PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite job?

Jessweeee♪
10-05-2014, 06:48 PM
I like Black Mage for the huge booms and also I like sporting the spooky witch look while I go places on my floating giant eye monster.

chionos
10-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Well so far all I've unlocked/played is Warrior, which I do like. I like tanking in this game, I think more than I did in FFXI. Toward the end of my FFXI experience, I was doing a lot of healing by way of WHM, SMN, and RDM, but I don't think I'm going to like being a healer in FFXIV. I look forward to Blackmagery eventually, though I haven't looked at how much race affects such things in FFXIV. I was a badass Galka BLM in FFXI, but can I do that again in FFXIV?

I look forward to Ninja coming soon.

Jessweeee♪
10-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Yeah, the stat bonuses for race are very negligible, any race can excel at any job c:

Night Fury
10-06-2014, 06:32 AM
I love being Scholar, more so than I do White Mage.

I've gotten pretty good at it too, lately. It's just fun, controlling Selene and Eos and switching from DPS to healer and just kind of being the secret badass in dungeons! Plus the weapons are super cute! :D

Aulayna
10-06-2014, 10:12 AM
WHM/BRD/SMN in equal measure

Markus. D
10-06-2014, 03:35 PM
i was really disappointed with the BRD. SMN was very flashy tho n-n

Scotty_ffgamer
10-07-2014, 03:31 AM
I'm still just starting out (my highest level class is 20), so I haven't seen of the later classes obviously. That being said, i just now tried out Arcanist, and I think it's my absolute favorite so far.

Loony BoB
10-07-2014, 11:37 AM
WAR, closely followed by PLD. Job, that is. If we're talking class, well, there are so many DoL and DoH to pick from. :love:

o_O
10-07-2014, 12:24 PM
My favourite two are WAR and BLM. WAR is just so versatile with the tanking style you choose, and BLM is super fun and flashy.

Pumpkin
10-07-2014, 12:57 PM
I always feel so losery in these convos because I'm so new and dweeby, but so far I like the Thaumaturge most. Considering my passion for Black Mages, this doesn't surprise me. Although I do enjoy my Carbuncle with my Arcanist and I always feel lonely after I use it

Markus. D
10-07-2014, 05:39 PM
oh man i'm not sure if it's still the case. but THM/BLM were the masters of DPS in all categories, and FATEs (with Blizz II). I'm wishing the NIN/RGE debut all the best when they get to end game.

Jessweeee♪
10-08-2014, 12:39 AM
hahaha my favorite thing about FATE grinding was all of the pretty Blizzard IIs going off at once

jlenoconel
10-08-2014, 08:29 AM
...until I get past about 35 in that class and you start getting a$$h@les in the dungeons and what not. I enjoy conjurer/healer quite a lot, and I usually get good player commendations, so its sucks to get to upper levels and get people talking s**t and kicking you out of the duty for slight mistakes and stuff. So yeah... I do look forward to trying out something like blacksmith because that way I can make and sell weapons, which I think will be awesome.

Jessweeee♪
10-11-2014, 05:27 AM
If you get kicked for making mistakes and that wasn't a rule that the whole party agreed upon before starting the duty then you should report them. It's considered an abuse of the kick option and also just really dickish :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-17-2014, 08:44 PM
I like being WHM. As a healer, I hold your lives in my hands. :D

oddler
12-07-2014, 04:04 PM
My favorite is SMN because Egi + DoTs + AoE + Resurrection + Lala. And they can hit things with books, come on. :choc2:

chionos
12-07-2014, 10:16 PM
And they can hit things with books, come on. :choc2:

I'd never thought of it that way. You make a good point, sir.

Rostum
12-09-2014, 03:00 AM
At the moment I'm main'ing Bard, but I honestly enjoy all the jobs. I'll probably start focusing on Paladin/Warrior for Ironworks gear after I've finished with Bard.

I just wish they'd make it easier to gear up more than 2-3 jobs per major patch... Especially for those that don't really care enough to farm raids. Hell, I'd even settle for more affordable crafted gear at iLvl110 (or increase the amount of gear dropped in ST, or even make PvP gear viable outside of PvP). Doesn't have to be the best gear out there, but viable enough so I can gear up jobs I normally put on the backburner because they aren't in unweathered or coil gear.

radicaledward124
01-18-2015, 10:54 PM
I love being a Warrior. I love tanking. I also like to play white mage. it's fun and compared to tanking easier lol.

Dat Matt
01-19-2015, 10:37 PM
I've had a shot with BLM, WHM, SCH and ARC so far. WHM is my favorite so far as it's simple. Will i be saying that in some high level dungeons? Not sure.

I've had a shot with LNC and PLG. I really disklike the combo system there. I'll likely not level up many of the close range classes if they are all like that.

Rocket Edge
01-21-2015, 08:49 PM
PLD. I've only gotten WHM & BRD to job's so far however.