PDA

View Full Version : Aetherial Manipulation and Leviathan Extreme

Jessweeee♪
10-05-2014, 04:25 AM
I'm trying to find out if this is actually happening or just lag or my imagination or something. I feel like, even when I'm far away enough before using it (and use it anyway for funsies), if I'm still in the middle of the sliding animation I take the hit. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe I'm just not as far as I thought I was but I've never had this issue until the past two weeks :confused:

chionos
10-05-2014, 06:02 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to, as I'm not far enough into the game to know anything about the Leviathan fight, but if you're talking about using AM to get away from an AoE or something, then I'll throw my two bits in. I have yet to figure out the actual dimensions and timings of the various ground circles/cones/columns, because there have been so many times that I have been well out of the area in plenty enough time and still took the damage. I'm still trying to narrow down the circumstances. I thought today that being in the middle of an action somehow affected it, but I'm not totally sure yet.

I know, you're asking specifically about AM, but I wanted to mention that anyway. I don't know much about the AM, so I wouldn't know how to answer, but I can ask questions. How does AM's mapping work? I've never actually seen it in action. Does the character move across the screen or depop & pop? If it's a depop thing, perhaps there's a actually an invisible path being traveled creating a line between depop and pop points and if that line crosses into the AoE then it counts as being in it. That's just my guess off the top of my head. Someone else will probably come in here and have an actual smart answer for you.

Jessweeee♪
10-05-2014, 10:27 AM
When you use it your character just sort of slides from point A to point B. Basically the attack happens behind me, I was pretty sure far enough back where I wouldn't take the damage, and then I use it to move even further away to avoid falling off the ring, but if I'm mid-animation I seem to still take the damage anyway :confused:

idk maybe I just suck and I'm imagining the whole thing

o_O
10-07-2014, 12:32 PM
It's probably lag if you're taking the hit even after you've begun sliding. In Levi ex, however, don't use your AM to avoid hits. You can use it to cancel the sliding effect from Levi's slams. Just wait for two dives, then the third will be a slam; when he bursts out of the water for a slam, AM to a party member, and you won't go sliding to the other end of the boat. Don't do it too early, or you'll still slide anyway.

futsuriai
10-07-2014, 02:35 PM
I believe that it counts you as being in the original position until the slide finishes, so if you tried to slide away from WoL on Titan or something, you'd still get facerekt unless you finish the slide before damage gets calculated.

But like Humph, the coolest use in Levi is to prevent the slide from the slams more than to get away from any specific attack.

Jessweeee♪
10-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Yeah that's what I'm mostly using it for but I was still taking damage from the slam. Probably I was just closer to him than I thought when I started AM :spin: