock / learn.

There's definitely room for innovation.

Fox
10-05-2014, 03:43 PM
I'd like no levelling system at all, and have it replaced by something else. That won't happen of course, but levelling systems are conceptually flawed, I have various beefs with pretty much all of them.

Something along the lines of the Sphere Grid or Lilium Orb from Xillia would probably be the best I could realistically hope for.

Fynn
10-05-2014, 04:03 PM
I'd like no levelling system at all, and have it replaced by something else. That won't happen of course, but levelling systems are conceptually flawed, I have various beefs with pretty much all of them.

Something along the lines of the Sphere Grid or Lilium Orb from Xillia would probably be the best I could realistically hope for.

I never thought I'd see someone express this opinion :exdee:

Fox
10-05-2014, 04:09 PM
I never thought I'd see someone express this opinion :exdee:

Well, they're just the ultimate in false progression and achievement, you know? You get stronger, but you still need enemies to pose a challenge, so you have to scale them up as well. It causes huge balance issues because you have to try and match enemy strength in any given part of the game with player strength (which can very greatly depending on if they've been grinding or doing sidequests), and at the end of the day you're still just doing the same thing as at the start but with bigger numbers. And it's kinda weird where swinging a sword does 10 times more damage at the end of the game than at the start; that's a ridiculous increase for someone who was supposed to be efficient at sword swinging from the beginning! :)

Systems like the Sphere Grid are a little better as they offer you some choice into which numbers you make bigger - it doesn't all just happen in a completely linear and pre-determined fashion - and they also tie abilities into it.

But most of the time: bleh XD

Del Murder
10-05-2014, 04:51 PM
So do you anticipate XVI will be "One of those Final Fantasy games they used to make". And what would it take to make it a FF like that?
Fantastical whimsy.

black orb
10-05-2014, 10:15 PM
>>> Cars..:luca:

DanielCLFFF13
10-14-2014, 07:30 AM
PC logo.
CO-OP support.
Switching party member.
But this is my opinion :)

Loony BoB
10-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Dreamworld: Great, enjoyable plot direction and story in general.
Realistically: Great, enjoyable character dialogue and characters in general.
Also: More than one villain, both/all of which are interesting and there from the start. None of this surprise final boss bullcrap.
And definitely: A big world with fantastic areas within it. I know it's a fantasy based on reality, but I really do want to see some "natural" wonders.

black orb
10-16-2014, 05:00 AM
Ldyx3KHOFXw

>>> I want this to be the main music theme of the game. It would be awesome..:luca:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-16-2014, 06:59 AM
I hope to see a snapshot of Yoshitaka Amano, Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu, Yoshinori Katasi, and Hiroyuki Ito as an easter egg after the end credits with a sign that says, "We're back, bitches! FFXVI 2017"

That reminds me that a new Developer's Office would be really cool:

Depression Moon
10-16-2014, 03:12 PM
Wait a minute, that was really in four?

Del Murder
10-16-2014, 05:04 PM
And this kind of stuff is exactly what FF is missing. 10 years from now will people still be discovering things about FFXIII? Nope, no one will care about FFXIII in 10 years. Hopefully XV has some hidden gems like this that aren't shoved down your throat through datalogs or mission markers.

Loony BoB
10-16-2014, 05:11 PM
And this kind of stuff is exactly what FF is missing. 10 years from now will people still be discovering things about FFXIII? Nope, no one will care about FFXIII in 10 years.
If you think that FFIV has some unachievable level of care from the masses that FFXIII is incapable of achieving, I believe you are mistaken. You can read into that in two different ways, mind you...

Del Murder
10-16-2014, 06:01 PM
What I mean is, many years later people still discover easter eggs they missed in the old FF games but XIII was so limited and literal in scope and design that it's hard to have missed anything. XV is supposed to be open world so I expect there will be tons of side activities to discover for years to come.

chionos
10-16-2014, 07:20 PM
We can hope.

Del's 100% correct about FFXIII, btw.

Del Murder
10-20-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm hoping to see an open world, meaning the whole world and not just one region or city. One of the great things in FF is exploring the world via airship and chocobo and visiting several diverse locations.

I don't need seamless transition over the whole damn map. I'd prefer traveling over far distances to more contained areas than having free range over an area of smaller scope.

