PDA

View Full Version : Fruit Smoothies

Shorty
10-10-2014, 04:35 PM
I have fallen in love with fruit smoothies. What's your favorite kind of fruit smoothie?

Lately I've been doing a mix of strawberry, banana, pineapple and mango, but this morning I went for just pineapple and mango and it is so wonderfully delicious. I used to use milk to add in, but I recently discovered vanilla almond milk and it has made everything exponentially better. Has anyone tried yogurt instead as a liquid base? I think that will be my next experiment.

I've never gone so far as to add spinach or avocado or ginger or flax seeds or anything outside the realm of fruit (inb4 avocado is a fruit, can it nerds). Does anyone else do this? How does the flavor turn out?

Freya
10-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Yeah I use Vanilla almond milk as well. Strawberry and banana is my go to but I really have a huge love for peach anything so lately I've been making a lot of those. Blueberry is delicious too.

I've added spinach before. The thing about spinach is it doesn't have much of a flavor really when you mix it, so you don't taste it really besides the texture.

noxious.sunshine
10-10-2014, 07:32 PM
That's mine and Parker 's morning ritual when she's with me!

We make smoothies and omelettes or French toast for the family.

We usually do a big blend of strawberry, banana, blueberry, and Orange and we use yogurt as the "milk" part. It makes it slightly thicker And IF you get a flavored kind, adds that in as well. It's really good though!

Blueberries are like $6 for 8 oz right now so we didn't buy them this time.

I've done green smoothies but without the ice.. I don't like sweet, so I did a blend of kale, spinach, broccoli, cucumber, and ginger and lime and a bit of water and then strain the liquid into a glass using paper towels. It's yummy

Markus. D
10-12-2014, 11:14 PM
green smoothie in its many variations

Colonel Angus
10-13-2014, 12:47 AM
Does Jamba Juice count?

chionos
10-13-2014, 01:21 AM
Fresh fruit smoothie:
Strawberries, blueberries, banana, a mix of pineapple juice, a little high-pulp orange juice, and a little lemon juice, ginger, a little cayenne pepper.

Plus sometimes almonds, sometimes spinach, sometimes avocado,

Frozen fruit smoothie:
Strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, mango, pineapple and low pulp orange juices.

Night Fury
10-13-2014, 09:07 AM
Over here we have Boost Juice which is like a smoothie bar. Anyway, my fav is Green Tea Mango. It's Yoghurt with Mango and green tea - amazing!

If I make a smoothie at home with yoghurt I like to use the natural kind with no flavouring - I find it adds a sweetness and I do like that tang of natural yoghurt. Anything with strawberries is good.

Chris
10-13-2014, 09:13 AM
Strawberry + Kiwi + Pineapple. Simply amazing.

chionos
10-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Ewww, kiwis are gross. (no offense, Daniel)