PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite boxed dinner

~*~Celes~*~
10-09-2014, 12:02 AM
A lot of families don't have time for meals made completely from scratch so they might pick up a Hamburger Helper from the store and make that for dinner. For those of you who have ever had this kind of experience, what's your favorite?

Velveeta Chicken Pot Pie is my all-time favorite. It's easy to make and it's something my super-picky husband scarfs down faster than I can say "I'm Captain Basch fon Rosenburg of Dalmasca." When I cook the chicken cubes, I season them with Mrs. Dash lemon pepper! mmm~ it's what I'm eating for dinner right now!

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/02/10/00/04/0002100004324_500X500.jpg

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. I am a simple man.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-09-2014, 02:06 AM
Bento

Ayen
10-09-2014, 02:21 AM
Cheeseburger. I forget the brand, I just know it comes in a box and you heat it up.

Shorty
10-09-2014, 04:04 AM
Stouffer's lasagna. Frozen lasagna is simply amazing.

yeah come get it Philip between this and the snapped noodles I hope you are currently suffering from an aneurysm

Pheesh
10-09-2014, 04:28 AM
I'm telling all of this to your Italian consulate case worker, no way are we letting you in!

The enchiladas I make could be counted I guess, but it still takes a good 30-40 mins to cook and you have to prepare basically everything. It just comes with a pre-prepared sauce, which is in a box. There's some amazing Jamie Oliver brand soups as well, the seafood chowder makes my stomach happy.

Night Fury
10-09-2014, 10:41 AM
I really, really like the 'takeaway' curry you can get from Tesco in the UK.

Every Saturday after work, I wouldn't feel like cooking at all so I would pick up one of these bad boys with some naan breads and they are really good. They're never frozen so they're 'fresh' and you just heat them up in the oven. I would say they're nicer than curry from an actual takeaway.

Chris
10-09-2014, 06:56 PM

Depression Moon
10-09-2014, 11:35 PM
My favorite boxed dinner is a box of chicken.

noxious.sunshine
10-10-2014, 01:09 AM
I almost never do boxed dinners.

I used to get the Homestyle Bakes - like chicken & dumplings and such, but it's been ages since I've had one.

When I'm with my dad, I'll do the Rice A Roni Spanish rice with ground beef and tomato sauce.. You Brown the beef and then add the rice, tomato sauce, and maybe some water.. And the flavor packet. And let it simmer until the rice is cooked. My mom used to make it a lot.

She also used to do lemon pepper chicken with some type of rice a roni, but I can't remember what.

Also with My dad, our thing is those individual microwavable servings of Kraft Mac & chz.. Throw in an extra slice of Kraft American cheese.. Oh man.

Occasionally, if I'm feeling extra lazy, all grab a bag of frozen Chinese dinner of whatever, a box of egg rolls, some pot stickers, egg drop or miso soup mix, and like sushi and edamame just make a huge platter of different Asian things for everyone to dig into and share.

Six
10-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Hamburger Helper's Cheeseburger Macaroni is absolutely amazing. Sadly I've not come across it in my area yet, and I don't think they have it here, or in Europe, but when I'm in America I can stuff myself with that when it comes to boxed meals.

Here we have a boxed meal that you just throw in the micro, Mashed potatoes with gravy meatballs and endive. It's probably the only and most amazing instant food that's good when you buy it pre-made. Omg.