Hannibal_Khan
10-20-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm hoping to see an open world, meaning the whole world and not just one region or city. One of the great things in FF is exploring the world via airship and chocobo and visiting several diverse locations.

I don't need seamless transition over the whole damn map. I'd prefer traveling over far distances to more contained areas than having free range over an area of smaller scope.

I think tabata said it was like Red dead redemption(hey at least it isn't a series of hallways). And who was at Square that said "You can go to the Montains"​?

BustaMo
11-03-2014, 06:46 PM
One of the many things I would like to see would be the method of earning summons like in FFXII where you had to go off to a remote location, do some side-quest, and then face the beast and win in order to have them as part of your crew. Love this method instead of just finding an item and it's a summon, or someone gifting you it.

Kozmos
11-03-2014, 07:40 PM
One of the many things I would like to see would be the method of earning summons like in FFXII where you had to go off to a remote location, do some side-quest, and then face the beast and win in order to have them as part of your crew. Love this method instead of just finding an item and it's a summon, or someone gifting you it.

I think it's been said in the past that you earn summons by defeating them, but I do hope that not all of them are story points (like Leviathan is) and there are some challenging hidden ones!

Del Murder
11-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Yes I would much prefer side quests to find the summons (like FFXII or going all the way back to FFIV) rather than they all being story-related fights (like FFXIII).

With the focus on exploration in this game it would be really cool to randomly discover a hidden area that contains a new summon!

Edge7
11-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Really, I'm just excited to see the fruits of Nomura's "passion project". Like, what has he been pouring into this for the past couple years? Tabata seems to be trying very hard to stick to Nomura's vision, so we'll see.

Griever731
12-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Extremely interesting optional bosses just chilling on the 'world map' that are a nightmare to defeat.

Pike
12-13-2014, 03:35 PM
I hope to see this game released on Steam at the same time that it's released on consoles.

Hannibal_Khan
12-14-2014, 02:59 AM
They should make it so you could navigate by the stars, or some game should do this...

chionos
12-14-2014, 10:10 PM
They should make it so you could navigate by the stars, or some game should do this...

There are games where you can technically do this, though none that use it as a mechanic built into the game that I know of.

Most of the games where you can do that also have detailed maps that make it unnecessary. I did sometimes use the sky to help me navigate in FFXI when I'd get mixed up from fighting and not want to pull up the map.

A true survival game where you have a compass and the stars and have to make your way through some woods/mountains/desert could be interesting. There are games that have moments of this kind of thing, but I mean a game entirely focused on it. Maybe there's already a game like that and I don't know about it, in which case I'd love to hear about it.

Loony BoB
12-19-2014, 12:14 PM

There are games where you can technically do this, though none that use it as a mechanic built into the game that I know of.

Most of the games where you can do that also have detailed maps that make it unnecessary. I did sometimes use the sky to help me navigate in FFXI when I'd get mixed up from fighting and not want to pull up the map.

A true survival game where you have a compass and the stars and have to make your way through some woods/mountains/desert could be interesting. There are games that have moments of this kind of thing, but I mean a game entirely focused on it. Maybe there's already a game like that and I don't know about it, in which case I'd love to hear about it.
They should make a game based in Bermuda's Triangle where you hunt treasure and/or sunken ships/planes on small islands you can only find by using the stars to navigate, due to computer and compass equipment being unreliable because, well, Bermuda's Triangle.

metagloria
12-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Extremely interesting optional bosses just chilling on the 'world map' that are a nightmare to defeat.
You know I'm going to go attack that Adamantoise from the trailer the first chance I get.

After saving, of course.

Loony BoB
12-19-2014, 01:19 PM
You know I'm going to go attack that Adamantoise from the trailer the first chance I get.

After saving, of course.
Likewise. :D

Ayen
12-19-2014, 01:20 PM
5000 gils on the Adamantoise.

Freya
12-19-2014, 06:23 PM
It'll take you 15 actual hours to beat the Adamantoise (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/159396-Article-Superbosses-will-be-in-Final-Fantasy-XV) so you may wanna save him for later...

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-01-2015, 02:22 PM
I'd like to travel way far out on the world map and find a small town that has absolutely nothing to do with plot whatsoever. You can talk to a couple of NPC and explore the town which has a relaxing piece from the score. All I need to find in this middle of nowhere location is a treasure or two, and possibly an item shop with a unique item.

Zerobot
03-11-2015, 08:11 AM
World map.