PDA

View Full Version : EA Origin: Dragon Age - On The House

Vyk
10-08-2014, 10:10 PM
I know a lot of people hate EA and especially having to use Origin. But I also know some people already have Origin, and may be interested in the fact that the original Dragon Age is free. On The House. So if you have Origin, or don't mind getting Origin. Hop on over and claim your free Dragon Age game :)

Psychotic
10-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Origin doesn't deserve the bad rep it gets, it's actually a really good service. But then EA are The Great Satan and blah blah so it's never going to get a fair hearing. Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to pick it up now.

Spuuky
10-09-2014, 01:54 AM
Origin may be good or bad, don't really know, I really try to stay centralized on one platform as much as possible (obviously Steam). EA is evil and horrible. Dragon Age is incredible, probably a top-10 RPG in gaming history. So, I guess what I'm saying is I still highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't have it.

Vyk
10-09-2014, 03:08 AM
Also if you have a PC that can handle it, its probably the best way to go. There are dozens of mods. All the hairstyles and skin textures you could want at Nexus. I think there's armors and weapons and stuff as well. I don't know exactly. The girlfriend had the game and modded the crap out of it. So I'm familiar. But no more

Markus. D
10-10-2014, 08:42 AM
it's literally just origins with the shale pack though. it's just a pull to get in a bigger userbase. people who have origin back in the day likely got it to play ME3, meaning they are also likely to have played/own some variation of the Ultimate Edition (or at least the base game + expansion).

Vyk
10-10-2014, 03:57 PM
My girlfriend owns it on every system. This is a good chance for people who got it on console (like myself) to finally experience it on PC for free (like myself). I've never played it on PC, which should be fun with all the mods available. I'm surprised they even included Shale now that you mention it. Because it's not like some legendary edition or complete package or anything. It simply said Dragon Age: Origins. So all I expected was Dragon Age: Origins

If you have it on console and that's all you want, no biggy. I grabbed it because I want more. Plus the PC is a lot closer to that "Spiritual Baldur's Gate" thing they were toting back then. You can zoom out the camera and treat it a lot more tactically. Which is very nice. Mods, tactical gameplay, win. I'm sure I'll play through the game again someday. And now I'll at least have that option when I do

But I'm a weirdo. I have Skyrim and Oblivion on multiple platforms as well. And none of it is pirated, interestingly enough lol .... actually, on that note. I have the Mass Effect series that way too... I guess I'm hopeless when it comes to large immersive (imo) RPGs :)

Freya
10-10-2014, 04:49 PM
I wish my lappy could run this stuff :/

Jessweeee♪
10-11-2014, 05:21 AM
DAO will run on almost anything on the lowest settings. Though it does get a bit tricky if you play a mage and like the big guns. I'm not gonna get it because I've bought this game like six times already between replacing a lost copy and giving it away as a gift.

Markus. D
10-11-2014, 05:55 AM
My girlfriend owns it on every system. This is a good chance for people who got it on console (like myself) to finally experience it on PC for free (like myself). I've never played it on PC, which should be fun with all the mods available. I'm surprised they even included Shale now that you mention it. Because it's not like some legendary edition or complete package or anything. It simply said Dragon Age: Origins. So all I expected was Dragon Age: Origins

If you have it on console and that's all you want, no biggy. I grabbed it because I want more. Plus the PC is a lot closer to that "Spiritual Baldur's Gate" thing they were toting back then. You can zoom out the camera and treat it a lot more tactically. Which is very nice. Mods, tactical gameplay, win. I'm sure I'll play through the game again someday. And now I'll at least have that option when I do

But I'm a weirdo. I have Skyrim and Oblivion on multiple platforms as well. And none of it is pirated, interestingly enough lol .... actually, on that note. I have the Mass Effect series that way too... I guess I'm hopeless when it comes to large immersive (imo) RPGs :)

The hotkey bar is a blessing i swear to yesoos. unlike the console versions there's very nitpicky micromanagement though (like baldurs gate or something similar). lots of combat pausing.

Christmas
04-14-2022, 05:13 AM
Are we talking about the awesome game or that crappy EA thingy? :bigsmile: